• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

did you pirate skyrim?

• Total voters

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
beating-a-dead-horse-horse-demotivational-poster-1267844749.png

Panthera

Don Gato
Yes, it's the difference between stealing something for your own pleasure and stealing several things to sell on. I'm not sure what your point is. It's still theft.
You still don't get it... You gave an example of stealing someones idea or invention. While we talk here about downloading game, which is not stealing someones idea or invention, because like I said before it's already registered trademark. Maybe if we would talking about let say EA stole codes from Bethesda than your example would have some sense. So my point was, to give some valid example which is thread related.

I'm not here to justify anything.

Halkin

pzzzztt
You still don't get it... You gave an example of stealing someones idea or invention. While we talk here about downloading game, which is not stealing someones idea or invention, because like I said before it's already registered trademark. Maybe if we would talking about let say EA stole codes from Bethesda than your example would have some sense. So my point was, to give some valid example which is thread related.

I'm not here to justify anything.

you didnt make my car, or come up with the idea of my car. yet there its there for you to take illegally if you wish.

btw, you cant have my car

you didnt make my car, or come up with the idea of my car. yet there its there for you to take illegally if you wish.

Can I have your car?

TexInOrd

Agree with dagmar.

All I would add is that the claim that stealing is justified when its from a "faceless" immoral corporation is pretty flimsy. I work for a small, incorporated family company, that specializes in IT and data processing work for airlines.

This company certainly has a face to me. Bethesda has a face to the people who work there and built it. Stealing our software whether for personal enjoyment or monetary gain would have the same effect on our bottom line.

If we are going to judge whether its ok to steal from a company because we consider them immoral and dont like their business practices, we had better be prepared to be stolen from as people, when someone doesnt like us or judges us immoral.

Panthera

Don Gato

Bro don't worry... just tell me what car and color you have and I'll copy it. :)

Halkin

pzzzztt
I prefer the official game rather than pirated versions.It helps out the developers for putting so much time and work into it.

i can kinda understand the cheap ass mums basements types not buying, they have no job, no money, and 5 minutes of pron to keep them busy. once they get a proper job they might come good

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
great scott, can i say 1.21 gigawats again?

though if you must know its a skyline gtr on its last legs, one thing went wrong then it was one after another
Aww. That's sad. Nissan Skylines are pretty cool rides!
DMC has alway been my dream car. I just found out that there are 3 originals for sale in Florida for around 45K. Off to sell my kidney:)

Halkin

pzzzztt
Aww. That's sad. Nissan Skylines are pretty cool rides!
DMC has alway been my dream car. I just found out that there are 3 originals for sale in Florida for around 45K. Off to sell my kidney:)

my next car wil be an s2000, yes yes, i know it looks like a hairdressers car but i want some rear wheel action, and by all accounts it is a damn fine car

edit: to keep on topic, you crazy pirates...

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
....because like I said before it's already registered trademark...
It's copyright not trademark. You don't have to profit from copyright infringement to be guilty of it. Unauthorized use of software is copyright infringement regardless of profit which is why a copyright owner can get a judgment for thousands of dollars against you even if you didn't make one penny from the use. While exact analogies between taking a tangible piece of property and intellectual property don't exist, the overarching principle of taking something that someone owns remains the same.

As the name implies, a person who owns the copyright owns the right to make copies of the original. When you use an illegal copy of it your violating that person's property rights. If you want a concession to the semantic argument that's fine but it doesn't change the fact that it's illegal and it's wrong.

Now gimme the keys to your car! Vroooooooooooooom!

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
my next car wil be an s2000, yes yes, i know it looks like a hairdressers car but i want some rear wheel action, and by all accounts it is a damn fine car

No that's a great choice. I like the vertical doors, but I don't if that's standard or a customize-able option.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
On behald of all downloaders, to those who must insist that downloading is stealing:

We Don't Give A **** About That Law

'naff said....

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts