• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ThreeDawg

How does difficulty settings scale from novice to master (eg. you deal 50% damage on master and enemies deal 200%- similar to fallout)?

vincent

SC2: DudeMan 346
No clue. All I know is that you can do whatever you want to do on novice/adept with little trouble and on master, you have to grind skills so that you can survive.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
all I know is that the enemies are just tougher to kill. I assume enemy's health and damage are higher.

mappam7

Where do you find the setting for difficulty? I have looked in Options and can't figure out how to change this setting?

Thanks!

vincent

Its under Gameplay. The initial difficulty is called Adept.

Beodix

Thane of Winterhold & Windhelm, Harbinger
I'd say the game runs the same after far a levelling but your enemies are harder to kill. EG - They are better equipped and have more health etc etc.

For example on my new Master build I was clearing out Embershard Mine and most of the Bandits had Steel Weapons as opposed to Iron and I could no longer 1 shot them with a Sneak Arrow like I was able to do on Adept.

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
Good thing is your always able to change, i was on master until my first fight with Alduin, and I had to switch down in the middle of batttle.

vincent

I'm kind of mad that you can't put resistances on your chest piece. I have to use my amulet, ring and boots for my resistances. I need more o_O

Beodix

I might have to do that as well Nic. I killed that hag Anise on Master and now the thugs are after me, I barely survived that battled on Adept as an Orc Fighter, now my sneaky theif is constantly ducking and running whenever he sees them coming up the road. I'm constantly looking over my shoulder expecting to see them there and I've tried fighting them a few time but it usually means a quick death.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Combat

it says in here that you only deal 50% of the damage to your enemies while the enemies deal 200% damage at master difficulty. I want to deal 100% damage while still taking 200% damage so I tried looking for a mod that does that but I haven't found any yet... I even tried to learn how to make a mod to do it but it's so complicated.

Garrison

Hex, I believe the setting you are looking for to achieve a 2-1 damage received to dealt ratio would be "Expert"

DifficultyPlayer Damage DealtPlayer Damage Taken
Novice x2 x0.5
Apprentice x1.5 x0.75
Adept x1 x1
Expert x0.75 x1.5
Master x0.5 x2

[edit] oops, sorry the table didn't transfer so well...

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Hex, I believe the setting you are looking for to achieve a 2-1 damage received to dealt ratio would be "Expert"

DifficultyPlayer Damage DealtPlayer Damage Taken
Novice x2 x0.5
Apprentice x1.5 x0.75
Adept x1 x1
Expert x0.75 x1.5
Master x0.5 x2

[edit] oops, sorry the table didn't transfer so well...
I suppose. But I want to deal the damage that I'm supposed to be making while every enemy attacks are potentially (and realistically) lethal. It's frustrating to shoot an arrow 15 times in the chest and not have the guy die. But if I tone down the difficulty, things get too easy. I'm currently playing on Master. I love the challenge but it can get a little tedious at times.

Beodix

I suppose. But I want to deal the damage that I'm supposed to be making while every enemy attacks are potentially (and realistically) lethal. It's frustrating to shoot an arrow 15 times in the chest and not have the guy die. But if I tone down the difficulty, things get too easy. I'm currently playing on Master. I love the challenge but it can get a little tedious at times.

I agree, I got so frustrated playing my mage on Master I almost was sworn off of Skyrim. I died almost every encounter after I defeated the first dragon at the tower. What sucks is if you are a mage your companion is always behind you, man I don't want to take point if I"m Squishy. Expert seems like a happy medium though were your opponents have a slight advantage but not a huge one.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
When you make your difficulty higher, do you het more exp per kill? cuz i'm not leveling fast, and a friend said that I should play on a higher difficulty.

vincent

Nyoxios - You level up based off of attacks plus damage. Now that the enemys are tougher, you will be using more attacks, doing more damage and their attacks will pretty much jack up your armor/block skills. I don't have solid proof and I'm only questioning myself because I'm not positive as to if it affects the experience gained from damage output.
it says in here that you only deal 50% of the damage to your enemies

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts