• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I have just acquired it, but cannot decide if I want to use it. For those who did use it: do you think it was the right choice, in terms of gameplay?

Adam Warlock

Never used it since I`m basically a good guy character.
I did the quest to get it out of reach of that crazy kid of the Jarl`s who was going to use it to slaughter his family in their sleep.
My Ebony Blade is locked in the safe of my Arch Mage quarters.
Next more evil character is definitely gonna use it though as it would be a terrific weapon when fully empowered .
Paired with the Blade of Woe in the left hand , a DB assassin would be an awesome fighter who sucks the life right out of his targets

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
No. From a practical point of view it's not a very good weapon and from a roleplaying view I've never played a character sufficiently evil enough to use such a weapon.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
I used it once on that Companion with the helmet. Think she's a trainer in Block. Yeah, lured her out into the wilderness and started hacking and slashing. Never filled the magical meter so I think I did it wrong. She was a follower, as they all are, so I thought I'd use her as my sacrificial lamb. Felt bad after, especially since the meter never filled! So I reloaded, and she's back with the Companions, alive and well. Sold the damn blade to that fence in Solitude.

DdraigGwyn, whatever happened to that girl? Everything's cool between you two? Sorted?

juliemd

meh, Never used it myself. just did the quest and threw it in one of my houses. I don't like killing the NPC's that help me. lol

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
I used it. Once. Just to play around with it. It's just not that useful to a character, from a game or rp perspective. It does let you blow off some Skyrim frustration though.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Yea, never used it. I always preferred Volendrung. As far as two-handed weapons go.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I used it once on that Companion with the helmet. Think she's a trainer in Block. Yeah, lured her out into the wilderness and started hacking and slashing. Never filled the magical meter so I think I did it wrong.
You need to have a relationship rank of at least 1 with them. They don't have to be a follower but they have to be someone who you've done a favor for such as quest givers once they have their quest fulfilled and are no longer tagged as essential (which would include most marriageable NPCs).

Golgo_SPB

the ebony blade has mismatched perks, so it's not that useful. doubt it would be useful if it was apart of one skill tree either since you can't put it too the grindstone.

I actually have a character build based around it that I'm using right now.

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
I didn't use it but that is because I already had gear that far surpassed the Ebony Blade's usefulness..I did mount it on my wall though

SaveVsBedWet

Dr. D'Irsei still hasn't quested for it. There's been a backlog of denture reline requests in Riften and she's only got her extraction mace to work with. It makes things difficult.

Is this the sword based on something like Mournblade and Stormbringer in the Moorcock books? That is, it destroys friends as compensation for the power it lends to destroy foes?

Adam Warlock

so it`s a 2h weapon and you can`t smith it ? Mismatched perks too ?
lol . never used it so i thought differently.
so no , i probably wouldn`t kill 10 trusting souls to power it up even at my evilest.
Give me The Longhammer as my 2h any day of the week !

Golgo_SPB

so it`s a 2h weapon and you can`t smith it ? Mismatched perks too ?
lol . never used it so i thought differently.
so no , i probably wouldn`t kill 10 trusting souls to power it up even at my evilest.
Give me The Longhammer as my 2h any day of the week !
yeah the one-handed perks that affect it are Armsman (all 5), Fighting Stance, and Bladesman (all 3).
the two-handed perks that affect it are Devastating Blow, Great Critical Charge, Sweep, and Warmaster.
one-handed enchants and one-handed potions affect it as well and it raises the two-handed skill. So it's an odd mess.

The only really good thing about it is the unlimited charge or if you maxed out all your main skills that aren't two-handed and still want to level up since your one-handed affects the damage.

Metas

Redguard Battlemage
on a day where my judgement was just completely lacking, i sold it

Chryss

I got it but never used it, I put it on the wall and everytime i left the room it would fall to the ground. Now its locked away in a chest. Was a bit too creepy for my taste.

**SPOILER** As a side note the questline was interesting and explained why the son of the Jarl had such a bad attitude. That whisperer told him way more than he needed to know.

So, it seems the worst thing you can do in Skyrim is kill Paarthunax with the Ebony Blade. Anyone have a more despicable action to offer?.

Monopoly

Gypsy Panther
So, it seems the worst thing you can do in Skyrim is kill Paarthunax with the Ebony Blade. Anyone have a more despicable action to offer?.
Oh man... That would be so low.
I don't think anyone can come up with anything worse.
I HOPE no one can.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts