• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
What is the difference between Novice, Apprentice, Master, et al.? As I'm getting to higher levels, while there are still challenging baddies, am finding that, in general, I'm too powerful for most situations (not because of magic or super upped weapons - they're just normal with minor alterations, like addition of soul steal to keep my gems up).

Any thoughts? I know it says you can change during combat, but, an example being lockpicking - I don't have any trouble with the master level lockpicking when I have to do it. Can you set the levels on individual skills?

Sheuneux

Guardian of Talos Worship
Each difficulty either increases a NPC's Health, Magicka, and Stamina or decreases it. From Adept which is standard, increasing it to Expert, Master or Legendary will make them harder to kill by increasing those attributes, which allows you to level faster (If you can survive), and decreasing difficulty to Apprentice or Novice does the opposite, lowers the standard level'd amount of H/M/S, making it easier to kill them (Recommended for low level players who encounter high level beasts).

Drax Rifter

From the wiki, difficulty increases enemy damage while decreasing the players. That is all. Master difficulty is 2x enemy damage 0.5x player damage.

Cheers

Jaeger

^^

So, your armor skill gain rate would be buffed since they are hitting harder. Your weapon and damage dealing magic rate would be nerfed because you're dealing less damage.

Drax Rifter

^^

So, your armor skill gain rate would be buffed since they are hitting harder. Your weapon and damage dealing magic rate would be nerfed because you're dealing less damage.

Hmm, I always wondered about that. I'm thinking no. From my experience damage skills level no slower on Master than Adept. My guess is they calculate XP/damage prior to the adjustment.

Armor skills are actually harder to level because everything hits so hard you end up using strategies that avoid damage all together. I had a Bandit Leader one two-shot me with 340 armor and blocking. So I ended up paralyzing him for the kill.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts