Spoiler Dawnguard questline; other way to becoming a Vampire Lord

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Which side did you choose?

• Total voters
One thing I'm guessing is that a lot of people are choosing to side wi the Volkihar Vampires over the Dawnguard because they can become a Vampire Lord. While many of you probably already know this, but for those of you that don't, you will be entering the Soul Cairn regardless of which side you choose. In addition, you can't enter the Soul Cairn unless you're one of the undead. So, if you sided with the Dawnguard, then once you open the portal to the Soul Cairn, Serana tells you that she either has to trap some of your soul inside of a soul gem to allow passage into the Soul Cairn, which would slightly weaken you, or she can turn you into a vampire to allow passage, which automatically allows you to become a Vampire Lord. So, regardless of which side you choose, you can still become a Vampire Lord. The only difference is when along the questline you become one. So for those of you who actually wanted to join the Dawnguard but didn't because they wanted to become a Vampire Lord, you can become one and still join the Dawnguard.

However, I do not know if the Dawnguard allow you to keep that ability, since I haven't gotten that far along in the questline. I will post an update once I find out.

Bandicoot

Hey Tony, i've just finished the Dawnguard questline and i won't spoil anytihing for you don't worry. As it turns out (mini spoiler) - that Serana sticks round after the questline is finished and basically still offers te chace to become a vampire. Hope this helps.

DawnGuardMaster

Does this offer the chance to become a Vampire Lord? Or does she just turn you into a average Joe vampire?

Bandicoot

Oh sorry forgot to mention, yeah full vampire lord! Plus i was already a werewolf so that's not an issue either and i think (but im not certain) you can be cured and then turn again and again too!

Okay, I have a few more updates. I foud out that the Dawnguard will not help you if you decide to become a Vampire (same as the way the Blades won''t help you unless you kill Paarthurnax, except there's no dialogue whatsoever). However, you can become a vampire lord again whenever you want to by having Serana transform you back. So you can complete the main questline in Dawnguard, then forget about the Dawnguard altogether and remain a vampire lord.

Also, I could really use some help with summoning the Reaper in the Soul Cairn.

Does this offer the chance to become a Vampire Lord? Or does she just turn you into a average Joe vampire?

Yes, you become a vampire lord and not just a regular vampire. Also, after she tells you that the process of turning someone into a vampire is somewhat intimate, and you have the option to tell Serana that you're glad she's the one doing it (though I don't know and kind of doubt that option exists if your characters female, but it does exists for males).

ShadowGambit

It is very interesting.

That way you can fully enjoy teh whole DLC without having to recreate a new character to do the other side of the DLC.

This thread should be in the Dawnguard section though.

Bandicoot

Okay, I have a few more updates. I foud out that the Dawnguard will not help you if you decide to become a Vampire (same as the way the Blades won''t help you unless you kill Paarthurnax, except there's no dialogue whatsoever). However, you can become a vampire lord again whenever you want to by having Serana transform you back. So you can complete the main questline in Dawnguard, then forget about the Dawnguard altogether and remain a vampire lord.

The Reaper can be summoned by collecting 3 reaper gem fragments dotted around the soul cairn. They are located in chests on top of various buildings that have one of the giant glowing soul gems that suck the life out of you floating above. I can't remember which floating gems they're under though i'm afraid, but they're large, easy to see and there's not that many of them so it won't take long. Once you've got them, you need to go to the Reapers' lair on the very Right (East) side of the map, on the second side of the wall, just to the left of one of the keepr towers.
The problem is whether you find it worth it to even summoon the reaper, he's basically a darker version of a keeper that after you've destroyed, he just explodes and drops nothing but a grand soul gem, a bit of gold, a potion and an iron warhammer. Still a slightly interesting fight though if you can spare the time.

Zexks

Do you also get access to the rest of the castle or just the Soul Cairn room?
And if you get access to the castle too, which is the better hangout the dawnguard castle or vampire castle?

It is very interesting.

That way you can fully enjoy teh whole DLC without having to recreate a new character to do the other side of the DLC.

This thread should be in the Dawnguard section though.

Well, I just realized now that there was a separate Dawnguard section. ^^; I didn't when I posted the thread.

Bandicoot

After finishing the dawnguard questline, you do get access to the soul cairn room as it's actually a seperate part of the castle so you can go back anytime. Also you can come and go from castle volkhier as much as you want too, but it might not be worth living there as it's pretty much deserted after all the vampires have been killed plus every item, bed, cabinet and chest in there are counted as owned property. So you can't sleep there or take anytihing if stealing things bothers you (e.g. the item being displayed in red constantly and only can be sold to certain people etc.)

But the castle is far better furnished (although covered in blood) than fort dawnguard as most of the cobwebs remain in it even when every quest for them is done.

Icevinman

Hey guys I would really appreciate the help if someone could tell me how to fix this. Whenever I entered the soul cairn with my soul partially trapped it gave my character a weird effect. It seems if he's burning with barely visible blue flames and makes a really annoying burning noise continuously. And makes my controller vibrate non-stop. Please help and tell me how to stop it, I've done all I could find out.
XBL-xURxDONExSONx

Can I become a volhikar vampire, cure myself, (with the quest for that) and then still work for the dawnguard!?
I guess i just assumed I could and left it at that because I thought being a flying demon creature would be cool.
Although I hate the stamina thing in the sun.. yay for restoration perks!

Hi Brina!
Yes, once you choose the Dawnguard, you can become a Vampire Lord in order to enter the Soul Cairn, although you don't have to. And once you become a Vampire Lord, you can no longer do any of the Dawnguard's quests. You can cure yourself by doing the quest "Rising At Dawn" in Morthal (the same way as curing regular vampirism). And once the Dawnguard questline is over, you can return to being a Vampire Lord anytime you want by having Serana turn you. You still won't be ableto help the Dawnguard until you cure yourself again, so you can continue to switch between being a Vampire Lord and helping the Dawnguard. However, Serana can be cured, meaning she woouldn't be able to turn you after that.

Tosh Raka

Tiger Dragon of Ka'Po'Tun
hey something to add is that if you wanted to become a werewolf again, you can with dawnguard only once again with help from aela. ;) for those wishing to get achievements for vampire lord and revert for the doggy style hehehe.

Mercurz

this is good news now i can get the perks of the dawnguard and still become a vampire lord

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
I joined Vamps so I got the sneaking and illusion bonus.

Greedy_Bee

Hi just a tad bit confused here. I KNOW that aela only offers werewolf form once after you become a vampire, but does serana offer it infinitely? If i recall i think she does but i just want to make sure. thanks!

Hi just a tad bit confused here. I KNOW that aela only offers werewolf form once after you become a vampire, but does serana offer it infinitely? If i recall i think she does but i just want to make sure. thanks!

Yes, Serana allows you to become a vampire indefinitely regardless of what side you choose. However, if you side with the Dawnguard, you have the option to have Serana become cured of her Vampirism. That's mostly for people that don't care about being a vampire and would like to have Serana cured, but it's completely optional. Once she's cured though, she can't make you a vampire again. But like I said, you don't have to cure her. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts