Quest Diplomatic Immunity

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

hexr

So, when I started this quest, I heard Malborn say (in reference to giving him stuff to smuggle in to the embassy) that I should bring what would allow me to sneak and kill silently. I took this far too literally and packed only a dagger and some clothes, being unaware of the actual nature of the quest. Since I cannot kill anything with such weak equipment, I resorted to other methods to get through. But the part I cannot get past is the dungeon part where they're torturing the prisoner and I have to get the document and get out of there. They always kill me, even after trying many times. This would be less of a problem if there was a way to go back and start the quest over, but I do not have any saves from before the start of the quest. I can't even just abort the quest since I am in an area where I can not escape, either forward through the quest or back the way I came (that I can see). What can I do short of starting the entire game over again?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
What level are you and what are the primary skills you have been developing?

One thing you can do is change the difficulty setting to the easiest setting (Novice). If you haven't changed the difficulty setting this may help because it will cut all damage to you by half and double your damage from your dagger. That might help you kill the two guards in the beginning area after which you can take their armor and weapons and see if you can finish the rest of the quest on Novice settings.

Ironclad

I found I'd made the same error, bringing nearly nothing, luckily I found a better weapon.
I thought all backstabs were powerful attacks, didn't realise we needed a perk to activate it.
I eventually won the day by quick looting a mace.
Daft thing with this mission is the impossibility to sneak thru the gardens, I was far too low a level for this quest and sprinted my way out of there so close to death!

Necromis

I actually had no trouble at all sneaking thru the gardens and assassinating the guards there. But yeah if you run thru the main quest line too fast and don't use the side quests to up your skills this quest can be rather daunting. The trick I found was going around the outside balcony and killing the guards one at a time around the border before hitting the mage at the door. Though if you had a bow you can also lure the mage away from the door with a stray shot off to the distance that he can hear and move off to. Otherwise on my first play thru while I was getting hosed by him I just simply ran past him thru the door and he didn't follow me.

The dungeon is another case as has been said because you cannot escape w/o killing or at least pickpocketing a key off of a guard. So yeah, changing difficulty level will help or if all else fails use the console command tim to make you immortal and this will get you around this issue.

On a side note I really like the fact that my name, Tim, makes you immortal. LOL

BSE

If youve gotten to the point with freeing the prisoner, then that means you have killed some Thalmor on the way, or at least I would assume you have. If thats the case, simply loot their bodies and take their armor and weapons.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts