• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SRS1017

I'm having the same problem but I don't have a save I can reload to. I hope they fix this.
I also have the exact same problem and I don't have any saves far enough back. WHAT SHOULD WE DO?!?! I have to admit Bethesda dropped the ball on this one...

JD_eLite

Ive encountered a stupid frustrating bug I think. In the quest" Unseen Voices" after you do the moth ritual with the elder scroll. that gateway you walked in has locked and Serrana is behind it fighting a Gargoyle and some vamps. Once I managed to kill them shooting the crossbow threw the gate hole, but after that Serrana just stands there and you cant continue. The next step is to talk to her. This crap is unacceptable, they dropped the Ball indeed. Whats the point of having this a month early if you gotta wait on fixes.

seefour

I also have the exact same problem and I don't have any saves far enough back. WHAT SHOULD WE DO?!?! I have to admit Bethesda dropped the ball on this one...
Same thing happened to me and it eventually just fixed itself. Just try waiting it out.

Chris bianculli

i have a bug where everytime i talk to serena before going into the undercroft she tells me to rid of an interloper and i am stuck there. Anyone know how to fix that?

S'Ren

how do i command the moth priest? i figured out hot to make him my thrall a few mins ago...now im stuck again

Tbonez718

Now my wife has been kidnapped 3 times and now it says i have to kill a vampire master who isnt even there because ive killed him 3 times already in the same loaction

zombiewithms

i have a bug where everytime i talk to serena before going into the undercroft she tells me to rid of an interloper and i am stuck there. Anyone know how to fix that?

I am having the same problem, and just cleared out my 75 saves just prior because I had hoped it may speed up the long load times between transitions....how do you fix this?!!!

My problem is that I can't ask Serana to follow me after I release her. I have finished all of the Dawngaurd quests with no problem, but now if I part ways with Serana and go back to get her, it won't give me options - Instead, it gives me basic dialogue such as "Yes?" or "What do you need?" - I found out what causes it though! I found out that if you return to the Soul Cairn and get Velercia (I think that's how you spell it) to come back to Skyrim, immediately after you leave the Soul Cairn you start having that problem. The only solution for now is to keep Serana and not let her go. ALSO - You can't ask her to wait because then, you don't even have the option to tell her to follow you! You only get the trading and parting options.. Christ this is annoying lol

Nemein360

Okay, I'm in a bit of a tight spot here. I'm playing through the Dawnguard side first, and when I get to the point where I have to save the Moth Priest, he attacks me as soon as the magic shield is down. This wasn't a problem at first since I could just attack him and get him down to talk to him, but when I went back to Fort Dawnguard, he was attacking everyone in the main hall. After talking to Isran and getting the priest to read the scroll, the quest just stops. I can't talk to the priest because he's downed and busy, and when I try to heal him, he just keeps attacking. None of my calm spells or Kyne's Peace work on him, and I'm afraid that the quest is broken and I'll have to restart the whole add-on. Help please?
I don't know if this is a true fix, but when this happened to me, I wondered if it had anything to do with my armor (at that time, I either wore Daedric or Vampire Armor). I reloaded, left my followers at home (my followers kept attacking him), put on my Imperial Armor, and defeated the moth priest by myself. Eventually, when he finishes speaking to you, you know you've defeated him correctly if he does not attack you/turn into a red dot. When all else fails just reload before entering the cave and keep trying.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I'm having the problem where the moth priest is attacking the dawnguard as well. It seems like the glitch occurs when you first encounter the moth priest. Your mission tag reads: "talk to the moth priest".

I've been through the questline with both the vampires and dawnguard now, and it seems like it only happens for the dawnguard side. I believe when I went through and decided to join the vampires the moth priest was actually IMPRISONED in the magic barrier. For the dawnguard, he's just walking around near it. Your supposed to have to kill the vampires there before freeing him, and for some reason if you can't do it this way, he'll attack both Serena and the dawnguard agents when you encounter him again later.

I've tried everything to glitch it "back to normal": downing him and all the dawnguard agents, dismissing Serena, downing the moth priest and yielding multiple times, etc. The only way I can get it to stop is casting the master level calm spell over and over again in dawnguard castle while I'm there. Lower level illusion spells DO NOT WORK, as his level seems to be fixed somewhere between 30 and 40.

At least I was powerful enough with illusion to make it through the dawnguard side of the quest, but for anyone who did not invest in illusion perks, this glitch would make it impossible to finish the questline. This glitch appears to be very widespread, and it's quest-breaking. Bethesda needs to fix this NOW!!

Eragon321

I have the problem that when i return with serena to the castle the first time nothing happens. The door wont open and i dont know why. Can anyone help me?

roberthmercer

I have the same problem with Serena who wants to get rid of a non-existent interloper. None of the suggestions I have read have worked. Seefour suggests "waiting it out" but having been waiting for four days..............now what? The video posted by telhs is of the same use.......zilch.......it doesn't work. From what I see of it there is no command for "follower" in Skyrim and no matter how it is entered in the console it is not acceptable. I did find it possible by going to the door at the rear of the castle, entering the "unlock" code in the console and entering the castle that way but without Serena it seems pointless and why the need to cheat? I remember a bug in FarCry3 that was never fixed so it seems to me that once the publishers have one's money........tough.

doomlinger

hey i used seduction on him then fed but he wasnt my thrall and ive tried 12 times stating the storyline again no mods mods nothing :sadface:

laserdude1215

i have the proble that serina is stuck in a cave and doesn't follow me out of the cave and if she does move she turns invisible

matt uk30

Okay, I'm in a bit of a tight spot here. I'm playing through the Dawnguard side first, and when I get to the point where I have to save the Moth Priest, he attacks me as soon as the magic shield is down. This wasn't a problem at first since I could just attack him and get him down to talk to him, but when I went back to Fort Dawnguard, he was attacking everyone in the main hall. After talking to Isran and getting the priest to read the scroll, the quest just stops. I can't talk to the priest because he's downed and busy, and when I try to heal him, he just keeps attacking. None of my calm spells or Kyne's Peace work on him, and I'm afraid that the quest is broken and I'll have to restart the whole add-on. Help please?

Sorry to bump an old thread but I had that exact same problem and after a bit of searching around on-line I found a couple of ways to stop him attacking and complete the quest and start the next. The first one didn't work for me ( Open the console click on the priest and enter " setav aggression 0 " )

The second way I found did work. Open the console click on the Moth Priest and type " disable " then press enter.(keep the console open and keep him selected) The priest will disappear, the quest will be completed and the next one will start. Then enter "enable" and press enter. Close the console and he'll reappear and should no longer be attacking. It worked for me anyway.

Kaneko21V

im having trouble with a different bug. im at dimhollow cavern where i have to press the button to release serana but when i press the interact key it goes to third person but acts like i didnt. it also goes into a cross between first and third person and i cant look up or down to try pressing the button again so i loaded a previous save and then saved before i hit the button. anyone know a fix for this? perhaps a quest stage code, maybe?

Kaneko21V

im having trouble with a different bug. im at dimhollow cavern where i have to press the button to release serana but when i press the interact key it goes to third person but acts like i didnt. it also goes into a cross between first and third person and i cant look up or down to try pressing the button again so i loaded a previous save and then saved before i hit the button. anyone know a fix for this? perhaps a quest stage code, maybe?
never mind, fixed it. i sprinted into a counter glitch where i was halfway into the ground, then i jumped out of that glitch and it fixed the whole thing, though it still said push button when i was within interacting range of it, LOL.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts