Dead Men's Respite

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

WTW26

I'm looking for the word of power in Dead Men's Respite, and my way is blocked by a magically sealed door. Apparently, I'm supposed to pick up a book from the body of a dead guy to proceed, but the book isn't there, and the only way out of the dungeon is through the sealed door. What do I do now?

Pestilence

Uneducated guesses since 1983
The book is not actually on the body, but under it's arm to the right. After you obtain it the ghost you've been following will open the door once you make it back up there. The book you are looking for should be a bright blue object right next to the body. You'll know you have it once the ghost leaves that area, and you head back to the sealed door.

StorminMormon

There should be a path to the right of the sealed door which leads to to a battle with several Drougrs. After the battle you will find the ghost and a book on the ground. The ghost will lead you to the sealed door and un-seal it.

WTW26

The book was not on the body or near the body. I was only able to resolve this by using the console command for teleporting to another location to get out of the dungeon, then obtaining the Bards College quest.

A5ko

Dual-Wielding Dragon Destroyer
I found the book clutched in the hand of the skeleton. The ghost of the bard leads you there and once collected, drops the magical protection on the door.

He then leads you to <spoiler> to fight <spoiler>

;D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts