1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

PC Disenchanting Better Enchanted Items?

Discussion in 'Skyrim Help' started by Matthew, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Matthew

Matthew Vokteraven

So. When I first started playing I disenchanted a helmet that gave me 13% more Bow damage. As I have continued playing I've found a helmet that gives me 35% + bow damage...But, I cannot disenchant this item because I have already learned the enchantment...but it's for only 13% more bow damage. Is there any way I can get the 35% instead of 13% Or am I screwed...?
  2. Matthew

Matthew Vokteraven

I hope what I said made sense. If it doesn't, just say.
  3. Dagmar

Dagmar Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim

You don't learn stronger versions of an enchantment by disenchanting stronger enchanted items, you just learn the enchantment type. The strength of the enchantment you can place on an an item is based on your Enchantment skill and perks, the size of the Soul Gem/Soul you use to enchant the item, and the strength of the Fortify Enchantment potion you are using while enchanting (if you should choose to use one).
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Matthew

Matthew Vokteraven

Thanks.
  5. Agincourt

Agincourt 'Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!'

Just to add to this (an excellant answer btw Dag's) always D/E the lowest items you can find and sell the higher lvl stuff if ya can