Dawnguard Spell: Undead Healing acquisition

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

XIIGenocide

The Scaled Arcanist
Hey guys, I was just wondering if there was anyway to get this spell without joining up with Harkon and Clan Volkihar? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I need this spell for my Destruction + Restoration boosting technique.

Thanks,

Genocide

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
My thoughts also you see 1 of my Characters is a Lich and seems to have more use for Undead Healing then a vampire Does unfortunately I don't believe their is anyway to attain that spell without joining the Volkihar.

XIIGenocide

The Scaled Arcanist
Aww :/ There has to be another way, maybe with a few potion boosts I would be able to go into Volkihar castle when I am to kill Harkon and i cast the master calm spell, perhaps everyone would act like they normally would. I don't know, there has to be another way.

tx12001

Aww :/ There has to be another way, maybe with a few potion boosts I would be able to go into Volkihar castle when I am to kill Harkon and i cast the master calm spell, perhaps everyone would act like they normally would. I don't know, there has to be another way.[/quote. even if you did that they woulkd still treat you as a mortal and have the same dialogue that applies to mortals who are in the volkihar(Vampires who remove vampirism)

tx12001

Yeah, still there must be a way.
there is not unless you could try pickpocket? but I don't think you would find that in their inventory besides in the vanilla game what use would you have for those spells as someone who is among the living as I said before My character is a Lich who is also undead like the Vampires so I have use for it I don't see what use you would have, The dawnguard have other benefits that the Vampires do not like the Enhanced Crossbows so its not all negative. however if you are on PC a mod can solve that or a simple console command/

XIIGenocide

The Scaled Arcanist
Well, you cast wall of flames at Serana while using Heal Undead of her at the same time, From 50-100 it takes around an hour and a half for them both to be maxed. I suppose i'll just have to cure her after i've finished and use the non-undead equivalent.

AS88

Staff member

Adam Warlock

Somewhere(can`t remember) I read that when you first go to meet Harkon , the vendor who sells the Heal Undead spell is standing on a balcony in Vollkihar Keep.
According to the writer , BEFORE you engage in conversation with Harkon , you can jump up close enough to the vendor to talk to him and acquire the spell. Never tried it myself so please someone who does report here if it actually works

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Somewhere(can`t remember) I read that when you first go to meet Harkon , the vendor who sells the Heal Undead spell is standing on a balcony in Vollkihar Keep.
According to the writer , BEFORE you engage in conversation with Harkon , you can jump up close enough to the vendor to talk to him and acquire the spell. Never tried it myself so please someone who does report here if it actually works

Yeah it works, did it myself awhile back.

Adam Warlock

ah , here it is !

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Ronthil

I suppose the only drawback may be that you would need to be at Adept skill level in Restoration for the spell to be available but I could be wrong about that
Suggesting to use Turn Undead spells(or other method) to raise Restoration skill to 50 before attempting this

XIIGenocide

The Scaled Arcanist
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Necromantic_Healing
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Heal_Undead
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Heal_Other

If you're trying to use it on Serana, then the heal undead spells don't work on her anyway. According to the UESP, you're better off using Heal Other or Healing Hands. Also, Necromantic Healing apparently appears in levelled loot after Level 10 so you could find it on your travels as an alternative to Heal Undead.

Hope this helps.

You can use it on Serana because i've done it before, she is a vampire after all.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts