• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mithro'I

Herro :)

I'm about to start a destruction mage, so I have questions for people experienced with magic usage in skyrim:

Because of the lack of scaling of destruction damage output I guess its questionable how viable a destruction mage would be on higher difficulties. Survivability might not be a problem with impact, but things would still take ages to kill.

What have y'all done about it? Stick to Adept or expert? Install destruction mods? If so, which ones did you go for?

As always, thanks for any ideas :)

:pinkdragon::beermug::bluedragon:

Reactions: Sah

JoeReese

I, too, have been less than impressed with destruction magic, especially at higher levels. Though fortify destruction potions help, it doesn't always flow in combat.
I have seen a few destruction mods out there, but haven't tried them. I ended up making a ring, in creation kit, that doubles output and halves cost of destruction spells.

I can't think of the name offhand, but there's a mod on steam, which does scale destructive power along with your skill/perks. I'll try to find it and link it here. God only knows
what's on nexus. lol

Mithro'I

RIght now I'm considering a mod that adds destruction school damage enchants (like 1h, archery,.... etc enchants) to the game so the player can get gear that actually makes a mage more powerful, like any other type of damage output.

JoeReese

It was one of my first mods and a learn-as-you-go job. If you end up testing it, I'd love to hear any feedback. I think you'd like the psychic punch.

Mithro'I

I think for now I'll stick with the mod that adds destruction spell damage enchants :) I want to add as little as possible to balance it out. If I feel like I'll want to change more about it I'll definitely check it out in the future tho!

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Destruction has one spell that can take out a legendary dragon fairly easily but you need Dragonborn DLC, Ignite. Ahzidal's Ring of Arcana is broke if you perk into it. With Augmented Flames (2/2) and Aspect of Terror (Illusion) you will jump from doing 4 damage per for 15 seconds to a whopping 21 points per 15 seconds for a single cast, dual cast just gets ridiculous. Add in Ahzidal's Mask and I believe the mediation from Paarth also affects it and dragons will melt in the air on legendary. Most of Destruction does not scale but Ignite can most definitely hang and even dominate if you max it out. Not bad for an apprentice level spell. And it stacks with no penalty.

Last edited:

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Well, I don't have the luxury of mods, being that I refuse to cross over to PC gaming...

My Dragon Priestess is a master level destruction, conjuration, and enchanting. The combination is certainly viable, but this is the only character that I still play on adept difficulty, which keeps the destruction more viable at higher levels. She uses Ahzidal, Zahkriisos, and Dukaan dragon priest masks, depending on the situation, which also fits into the lore of the character. I was disappointed in the Master level destruction spells, but I do love lightning storm for certain situations, especially dragons. I'll note that my enchanting was used to create Galadra's Fang, an enchanted Dragon Priest dagger that she can fall back on in melee situations. It's OP, but she doesn't mind. :beermug:

DSCN1688_zpsc25f9d1e.jpg

Sah

Well, I don't have the luxury of mods, being that I refuse to cross over to PC gaming...

puts a case of :beermug: on the table......*undoes top button of armor, then the next*o_O......*sits seductively on chair*<3......*dose the Sharron Stone crossed leg thing*:oops:....lets talk about PC's;)

Pete

Pure destruction mage is one thing, but I find that enchanting with it's perks and destruction and it's perks are kissing cousins. Oh the weapons I've created and used. My latest favorite I named the hunting bow of consuming fire.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts