Discerning The Transmundane ( BUG IS KILLING ME)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

haibey

Completed the quest, waiting for Septimus to contact me so I can do the second part of the quest called Blood Harvest... I've waited , slept, talked to Septimus...I am super close to getting 100% Trophies for the game but this is KILLING me. Anyone know how I can get the second part of the quest?

Eturnus

hi, i'm a bit confused, i've done this bit, but i don't remeber having to wait for anyone to contact me. i finished th ebit to transcribe onto the cube, and then went and talked to septimus and he gave me the next part. In your journel what does it say is your current objective on your quest?

haibey

All objectives are complete. It says I have to wait for Septimus to contact me. This only happens if you go to the dragon before returning the lexicon to Septimus. Now I don't know how long I have to wait. I've done the entire quest...anyone? 80% Trophies...need a few more + this one...

Vrael42

dude, did you collect this library cube or what its called in english after you collected the elder scroll? You have to take it off the machine again after you opened it, because without it you wont get a message and the quest wont continue.

On a side note: Who cares about crummy trophies anyways lol

Senathes

After obtaining the Elder Scroll, if you immediately go to The Throat of the World and read the scroll then go to Septimus and give him the lexicon, the quest will say "wait until he has figured out the lexicon and then he will contact you". He never will, making the quest uncompleteable.

This is listed under the bugs part of this quest here http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Discerning_the_Transmundane

This is what is probably happening to you and if so your only option is to reload an earlier save.

MrMaGiK86

Completed the quest, waiting for Septimus to contact me so I can do the second part of the quest called Blood Harvest... I've waited , slept, talked to Septimus...I am super close to getting 100% Trophies for the game but this is KILLING me. Anyone know how I can get the second part of the quest?

I have exactly the same problem here..
Im playing the game for the second time now,and actually the first time it worked perfectly..
Second time around i knew i had to be level 15 to do part 2 of the quest..
The thing that i think is my problem is, that i forgot to pick up the elder scroll after the whole lexicon thing..so i went back for it later and went back to septimus,but nothing happens..
It also says wait for him to contact me..but he doest...so i tried doing the main quest up until the point where it say that you should get an elder scroll..and the game recognized me having it (when talkin to paarthurnax). So i thought that might be the bug..but i went back to septimus and still the same old cr*p :S

Does anyone know anything that might help us?

MrMaGiK86

After obtaining the Elder Scroll, if you immediately go to The Throat of the World and read the scroll then go to Septimus and give him the lexicon, the quest will say "wait until he has figured out the lexicon and then he will contact you". He never will, making the quest uncompleteable.

This is listed under the bugs part of this quest here http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Discerning_the_Transmundane

This is what is probably happening to you and if so your only option is to reload an earlier save.

Did anyone try this?
Because i didnt read the elder scroll at all..and still doesnt work..

MrMaGiK86

Well i dont know if you have solved it already:p hahah but i found it,septimus will give u a letter..
So stay in a big town and wait for a letter;)

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and this is actually my first post. I have already reached level 81 via the Oghma Infinium glitch, played throw most of the game and finished all the side guild quest. So I decided to start over this time trying to max out my character ASAP without getting to far through the main quest and not even starting any side quests.

I did however already killed the first dragon realized I was Dragon Born, Meet the Greybeards, Met up with Delphine and now she wants me to met here friend in some bar to find out what the Thalmor are up. I decide that I would like to max out my character now before getting any further in the main quest.

The only prerequisite that I have heard of was that you have to be level 15 to complete the Discerning the Transmundane quest. I started this quest when I was around level 10 and thought by the time I got back to Septimus Signus I would be level 15 or higher but I wasn't. I gave him the Dwarven lexicon and he told me he would contact me when he was ready or something. Soon after I reached level 15 and I am still waiting for some letter from Septimus Signus.

I have not read the Elder Scrolls Or even been to the "Throat of the World" so I don't think this bug would affect me, my only guess is to go to a major city like WhiteRun and just wait for a letter.

PS I just went back to Septimus Signus Outpost after reaching leave 15 last night he had the same dialogue as before. Then today I found out that I need to receive some letter from Septimus Signus. How do I receive this letter or are there some other prerequisite that I am not aware of?

Other Question

Do you need to be part of the Mage Guild start the "Blood Harvest"?
Do you have to this quest Aside from "Elder Knowledge" in the main quest line?

Looks like when i get home today i well try and wait in WhiteRun or Winterheld for the letter let you guys know it this does the trick.

Confirmed on Xbox
You can go straight to Septimus Signus Outpost in the beging of the game and start "Discerning the Transmundane" quest no matter what level.
Then to start "Blood Harvest” you must be level 15 or higher
If your level was lower than 15 when you returned the "Dwarven lexicon" to Septimus Signus you well have to reach level 15 then wait in Winterhold for a carrier to give you “Letter from Septimus Signus" read the letter and the quest should continue.
Waiting might work in other cities only tested in Winterhold

Assasin14

I found a fix so you can get the oghma infinium, but it only works on pc.
if you kill septimus siguns and then you fail the quest, after that type tcl on the console and enter the cube and you can pickup the oghma infinium

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
What is your level?

cubboard

I've figured it out. If you've not recieved the letter yet and can't be arsed waiting around for it. Go into console commands (assuming you are on pc(sucks to be you if you aren't)) and type in 'player.additem 000f6842 1' then you should get the letter. Just read it and the quest should continue :)

skyrim44445

All i had to do was talk to septimus and then go to whiterun. Right after i traveled i got the letter. I was playing the Xbox360 version FYI

VikingKing00

I believe I have figured out a solution for this annoying bug i read everyone's ideas and thought real hard and the answer was simple I went to my home in whiterun the breezehome and slept for 24hrs and as soon as i stepped out the door the courier was there and for some reason a vampire but i don't think that should be expected i believe thats from another quest possibly hopefully this helps everyone

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts