• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
So... here is a list of every way I found (or you found if you are feeling proud of it) to defeat that big guy with the monstruous size and tough looking armor that showed up in Whiterun (or whatever main hold). I even felt the desire of attacking him at the city, but I was kind of ashamed if I lost the guards would mock me afterwards -.-"

The environment gives you very little to do, but you can take advantage of a lot of it still. Unlike dungeons, if you have a crappy tv like I do sometimes, the chances to lose your enemy's sight are low, and you can use Storm Call, as well as riding a horse or calling a dragon. There is also a cliff nearby, which can be exploited to deal some damage with the Unrelenting Force shout. Fast travelling while riding a dragon works as well (make note that by now you can have the awesome Legendary Dragon instead of Odahviing) and I once received a letter from a friend in this location! Also, to the necromancers, there is a frost troll who will be killed by him that can be raised temporarily.

Let's not annoy anymore and give my ways of killing the giant Redguard, all of these were tried with Adept difficulty, with an argonian lycan, whose only resistance was disease, which isn't very useful in combat, just to prove that this wasn't with any natural resistance to any element.

Beast Form - This was an amazingly easy way of defeating that guy. Transforming doesn't give any bounty and he won't even go hostile until you attack him first. With power attacks you can fling him in the air repeatedly and attack him while he is on the ground. His deflect blows perk is the only problem here, but then again, remember to feed off the troll (if you can) when your life goes low. Howling makes him go hostile, remember that.

Mehrunes' Razor - Easily, that knife is one of the most useful artifacts you can get. With a healing spell in the right hand and the Razor in your left one (because left handed power attacks do one extra hit, you can hit him until he says "At last... Sovngarde..." and heal whenever you need. A shield and potions can make a fair replacement to the healing spell.

Army - A wonderful and safe way of having your challenger dead is by putting all the muscle you can get in front of you before he attacks, then using your best skill against him. Two Atronachs (ranged preferrably), an essential follower (Talvas is quite good for this, since he can conjure too), Karstaag, a riekling warrior with enchanted armor or the steadfast dwarven sphere, your choice, what matters is that they are ranged pets, will do a great help in the battle if you don't leave the fighting just for them. Then you can conjure a werebear in the Beast Stone and the Spectral Assassin, as well as the Call of Valor or Summoning Odahviing. If you have the Twin Souls perk, you can only conjure one Storm/Frost/Flame Thrall and then Durnehviir, who in turn will conjure bonemen and mistmen too. Serana is good as a follower that doesn't count, if you linger the Dawnguard questline, and she will even raise the troll for you, although there will be the slight risk of her hitting you with her ice spike. Barbas is an essential temporary pet that can also be exploited to help for as long as you want. If you want, you can revive a conjurer or a powerful bandit and give him a staff of conjuration instead of conjuring an atronach. Almost forgot, if you have the Aethereal Crown, you can use the Ritual Stone power undefinitely just by equipping it repeatedly. Go to a giant camp, kill everything that moves and revive them all, fast travel and fight!

I will keep posting more ways, you have some, tell them. I will love trying them, yeah I am just that kind of loser. Anyway feel free to do that.

Adam Warlock

1. Legendary Difficulty .
Why ? .... Why not ?
EB was added to provide the ultimate challenge so why deprive yourself of the best the game has to offer ?

2. Collect a pile of powerful deceased warriors like Umana , Sulla Trebatius , Bandit Chiefs/Marauders ,Forsworn Ravagers, Vampires etc. by use of Dead Thrall and station the bodies on the path at the bottom of the hill where EB is waiting.
Mage Thralls not so good as their attacks are weak and so is their physical protection. EB will generally absorb more health from them than they can inflict on him.

3. Arm minions with lots of custom or in-game weapons that Absorb (x) attributes like Health , Stamina , and Magicka.
EB`s elemental resistance enchantments will not diminish the effect of these attacks.

4. Essential follower like Mjoll , Derkeethus , Serana , or Frea

5. Steadfast Dwarven Sphere as creature follower due to it`s combination of ranged and melee attacks.

6. Visit the Ritual Stone and obtain it`s power.

Pick one or two of your undead warriors and raise them with Dead Thrall.
Start battle with EB via ranged attack and lure him down the mountain to where your inactive thralls are stashed.
Invoke Ritual Stone.
PARTY TIME !

Writes-Many-Posts

1. Legendary Difficulty .
Why ? .... Why not ?
EB was added to provide the ultimate challenge so why deprive yourself of the best the game has to offer?

If you want a challenge, try reverse pickpocketing a daedric armor, or a dragonbone armor with the same enchantment as his ebony. That way, his armor rating can increase and his resistances will be kept. Also, you may be able to take away his resistances by replacing his armor with a tougher unenchanted one. I have never tried this...

Adam Warlock

If you want a challenge, try reverse pickpocketing a daedric armor, or a dragonbone armor with the same enchantment as his ebony. That way, his armor rating can increase and his resistances will be kept. Also, you may be able to take away his resistances by replacing his armor with a tougher unenchanted one. I have never tried this...
A difficult task given the high weight/value of the armor or weapon you intend to plant on him.
IDK if EB will register a failed pickpocket attempt as a reason to become hostile but presuming that`s the case it`s suggested to make a save before trying it.
While he might use planted weapons or shield , I seriously doubt that he will wear other than his default armor since I`ve never seen an NPC other than a follower who will do this

Writes-Many-Posts

I once did that to my wife, with tavern clothes

Adam Warlock

I once did that to my wife, with tavern clothes
But if u take EB`s armor and plant something else , won`t he be standing there in a loin-cloth and the new gear in his inventory ?
If he will indeed wear the planted armor , wouldn`t he need to go through a loading screen transition to don it ?

Writes-Many-Posts

I think he will keep it until you change location if you don't take his previous armor, but if you do take it, yes, probably he will wear the cloth... At least my wife did after the patch.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts