PS3 Dawnguard Unable to Become Vampire Lord

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TheArchangles982

Hello, I could really use some help here. I'm playing Dawnguard now and I'm on the quest Bloodline. I'm at the point were Harkon asks me if I wish to become a Vampire Lord or not. I choose yes and then once he bites me the screen fades out and I'm sent back to my last save forced to do it again. I looked it up and I've found out that there is a bug where you can die from Harkon's bite. Is there anyway I can fix this? I'm level 75 right now and I have an armor rating of 1412 and my health is at 510. I really want to become a Vampire Lord and would rather not choose to follow the line of the Vampire Hunters.

Well if hes slaying you then it sure is that glitch. You can still become a vampire about half the way through the Dawnguard side of the quests. I won't give spoilers if you haven't done it, so just play Dawnguard side if you can't get it working and you can become a vampire lord. If that glitches also, then you are out of luck.

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
You know you could become a vampire lord after you beat the Dawngaurd questline right?

YOu could try not doing the quest for a bit. Go out and do some other misc quests, then try again.

TheArchangles982

^ Seems that all of my autosaves before entering Volkihar Keep are gone and you can't exit as the doors are locked. If I continue to try do you guys think it will eventually work? Its happened at-least 10 times in a-row though...

thats an option. if it dont work, then do as i said, and reject his gift.

TheArchangles982

Sqeagy, my last manual save was very long ago. Long before I even began the Dawnguard questline. Would you guys think it would help if I stacked up on potions that increase my health? Also what would happen if I un-installed then re-install the DLC? Also the thing is I just don't want to follow the Vampire Hunter Questline

Sqeagy, my last manual save was very long ago. Long before I even began the Dawnguard questline. Would you guys think it would help if I stacked up on potions that increase my health? Also what would happen if I un-installed then re-install the DLC? Also the thing is I just don't want to follow the Vampire Hunter Questline

Well, you cant really uninstall DLC. There aren't really any potions in the castle. So boosting your health to super high levels wouldn't work anyway, as the bite is set as an attack that vampire lord uses, but its not meant to do the damage it does when he bites you. So if it still doesn't work, then your only option is to go with the Dawnguard

TheArchangles982

What a shame... That really stinks, guess I'm forced to play the game another way :sadface: Thanks a lot for the help though guys!

robo042

FYI: I ran into exactly the same bug and I found a workaround. Stand behind one of the 3 tables in the room before Lord Harkon addresses you. If you're standing behind one of the tables when you accept the gift, Harkon won't be able to lunge at you so you won't die but you'll still receive his gift anyway.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts