1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Difficulty level and followers

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by DdraigGwyn, Feb 24, 2013.

1. DdraigGwyn Cymru

Message Count:
    When you change difficulty level, it affects the damage you inflict and recieve. Does it have the same effect on followers?
  2. Bropo Consummate of Oration

Message Count:
    Followers always receive the same amount of damage regardless of a difficulty increase or decrease
  3. Psiberzerker Author

Message Count:
    Followers are NPCs, and Difficulty affects all NPCs relative to you.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bropo Consummate of Oration

Message Count:
    and they will receive the same net damage and net health as in unchanged, 1 changes to 5 simple as that. In other words they will be exactly the same
  5. Lethennon Member

Message Count:
    Keep in mind when selecting companions that not all of them lvl with you to 81. Some stop at 50, othersa lower. Only a few likt he Dark Brotherhood Initiates actually level all the way to 81.

Check out Skyrim - UESPWiki for more details.
  6. DdraigGwyn Cymru

Message Count:
    I was not asking about which level my character is, but the level of playing difficulty (novice to master)
  7. Anouck Queen of Procrastination

Message Count:
    It depends on the follower. Some followers level up with you but stuck on level 60 or something.

You should watch these videos on Youtube. They are called 'follow me' and are all about followers. I don't know how many episodes there are...

<<< This is the Lydia video :p
  8. Psiberzerker Author

Message Count:
    Followers are NPCs, and Difficulty affects the Damage Dealt by NPCs as well as To them. Therefore, Master doubles, and halves the damage for all NPCs (and Summons) including your Follower. This goes for if you start at that level, or if you switch mid game, even if they're already swinging, if you change before they connect.
  9. DdraigGwyn Cymru

Message Count:
    Thanks: so, since all NPCs deal double damage and recieve half on Master, it should balance out? My follower should be equally effective no matter what level I play on, it is only me that feels the effect?
  10. Psiberzerker Author

Message Count:
    Exactly.
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    DdraigGwyn: 3 Points Mar 2, 2013