• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
The ancient shrouded armor is an upgrade on the standard. He also forgot the Jester's or Cicero's clothes depending on your choice.

Nighthiker77

Yeah, all kinds of goodies. If you use mage armor perks(I never do) then Cicero's or Jester's sets might be cool. The 3 things I'd really miss are the ancient shrouded cowl, windshear, and Shadowmere.

Mehrunes Razor is my dagger of choice, but it is definitely harder to get.

Another thing I don't think anybody mentioned yet are the Dark Brotherhood Initiates, that level at least to 81, can't die, actually sneak Ok, and talk way less than Cicero.

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
Anyways...

I have to avoid the Dark Brotherhood Quests entirely because I neither want to destroy nor join the Dark Brotherhood. Between me and my character, we can't rationalize killing people for money, but at the same time there's very strong "live and let live" policy so... I can't exactly infringe on their method of income.

But... But... I really want to kill Grelod.

kill grelod before you even talk to the boy lol thats what i always do...get to white run sell the gear from the cave and talk wagon to riften ans slice/ shoot/ magic her rump!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
kill grelod before you even talk to the boy lol thats what i always do...get to white run sell the gear from the cave and talk wagon to riften ans slice/ shoot/ magic her rump!
Why do you kill her first? I infer that you want to make the Brotherhood Questline moot, but, why? Had you ever met her? Did someone tell you she had money? Were you once one of her charges and had a grudge? Just wondering how, in terms of RPG you justify hunting down someone you have never heard of or know nothing about and killing them. Not a criticism, just wondering about the RPG justifications. Your tactic certainly would make the line moot.

Nighthiker77

Just listen to her talk to those poor kids. I always kill her first, the first time I end up in Riften. Then I go to the temple of mara to spread the love lol

Daelon DuLac

Just listen to her talk to those poor kids. I always kill her first, the first time I end up in Riften. Then I go to the temple of mara to spread the love lol
Again, RPG question. If you have just arrived in Skyrim and have just been through Helgen, how are you even going to know who she is? Perhaps there's a backstory? I've been to Riften too and never knew anything about her before I met Valentis (???). It's not like I hang out at orphanages or something... now that I think about it, that would be really, really creepy...

Daelon DuLac

from previous play throughs i have learned that grelod is not a nice person...perhaps even abusive, but the first time i played through i chose to join the dark brother hood b/c my character tends to be an assasin
So there is no RPG in this. It just the use of prior knowledge. Sorry, I'm trying to RPG all my characters and having no preconceptions based on the experience of other characters. Just wanted to know if there was some backstory on it. Sure, she's a creep, but my characters wouldn't know that unless they were either from Riften, had friends from Riften that knew about the orphanage and had 1st hand knowledge or if I myself had had the experience. :)

Thanks! Just wondering.

Nighthiker77

Just walk in exploring, get offended, and punch her right on the button. You'll get a $40 bounty. Nobody even cares that you kill her. You can even tell yourself you didn't mean to kill her if it makes you feel better. Most of the brotherhood had bad childhoods so it isn't a stretch at all to kill her first if you want to join

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
or if you go to a tavern in anytown and ask aboput rumors, they'll mention the boy and something about the dark brotherhood, so yeah there is an rpg element to it...go to a tavern to rest and listen to a bard and you talk to the bar keep and they will tell you about so you decide to investigate the boy and this wierd "dark brotherhood" and before you know it you are given an option to kill grelod, or not to kill her...at some point though the dark brotherhood will place a bounty on your head...I have come acroos several dark brotherhood members that carry a note with my name on it, so you can either be killed or join them....i prefer to join them but that is just me

Daelon DuLac

Just walk in exploring, get offended, and punch her right on the button. You'll get a $40 bounty. Nobody even cares that you kill her. You can even tell yourself you didn't mean to kill her if it makes you feel better. Most of the brotherhood had bad childhoods so it isn't a stretch at all to kill her first if you want to join
That's great! And my character would so do that too! Especially if it was late at night and there were no lights on.

Daelon DuLac

or if you go to a tavern in anytown and ask aboput rumors, they'll mention the boy and something about the dark brotherhood, so yeah there is an rpg element to it...go to a tavern to rest and listen to a bard and you talk to the bar keep and they will tell you about so you decide to investigate the boy and this wierd "dark brotherhood" and before you know it you are given an option to kill grelod, or not to kill her...at some point though the dark brotherhood will place a bounty on your head...I have come acroos several dark brotherhood members that carry a note with my name on it, so you can either be killed or join them....i prefer to join them but that is just me
You've only run across "several" dark brotherhood assassins with the note? I have a collection of over 70 at this point. I'm surprised the brotherhood has any assassins left, the way I've been killing them for the last 30 levels! :) I keep wondering if they have to do that stupid chant every time they send out an assassin (as it says in the note), or if they have it on a loop so that they can just replay it and insert the new assassin.

Karen

boop.
Or you could just step into the orphanage. Personally, I like to check out every building I can get into when I'm in a new place, and the game makes it pretty easy to just walk in and hear Grelod yelling at the kids. I'm sure most people would find her despicable even if they had no knowledge of Aventus' request.

Daelon DuLac

Or you could just step into the orphanage. Personally, I like to check out every building I can get into when I'm in a new place, and the game makes it pretty easy to just walk in and hear Grelod yelling at the kids. I'm sure most people would find her despicable even if they had no knowledge of Aventus' request.
No doubt. I guess I run around out in the country too much to check every building in a city. It took me almost 30 game days to even enter the Drunken Huntsman and it was right across the street from my house!

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
Am I the only one that destroyed the dark brotherhood?
I initially started the dark brotherhood quest after people recommended doing so because it's "funner" or you "make more money" but after dropping a gargoyle on some bride's head I finally told myself.. Nah, this isn't me. I know it's just a game, but it's an RPG, and willfully playing a character that is totally the opposite of my character was ruining my immersion. So I loaded an older save and chopped that astrid biatch to pieces and stole her stuff including the key, let the captives go and happily skipped out the door, I don't care how much more money I would make with the dark brotherhood, it isn't worth playing a piece of pl*** that kills innocent people for dumb unjustified reasons for a little coin, that isn't what my rebel nord stands for. Besides.. I have a lot more fun playing the peter pan role stealing from the rich snobs anyway.

No you are not ! Anytime I have started to play this game, I’ve killed them all. Being an assassin is not my style and the only reason I’ve done the Thieve Guild is because of the Nittingale Armor and weapons, otherwise, I would skip it as well. Just my 2 cents ... ;)

ShadowHunter

No you are not ! Anytime I have started to play this game, I’ve killed them all. Being an assassin is not my style and the only reason I’ve done the Thieve Guild is because of the Nittingale Armor and weapons, otherwise, I would skip it as well. Just my 2 cents ... ;)
You are missing out on Shadowmere, the most badass horse in the game, 20,000 Septims, and Cicero as a follower, who is extremely hilarious

Some parts he annoyed me some parts I was like wtf lol, I might find him funny though if I was stoned. I tried to stay away from him though, "OOOOOOO HEHEHEHE YOU ARE THE LISTENER YOU ARE THE LISTENER BDWWOOOOEEEEHEHE!!!" his voice is so exaggerated it can urk you after a little while.

Daelon DuLac

Some parts he annoyed me some parts I was like wtf lol, I might find him funny though if I was stoned. I tried to stay away from him though, "OOOOOOO HEHEHEHE YOU ARE THE LISTENER YOU ARE THE LISTENER BDWWOOOOEEEEHEHE!!!" his voice is so exaggerated it can urk you after a little while.
I almost tried to kill him when I helped him outside of Whiterun with the farmer, but figured he was so nuts, what difference did it make. Boy do I know better now!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts