• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

John Floras

well i think maby u need to drink more cuz just cuz he thinks im a troll doesnt mean its true thats prejudice, i couldnt be more serious, but im not going to fight, i dont think its coincidence i make that post then 1 of only people to not like dark brotherhood replies and he happens to be a believer! supports my point! dark brother hood is just a cult of atheists that are unknowingly controlled by satan, in skyrim and in earth! mock me if u want, call me a troll, say what u think is wrong about me or what i believe but we will see who rests in sovngarde when the time comes :D

gangraad

dragonguard
sorry for my prejudice.

As for the Brotherhood being atheist, I do not agree. They do revere Sithis and Mephala (one could easely argue, that the nightmother is, in fact, Mephala)

there moral standards just doesn't add up with mine or my character, I know it's a game, and I have completed the Brotherhood questline, not on this playthrough though.

Normally, I only kill when attacked. That doesn't seem to be a problem in game though.

Chadonraz

Atheism != lack or morals. I always (except when I want/need the achievements) destroy the Dark Brotherhood, precisely because I cannot accept killing innocent people just because there's a "contract" on them.
The only kill I don't mind in the questline is the bandit leader in "Mourning Never Comes".

After the wedding quest "Bound Until Death" Solitude guards have a certain line of dialogue ("The Emperor's cousin, killed. Right here in Solitude. I feel nothing but shame...") that always makes me feel guilty when I hear it.
Not to mention the Emperor's reaction when you finally reach him. Needless to say, I always (well, only done the DB thrice) kill Motierre. I also never spend a single septim towards the Dawnstar Sanctuary, or do any non-compulsory contracts.
I always take pleasure in killing Astrid, whether it be at the end of the questline or in the Abandoned Shack.

All in all, the rewards simply are nowhere near worth it, although Shadowmere is great.

I guess I'm just too good a person to be an assassin, even if it's only a game. :)

John Floras

ok you are good atheist then, forgive me for my prejudices, you have given satan the middle finger, we will ride through the midst of oblivion together taking down anything in our path, slaying dark brothers, daedras and elfs 1 by 1 until there is finally peace

gangraad

dragonguard
I never said I was an atheist mate, agnostic would be a better description.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
jBut I hate Imperials!

Why does everyone say they hate Imperials. Of all the races in the Empire, they say they hate Imperials. :sadface: Oddly enough in the Third Empire there has been more non-Imperial Emperors. What is so bad about Imperials?

With the Dark Brotherhood, it depends on what character I'm playing with if I join them, destroy them or leave them alone.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Anyways...

I have to avoid the Dark Brotherhood Quests entirely because I neither want to destroy nor join the Dark Brotherhood. Between me and my character, we can't rationalize killing people for money, but at the same time there's very strong "live and let live" policy so... I can't exactly infringe on their method of income.

But... But... I really want to kill Grelod.
Don't worry about it! I've already taken care of it... Oh wait... somethings just not right with that statement...

Daelon DuLac

Why does everyone say they hate Imperials. Of all the races in the Empire, they say they hate Imperials. :sadface: Oddly enough in the Third Empire there has been more non-Imperial Emperors. What is so bad about Imperials?

With the Dark Brotherhood, it depends on what character I'm playing with if I join them, destroy them or leave them alone.
In my case it's a bit of self loathing. See one of my other posts about Daelon's background. Racially Imperial, he finds them whiny, self indulgent and utlimately untrustworthy. It's not to say that the Nords or any race is any better, but Daelon is terribly self loathing when it comes to his race.

I think on my next run through I'll play a self loathing Nord! That should be fun, especially if he joins the Storm Cloaks! :)

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Not the stormcloaks!!! lol I suppose. IDK I guess since I love morally gray character's something so lawful good grates on me. Though I think I may make a character whos background has a reason to hate the DB enough I can experience destroying it. Though the sad thing is I don't get the Jester Clothes. or slay Cicero. Honestly I think out of all the members that needed to be stopped Cicero and Babette are the top targets. And they are the only ones that seem to go free and survive the destruction of the DB.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
In my case it's a bit of self loathing. See one of my other posts about Daelon's background. Racially Imperial, he finds them whiny, self indulgent and utlimately untrustworthy. It's not to say that the Nords or any race is any better, but Daelon is terribly self loathing when it comes to his race.

I think on my next run through I'll play a self loathing Nord! That should be fun, especially if he joins the Storm Cloaks! :)

How are they whiny, they conquered Tamriel? If anything every other race is always complaining and bitching at Imperial authority.

Daelon DuLac

How are they whiny, they conquered Tamriel? If anything every other race is always complaining and bitching at Imperial authority.
Now, now, I didn't say they were whiny, I was just giving the opinion of my character. Personally I don't have a problem with the Imperials at all. One of my new builds will actually be on the imperials side. I just have a bad habit of posting AS my character when I'm being a smart a**.

As I said, given the character's background, his loathing of Imperials is understanding. As he was manipulated and suffered (even as an imperial himself) at the hands of his parents and the ruling class he belonged to and found the Imperials he grew up with (and was later victimized by) weak willed, lacking in morals and to be self-centered and indulged, his attitude may be understandable, as demented as it may be! :)

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Now, now, I didn't say they were whiny, I was just giving the opinion of my character. Personally I don't have a problem with the Imperials at all. One of my new builds will actually be on the imperials side. I just have a bad habit of posting AS my character when I'm being a smart a**.

As I said, given the character's background, his loathing of Imperials is understanding. As he was manipulated and suffered (even as an imperial himself) at the hands of his parents and the ruling class he belonged to and found the Imperials he grew up with (and was later victimized by) weak willed, lacking in morals and to be self-centered and indulged, his attitude may be understandable, as demented as it may be! :)

There is no Imperial side is the point, being Imperial isn't a faction. Every race has their bad people, there isn't really a Nords side or Breton side etc.

Daelon DuLac

There is no Imperial side is the point, being Imperial isn't a faction. Every race has their bad people, there isn't really a Nords side or Breton side etc.
Very true. I only meant joining the imperials as opposed to the storm cloaks. This character I'm playing joined the stormcloaks even though racially he is an imperial, because of his self loathing. He is even willing to put up with the racism directed toward him just so that he can stick it to his countrymen.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Very true. I only meant joining the imperials as opposed to the storm cloaks. This character I'm playing joined the stormcloaks even though racially he is an imperial, because of his self loathing. He is even willing to put up with the racism directed toward him just so that he can stick it to his countrymen.

Oh the Legion isn't exactly 'Imperials' since it's all races. Though an Imperial joining the Stormcloaks isn't that uncommon as you might think, there is a Imperial farmer on his way to Windhelm to join the Stormcloaks. Your race doesn't mean your allegiance.

Though back onto the issue at hand.

Was there actually even a reward for destroying the Dark Brotherhood, I know you do it on behalf of the Penitus Oculatus. It's a shame you can't join them, I love their armor. I go get it at like level two if I'm doing a Legion character. From that lone agent in the outpost, beautiful looking armor. Anyway, are you rewarded besides what you loot from all the dead assassins, I can't remember been forever since I destroyed them.

gangraad

dragonguard
3000 gold septims, a mention to the emperor and the spoils of war.

Daelon DuLac

3000 gold septims, a mention to the emperor and the spoils of war.
Doesn't sound like that great a deal. That's to destroy, how's it pay to keep them? I mean, other than the opportunity to kill that dern Emperor...

gangraad

dragonguard
Doesn't sound like that great a deal. That's to destroy, how's it pay to keep them? I mean, other than the opportunity to kill that dern Emperor...

well, to me - like I said - it's not about septims, but what I find morally right. What do I need the gold for anyways?

Nighthiker77

If you join and complete the questline, you get shadowmere, windshear, Blade of Woe, ancient shrouded set, which are all some of the coolest stuff in the game. And $20k if you don't spend it to fix up the dawnstar sanctuary

gangraad

dragonguard
the blade of woe and armors can be taken from astrid's dead body aswell.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts