OOC Deliverance from his Vigilance

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Awesome! Can't wait.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    OKay, how do ya'll prefer to find out? Should I PM you my reasoning if you are denied? Put it all here? ETC.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Would probably be best to have the reasons pm'd.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Okay, so both myself and Hlif are having some internet trouble. I am going to postpone my final decision until tomorrow when I can get a better connection. I promised tonight, and I wish I could but it wouldn't be fair if ya'll didn't get the same opportunities. So, as soon as she officially posts hers a bit later, I will make my decision as soon as I can.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    ALRIGHTY!!! Hlif is still having a rough time with internet capabilities, but luckily, before she gave up, she emailed me her final CC. We spent as much time as we could together discussing the changes that should be made to the original, and it is pretty much complete. However, she said that she may add more detail into a bit later, if she is chosen. I am going to post it for her here, so that all of you have a chance to see it and give some input on her.

I am also making a final deadline tonight: At 9:00 p.m Mountain time [10:00 p.m Central Time], I will make my final decision. I am telling you this, so that if you have yet to respond to my questions or something, or if you have any changes or questions for me, you can ask before my decision is finally made. I will PM those who are not chosen, and list the reasons why I decided who I did, rather than who I didn't. I will then post the 2 that I have chosen here, and explain why I ended up choosing the 2 of them.

So please, If you have any questions, concerns or anything like that, please get it all out of the way now, because I will not postpone my deadline again. Thanks Guys!

HLIF'S CC:
    Naide Sil Ka’im
    Fantasy-Art-Ilker-Serdar-Yildiz-Steppe-Warrior.jpg
    Basic Information
    Name: (Sera) Naide Sil Ka’im
    Alias: As Biridar
    Apparent Age: Early 20’s
    Origin: Altmer
    Class: Templar
    Laterality: Ambidextrous
    Sexuality: Straight
    Marital Status: Single
    Family: Existing but not discussed
    Affiliations: N/A
    Afflictions: Supernatural Visions
    ~Visions and Motivation: The visions vary in strength, length, and clarity as well as in their place in time. Most often viewing the future, the events prophesize what is to come. A small portion of her visions however take place in the present, as she is seeing them. The visions depict various supernatural evils from all around Tamriel. The more she acted on her gifts, the farther her range would become. During the visions Naide would also often feel the emotions and at times the physical pain of the victims, adding to their reality. Along with the visions Naide feels a pull to their place of origin that aids her in her search.
    When first succumbing to the visions the young Naide could not fully understand their meaning, assuming them to be only nightmares. It began to come to light that they were however prophesies or warnings. This knowledge however difficult to grasp gave the young Altmer a goal. Seeing the atrocities occurring made her realize the dangers in the world. Seeing Children and Elders alike being massacred, feeling their emotions as they died fueled her with a desire to avenge and to prevent these deaths. Once able she was determined to take up arms against dangers that only she thought she knew were coming.
    Religion: Nine Divines
    Personality
    Description: As it appears to those around her Naide is very reserved, solemn and without emotional depth. This however is not her true personality. Fiercely dedicated and loyal, she will become extremely protective of those around her as well as those that cannot defend themselves. She had a great capacity for empathy and caring that hide under the surface of her mask. Although to most her humor is not apparent she loves to laugh, although only when she feels comfortable letting her guard down. Once she grows to trust someone or this individual proves themselves to be trustworthy she reveals emotions that never surface along with warmth lacking from her usual demeanor.
    Outlook: Though in truth hopeful Naide appears to be rather indifferent. Seeming to those that do not know her to do what she does only because it is expect. In reality the Mer has a powerful desire to do that is right and hopes wholeheartedly to eradicate as much evil as she can in her life time.
    Honor Level: High
    Positive Traits: Loyal, Dedicated, Altruistic, Empathetic
    Negative Traits: Leery, Distant, Cold,
    Likes: Music, Most Animals, the Cold, Rain, Snow, the Sun, Water, Guar, Nature, Stories of the Snow Elves
    Dislikes: Arrogance, Vanity, Selfishness, Chaurus’, Corruption
    Fears: Failing to protect those she cares for as well as those who cannot defend themselves, disappointing those she holds in high esteem, being betrayed/rejected when letting her guard down
    Hobbies: Riding, Playing the Lute, (Past Hobby) Dancing
    Appearance
    640x409_21278_White_Fairy_2d_fantasy_white_fairy_picture_image_digital_art.jpg
    (MINUS THE WINGS OF COURSE :D)
    Description: Dainty hands sit poised joined to fine limbs that lead up to small shoulders. An elegant, long neck is neatly wrapped at its base in fine silks, hiding prominent collar bones and protecting delicate skin from the armors metallic bite. Features and face are both uncharacteristically soft and smooth for a child of Altmer blood yet still holding with some of the high elf characteristics in its sophistication. Faintly pink, pouty lips are often without expression as is the case with her large pink eyes. Though intelligence could clearly be found behind the pink veil her gaze would often fall listlessly on her surroundings seeming to convey a lack of interest or energy. Long loosely curling hair would just reach the lower half of her smooth, curved back if it had not been made to sit much closer to her head. Fashioned with pins to fall just passed her jawline the glossy mass of curls is adorned by small jewel encrusted flowers and a small number of decorative hanging hair pins, once again all in white.
    Slight in chest yet wide in hip the refined Mer held a high waist and a petite, trim build. Though thin she was not unhealthy and although she could not match the strength of a nord her size she is not weak. High born in both blood and house, Naide emanates nobility in her every moment. Due to an impressive ability to control or conceal her emotions when she wished she appears cold and reserved to most. Though in truth very reserved, in the battle her true colors show, her whole body coming alive with fire.
    Overwhelmingly the first thing that one would gather from looking over the woman however was none of the previously mentioned traits. Most prominent was her unmistakable albinism. White of skin and of hair she was certainly an oddity.
    Height: 5’7”
    Weight: 120 lbs.
    Build: Trim and Sleek
    Skin Tone: Pure White
    Hair: Pure White, Curly and Long, Usually Worn Up
    Face: Soft and Smooth with Altmer Sophistication
    Eyes: Pale Pink (Irises of pale pink with pupils of a slightly darker shade of the same color)​
    Scars: Few misc. scars, none visible regularly
    Tattoos: Unless the right amount of light hits her it appears that Naide is devoid of any tattoos or markings however this is not the case. Going down her neck starting at her hairline are white markings in Henna like patterns. Rarely visible it is reasonable to go for extended period of time without noticing their presence.
    Unique Features: Albinism
    Gear
    female_knight_and_griffin_by_dashinvaine-d5t0kj1.jpg
    Head: Does not often wear a helm but will use strong wards to protect her head while she fights.
    Chest: Wears a breast plate, silver in color. With a high neck and one small shoulder guard the finely crafted armor is shapely compared too much of Skyrim’s bulkier gear. Decorated with intricate yet small flowers and vines, all in silver the armor is as beautiful as it is protective. (If confused, the fit is similar to the Medusa’s armor mod)
    Arms: The same metal that can be found on her chest plate is one of the same with that, which protects her arms. Though ending at her wrist her hands are also protected. In plain metal the hand guards are elaborate, allowing for hands and fingers to move without restriction when worn.
    Waist: A belt with a sheathe that can hold her sword and dagger, as well as some little pockets for other items.
    Legs: Emerging from beneath her belt, wrapped around her waste, she wears a long length of cloth dyed a brilliant red that trails off down each leg allowing for mobility. Underneath are a pair of black leggings that fit like a second skin and allow for completely mobility as well as comfort. The material for which was used is unclear.
    Feet: Supple black boots which reach to her thigh.
    Weapons: Using the Aedric spear abilities Naide is capable of summoning a spear of light which she often uses in combination with a variety of spells. With a small shield attaching to her for arm Naide is free to grip with both hands if necessary. In cases where she needs to conserve Magicka as well as for quick jobs she carries both an ivory dagger and a sword. The daggers blade cut and angled to slice or stab into the flesh and rip skin as they exit, its pommel is carved in the image of a blooming rose. The sword is also light in color though obviously forge of some type of metal. Light yet deadly it is decorated by tiny, fine vines and flowers, with supple black leather wrapping its grip and two red ribbons dangling from around its pommel.
    Magicka: Her Aedric Spear abilities [LINK], and Sun Magicka abilities called Dawn’s Wrath [LINK]. (Specific Skills will be added from each)
    Other Important Misc Spells: Healing ritual (Lingering Ritual) Cleansing Ritual (Purifying Ritual)
    Other Info: Along with other magical abilities Naide often uses runes. Most often in the form of traps or wards they work in many different ways. When placed as a ward in her most frequented form the runes are drawn on the body and initially drain a certain amount of magicka or energy. Later when used in battle these runes will deflect blows (the number dependent on the strength of the spell and of the blows) as if there is an invisible barrier. At times this will create a kick back, pushing against both participants.
    Bio
    Before her birth Niade’s blood awaited her arrival with great eagerness. Bred in wealth and status she was to be the first born of the families newest generation. In the eyes of her house she was to be a celebrated child though celebration was the farthest thing from what she received. Upon her arrival she was met with shock and disappointment, her white skin and pink eyes marking her as an unbearable, shameful creature in the eyes of her kin. Seen to her parents as might have been a malformed cripple, vanity overrules any sort of familial bond. Though a perfectly beautiful and healthy infant the family wasted no time in displacing her while still keeping within what was deemed acceptable and normal of affluent families.
    Sent off as a babe in the arms of a wet nurse the child was to become the ward of a Dunmer family as far away as was perceivable in the land of Morrowind. Due to the affluence of her blood the child, Naide was to want for nothing gold could purchase and so nothing material did she lack. Free to follow any inclination she pleased tutors of a large variety of fields streamed continuously in and out of the grounds. A burning desire to excel filled the youth with a driven dedication augmented with an underlying yearning for approval. Well learned, the child took interest in any subject, absolving those centered on numbers that was presented. The art of music, dance, as well as that of grace were impressed onto her. Also interested in practical and fierce skills at an early age she began tutelage in the basics of combat and magicka, narrowing her field as she grew in later years. Her lessons were endless and her thirst unquenchable.
    Though her new family may have originally accepted the Altmer for the social and perhaps financial gains that were presented the Mer soon came to love their venerable ward. It was tender lady of the house in particular that became as blood to her, the two forming an undisputable bond. Made aware of her origins Naide nonetheless regarded the Dunmer to be her kin.
    There was however one problem that seemed to plague the family when it came to the girl. Naide appeared to be trouble by a mysterious illness unbeknown to them it was not sickness but visions of the supernatural that afflicted her. The effects would vary drastically with each vision, seemingly without cause or pattern, though some aspects were reoccurring without exception. The visions induced a sleep like state giving her eyes not only the appearance of being sightless but making her practically unresponsive, unaware to her surroundings. At best the apparitions would take hold gently causing Naide to exhibit no more than the trance from which she could be more easily shaken. During some of her worst fits however Naide would be thrown into turmoil, thrashing, screaming, and unresponsive as though possessed by a horrific night terror. After such episodes physical injuries were common.
    To the continuous disappointment and distress of her new family no cure or cause was discovered and as the years passed the child became more and more somber, maturing increasingly beyond her age. Though always preferring the company of books and animals to other children she began to isolate herself even further. Beginning in mid-childhood the illness had created a hardened, solemn, unsmiling character by the time Naide had reached her teens. To most her china doll appearance coupled with her listless behavior was unnerving and strange for a child. Appearing startlingly grave, it was around only her Lady mother that she would unfurl.
    From her adolescent years onward Naide focused heavily on the art of magic and melee combat. Excelling in both fields, she seemed to come alive only when preforming in this way. With a firm goal in mind she worked continuously to hone her skills, gearing them towards her final goal of the Templar class. To her this was her way of bearing the visions and their reality. The harder she worked the closer she would be to acting on her need to end the terror they revealed.
    It was with these skills and a new name that the pale Altmer left her childhood home. (Refusing to carry that of her birth house she took on the Dunmeri name of Sil Ka’im) Guided by her visions and the innate pull that she felt to their sources Naide successfully vanquished many a foe in her homeland. Her increasing success and seemingly selfless deeds were soon recognized as well as the name the name that accompanied them. Through her work in various regions of Tamriel (though focusing mainly in Morrowind), she became known as “as Biridar” to a portion of the Dunmer community. A name which she found much to her liking.
    Now reputable in certain circles she finds she is progressively met with less suspicion, many even favoring relief. Recently however the majority of her “sight” or visions are unclear and confusing, focusing in on the region of Skyrim. Following the pull of her visions she finds herself compelled to ally with a division of the Vigils of Stendarr, with hopes of revealing more on the subject of these particularly cloudy visions.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Yes, Yes. I know. I was expecting my newly refurbished laptop to be ready to rock by 7. However, it took until 8:30.

I have made my decision. I am letting those who are not accepted in on the news, and I will make my decision clear here in a momment.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Alright, I have officially broken the news to those who were not Accepted, and why. So I will now explain how those who have been accepted, were accepted.

My decision was impossible to make based on just the CC's and just how each CC could potentially mesh with the others on both a Battle Synergy and Personal level, based on just my own P.O.V.

So it ultimately came down to what all of you guys had to say about each other, and who you would rather partner with. While allot of points were made that I had thought of, even more came out that I never realized. This along with the multiple answer's some of ya'll gave me ultimately helped my decision to be made.

If it was only my decision, and my opinions, the results would be different, however, thanks to your arguments, I had to take into account what all of you said about each other.

2 out of the 3 of you who answered my questions, brought up a lot of points about how Cap's CC was really good, and the good experience(s) you have had with him. I agreed with allot of these statements. His CC was well rounded, and I feel like it required the least amount of tweaking. So when it came down to it, it felt like allot of you would've liked to work with him the most. So this allowed me to choose Cap as the 1st accepted applicant.

My next decision was based on a couple of things: Both lack of response from one of you, along with character preference from the rest of you. While one of you was pretty indifferent, a single point was brought up that I hadn't thought of originally. The way a character would mesh well with there own. Without this single opinion, I wouldn't have been able to decide, and would've had to pull a name or something. This point connected Hlif's CC well along with all of the characters, as well as her attitude being very positive in previous experiences.

This decision was so close, that I found it very hard to explain without making it more confusing, and removing anonymity. So, congrats Hlif and Cap, you have been accepted into the RP! I look forward to writing with you!

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Thank you. Honored to have been accepted.

It'll be awesome to work with the three of you again.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Wow. Weird forum Updates? This is new. Anyways, I am a bit busy this weekend, so starting the IC isn't an option yet, but I'm thinking around Monday or Tuesday.

But I would like to discuss with all of you the possibilities that we could be facing on the journey. I have had a pre determined story arch in mind for this, but it's a matter of detailing it out with our characters in order to make it better.

I was thinking that we all meet up, and Ash only explains so much as to what they will be doing together. But their 1st intention is to investigate missing children all over the northern provinces. As time progresses, they will be thrown into something a lot more terrifying. I was thinking their main enemy, would not only use our character's biggest fears against them, but also their biggest regrets.

But we are facing enemies never seen before, so please toss some ideas around. Not sure if this makes any sense, but I'm here to answer questions and all of that, so go ahead.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    *Tries to wait patiently*

*Is failing miserably*

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    To start preparing posts (and maybe make some of us less antsy while waiting/about starting) maybe we should be asking some questions about the first post.

Where are they meeting?
    How were they accepted/contacted?
    What season is it? (Because I'm a weirdo and want to know)
    What information do they have before hand?

Ect. But those are the only questions I have RIGHT at this moment. With answers maybe we can start on our first posts. So we'll be ready when you are Bur.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    OK. So before I answer your questions, I need to go ahead and state some Ideas I had. I wanted to do this with you guys, as you are the biggest part of this story, and your opinions and ideas are very important.

1. I wanted to place this RP in a Hyper-realistic world. A world where there are more problems in life than just Dragons, Daedra, and badguys every so often. I want this Skyrim to actually be in the turmoil that is described in the story, but never really shown. So, for example, the civil war would have more of an affect on every aspect in life, rather than just having people be opinionated. I want Stormcloaks to attack and pillage Imperial Cities, and vise-versa. I want advanced Crime rings, and more a more developed social hierarchy. Thalmor should be not only a scourge to any Talos Worshiper, but a bringer of death. Maybe they come into Talos Worshiping cities and kill people as an example of their power. This would not only bring more of a realistic feeling to the story, but more flavor to the Horror that I hope to through in.

2. If we are going to be using this Hyper realistic world, rather than the regular setting, I think that our groups goal should not only be taboo, but utterly disbelieved. Let's say that religion is not only just evident, but a HUGE influence on people like it was and is in our world. Maybe this makes even the idea of Daedra existing seem impossible to others. Sure there are historical events proving their existence, but maybe people think that it was just propaganda and over exaggeration. So this is just blatant ignorance of the Urgents, and even the Vigilants.

3. Kind of ties in to the other two. I want Magicka to be highly opposed in Skyrim. Like the lore says, Nords and most northern peoples dislike those who use magicka, and the magicka itself. I'm not saying it wouldn't exist, but in Skyrim, it isn't exactly welcome. So, using magicka in cities would not only be rather rude or surprising, but scary for the average Nord Citizen. Of course, this does tie into the who Ignorance thing again, but I thought I would need to bring it up. Because number 4 is my last idea, and this plays a big part in that.

4. With this Hyper-realistic world, Ignorance to true evil, and ignorance of magicka in our story, I would say that the Urgents, Vigilants, and any other magicka prone group would be utterly disliked and distrusted. This could also mean that other groups that fight or kill shape-shifters, such as the Silver Hand or the Dawnguard would not only be completely rare, but they would almost cease to exist. This also limits the sightings of Vampires and Werewolves. This Hyper-realistic world would make it all the more risky to show their true colors.

OK. So hopefullly this will spark some more discussion from you three. :D Now to answer Hlif's questions:

- In a very small, and isolated town. That is only if we go along with my ideas above, however. Falkreath, Ivarstead, even Rorikstead or Dragon's Bridge, would make for a perfect meeting spot. Not only are they smaller in populous, but it would be much easier for Ash and Lupos to slip in without being questioned. However, if we do not go with the ideas above, I was thinking a central location that worked for everybody's stories. Whiterun, Riften etc.

- Well, they could've herd about it in many ways. If we were going with my ideas, Ash and Lupos would come looking for people from city to city, putting word out that they are looking for "those with a courage to fight evil". Odds are the ignorance of people would make them sound crazy, and the rumors alone would find your character's ears. They would likely then settle in one of the cities above. As for acceptance, Let's just assume that you 3 are the only ones willing to answer their call. (IGNORANCE AGAIN)

- Spring. Doesn't matter to me really, so I picked my favorite. :D (However, mountains such as High Hrothgar and those like that could still be snow capped. Small Glaciers would still exist in the north etc.)

- As for Information, Ash would simply be the one to say, If you are willing to help us with this first task, we know you can see this through. And then she would make ya'll do something crazy to test you or something like that.

HOPE THIS HELPED. Excuse my random business. I don't really know what was happening yesterday, but I lost whatever sanity I had early on, and then just powered through. Now that I am less busy, I am here to discuss too!! :D

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    That all sounds wonderful to me. I'm sure it will add to the overall challenge for the group. It will also be interesting to see how our magicka users get along without this. It deffinately makes the nords look like poor ignorant twits in some ways but hey, cultural differences I guess? I'm down for the lot of it.

1/3 votes for yes :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts