PC Disenchanting Better Enchanted Items?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Matthew

Vokteraven
So. When I first started playing I disenchanted a helmet that gave me 13% more Bow damage. As I have continued playing I've found a helmet that gives me 35% + bow damage...But, I cannot disenchant this item because I have already learned the enchantment...but it's for only 13% more bow damage. Is there any way I can get the 35% instead of 13% Or am I screwed...?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
You don't learn stronger versions of an enchantment by disenchanting stronger enchanted items, you just learn the enchantment type. The strength of the enchantment you can place on an an item is based on your Enchantment skill and perks, the size of the Soul Gem/Soul you use to enchant the item, and the strength of the Fortify Enchantment potion you are using while enchanting (if you should choose to use one).

Agincourt

'Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!'
You don't learn stronger versions of an enchantment by disenchanting stronger enchanted items, you just learn the enchantment type. The strength of the enchantment you can place on an an item is based on your Enchantment skill and perks, the size of the Soul Gem/Soul you use to enchant the item, and the strength of the Fortify Enchantment potion you are using while enchanting (if you should choose to use one).

Just to add to this (an excellant answer btw Dag's) always D/E the lowest items you can find and sell the higher lvl stuff if ya can

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts