• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SaltwaterZebra

Hello, this is just an idea I had. As many of us know, Destruction can be extremely tedious to power-level. Flames and healing hands just sometimes doesn't cut it. I was looking into illusion training in the Blue Palace basement *SPOILER* with all of the Jarls and their advisors when it hit me. If normal Jarls and their advisors are marked as essential (thus immortal), were the imprisoned ones considered the same? I visited the place and was surprised to find many potential victims. The room was fairly small, with pillars and a staircase, and it seemed perfect for what I had in mind:

Basically, you need good armor (or lower difficulty; I tried this on Adept), possible destruction reduction gear, and healing spells (fast healing, close wounds, etc.) if you are worried about dying. I tried this out, and it worked amazingly. Went from 60 to 100 destruction in very little time; maybe an hour or two at most. All I had to do was run around throwing runes everywhere and there's so many essential characters that it was basically a river of fiery explosions and destruction exp. I did have to kill a few guards unfortunately, but that is a minimal consequence.

I was around 70-80 heavy armor, with full ebony enhanced with 100 smithing (plus enchanted smithing gear) and amulet/ring enchanted for 100% total reduction in Destruction and Restoration. I will admit, it's somewhat high end, but if you had good enough armor you could probably get away with letting your magicka regenerate. I also had the Mage Stone active.

Has anyone else tried this? I've looked around and most of the guides are using flames and healing hands (on shadowmere, essentials, etc.) or on summoned creatures to level conjuration. Haven't tried on shadowmere, but flames and healing hands (on Legates*) was painfully slow for me.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts