• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

drunksquirrel

Anyone else have the bug where you save Dexion Evicus from the vampires but when you get back to Fort Dawnguard, he attacks everyone? Tried console commands to reset aggression level. No luck. My last non-quick/auto save is 24 levels ago, so I'm pretty mad right now.

Anyone have any advice for fixing this or any word on a patch?

Medea

The Shadow Queen
Yes. I've had the same thing happen to me. This thread has been posted multiple times but it's not your fault cuz the glitch is very common. No one has a solution yet. Looks like we'll have to wait for a patch (AGAIN).

The only thing that worked for me is to cast the master level calm (illusion) spell on him. He seems to be maxed-out at level 30, so if you're lower level, a lower level calm spell may work. The bad thing is you have to cast it over and over until you're done talking to everyone in Castle Dawnguard EVERY FLIPPIN TIME YOU GO THERE. If you're not good enough at illusion, a master level scroll might work. Sorry, that's all I can think of.

drunksquirrel

I tried fiddling with the console commands again, and I GOT HIM TO SIMMAH DOWN!!!

It was a combination of:
Addtofaction 0005A1​A4 1 , which adds the selected NPC to the player ally faction, which will make a normally hostile NPC no longer hostile towards the player

and also:
setav aggression 0 , which obviously sets the selected NPC's aggression to 0

I input both of these AFTER beating down Evicus, and WITHOUT a follower with me. Then I left Fort Dawnguard and went back in and he was standing across the room from Isran.

Also, all this happened during the Prophet quest, after talking to Isran at Fort Dawnguard, but before asking Evicus to read the scroll.

I hope this helps somebody!

lrougel

you should probably try and use a method I did except everyone but Dexion was hostile, open the console type coc and a city ex coc riverwood and wait like a day or so then go back to the castle see if there still hostile.

smoke

I am Brazilian, I'm more a solution to the problem. I used the console command "kill" over Dexion. in my case I hope you work it worked for you too. thank you !

Smoyf

THE KILL CONSOLE COMMAND SOLVES THIS PROBLEM!! Smoke is correct! I've been searching through google for solutions to this problem and none of them worked until I tried Smoke's solution of using the kill console command on Dexion. It solved the problem permanently.

I signed up for an account just to post this to help everyone else who comes across this thread. Thank you smoke for giving the working solution :)

smoke

you have to try to talk to him until he read the scroll. after that you use the command "kill" it, that's when he gets up and finishes reading the scroll, the quest progresses.

TannerP

Yes. I've had the same thing happen to me. This thread has been posted multiple times but it's not your fault cuz the glitch is very common. No one has a solution yet. Looks like we'll have to wait for a patch (AGAIN).

The only thing that worked for me is to cast the master level calm (illusion) spell on him. He seems to be maxed-out at level 30, so if you're lower level, a lower level calm spell may work. The bad thing is you have to cast it over and over until you're done talking to everyone in Castle Dawnguard EVERY FLIPPIN TIME YOU GO THERE. If you're not good enough at illusion, a master level scroll might work. Sorry, that's all I can think of.

what do you mean master level calm?? all i can find is an apprentice level and it only works to level 9 and doesn't work on Dexion.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
what do you mean master level calm?? all i can find is an apprentice level and it only works to level 9 and doesn't work on Dexion.

The master level calm spell is called Harmony. It's only available for purchase after you've reached skill level 100 in Illusion. It works on all opponents level 33 or lower. You might be able to find a scroll of Harmony somewhere to cast on him, but I'm not sure if you find those before you master Illusion, or if the scrolls are as powerful as the actual spell.

EDIT: If you're looking for a quick way to level up Illusion, get the apprentice level Illusion perk and cast muffle over and over again while you travel. You can buy muffle from the mage in Dragonreach castle in Whiterun.

Moonwort

I have this bug, but I just wait until he get's pummeled by everyone else (Serana usually thrashes him), then I can speak with him while he is on his knees and he will do his thing.

Pete

PC - I fixed my problem by turning off some mods. Apparently mods that alter NPC's can interfere with this quest. When the barrier goes down, he is a vampire thrall and when you beat him to where he yields, accept the yield by sheathing your weapons, wait for him to stand and he's now normal and explains he was being controlled by the vampires.

When I had the NPC mods, he would never yield properly.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts