Disappearing dog at shrine of meridia

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

KingAldo

Most people have probably encountered a stray dog during their travels, and possibly make it follow you like me. We have been on many quests but when completing the quest at the shrine of meridia at the end when you collect the dawnbreaker sword and you are put in space. After meridia is finished talking to you you are teleported out of the shrine to the normal world. My follower Lydia and my dog weren't there. I waited 24 hours and Lydia was there but not mt beloved stray dog. Any ideas why this happened and how to get him back. I'm definitely sure he didn't die as I checked at the end of the quest before proceeding to get the sword.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
Most people have probably encountered a stray dog during their travels, and possibly make it follow you like me. We have been on many quests but when completing the quest at the shrine of meridia at the end when you collect the dawnbreaker sword and you are put in space. After meridia is finished talking to you you are teleported out of the shrine to the normal world. My follower Lydia and my dog weren't there. I waited 24 hours and Lydia was there but not mt beloved stray dog. Any ideas why this happened and how to get him back. I'm definitely sure he didn't die as I checked at the end of the quest before proceeding to get the sword.

It is not nice at all to loose your best friend but I’ve never seen that before. Matter of fact I’ve never been followed by a dog, except when you do the quest Daedric Best Friend in Falkreath. When I did the Meridia quest, I was alone. I hope that you can find it or if you can reload your game, I would not let it follow me into the Meridia temple if you can command it which I doubt it. ;)

arsha

when I was clearing the temple, I was with my follower Lydia.
however when the quest is over (to be talked to meridia after obtaining the dawnbreaker), Lydia wasn't with me anymore. I went back in to the temple and she's there!

try to go back in the temple, your dog may be there (near the entrance, or near the location of the dawnbreaker)

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
The Stray Dog has been known to disappear. There are precautions you can take to get one back on the PC but there's nothing you can do about it on a game console. The Stray Dog is not unique so perhaps you'll find another one to replace your lost pooch. (I've encountered other Stray Dogs while being followed by a Stray Dog.)

KingAldo

Thanx for the help, I went back in as far as it could and he wasn't there. I guess I'll just have to try and find another. Thanx for replying so quick as well it really helped :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts