1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Spoiler Dawnguard quest bug?

Discussion in 'Dawnguard' started by Courtesyflush52, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Courtesyflush52

Courtesyflush52 New Member

I am asking this question for a friend as I do not know the answer. It begins when you enslave the Moth Priest as a thrall and bring him back to the castle to read an Elder Scroll. Afterwards, instead of Serana telling you to check out the courtyard, in my friends game she asks him to kill the moth Priest but this is impossible at this point in the quest. It really sucks and I wanted to ask because I knew someone else would have this problem.
  2. edge

edge Member

How do you get the moth priest nobody knows about him at drgonbridge
    • Like Like x 1
    MRKEWL likes this.
  3. Iandragonforce7

Iandragonforce7 Member

Talk to a guard, and I am stuck on the same glitch as weel
    • Like Like x 1
    MRKEWL likes this.
  4. Iandragonforce7

Iandragonforce7 Member

Anybody know how to fix the Serena glitch?
  5. edge

edge Member

But it wont let me talk to the guards
  6. Iandragonforce7

Iandragonforce7 Member

Talk to a carriage driver outside of a town first?
  7. MRKEWL

MRKEWL Member

Same issue, I can talk to guards but I figure since the civil war quests here I probably killed someone important maybe??? Can I just find the priest on my own? Where is he?
  8. Iandragonforce7

Iandragonforce7 Member

Go across the dragon bridge and follow the road straight, there is a tipped over cart and some dead people. Search the dead vampire for a note
  9. edge

edge Member

Hey mrkewl. Did it work?
  10. MRKEWL

MRKEWL Member

Problem solved. THANKs guys
  11. Iandragonforce7

Iandragonforce7 Member

12. Shoujixx101

Shoujixx101 Member

How do you even make the moth priest your thrall? Like as soon as i cast vampire seduction i turned into vampire lord but i didnt know how to feed on him.
  13. Iandragonforce7

Iandragonforce7 Member

just use the vampire seduction but dont turn into the vampire lord talk to him and it says feed, feed on him the talk to him again
  14. Shoujixx101

Shoujixx101 Member

omg wow....... lol thanks
  15. DaHaLoJeDi

DaHaLoJeDi New Member

Okay, I'm in a bit of a tight spot here. I'm playing through the Dawnguard side first, and when I get to the point where I have to save the Moth Priest, he attacks me as soon as the magic shield is down. This wasn't a problem at first since I could just attack him and get him down to talk to him, but when I went back to Fort Dawnguard, he was attacking everyone in the main hall. After talking to Isran and getting the priest to read the scroll, the quest just stops. I can't talk to the priest because he's downed and busy, and when I try to heal him, he just keeps attacking. None of my calm spells or Kyne's Peace work on him, and I'm afraid that the quest is broken and I'll have to restart the whole add-on. Help please?
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Tbonez718

Tbonez718 New Member

I Have the exact same problem. Its rather lame. I have been doing all the side quests hunting down vampire masters in the mean time. A way to fix this would be nice.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Mr. Ted

Mr. Ted New Member

I too have this problem and have been doing the exact same thing. I hope it's a big problem so it gets fixed sooner.
  18. Metallic

Metallic New Member

I had the same problem so i just reloaded to my last save and did all the stuff over again and was able to move on, try it if your last save isn't to long ago
    • Off Topic Off Topic x 1
  19. DaHaLoJeDi

DaHaLoJeDi New Member

DARN IT! Last time I saved was before entering the fort, so now I gotta go back to the point where you have to choose sides at Castle Volkihar. Well, at least I'll know what's coming this time around. Oh, and also, there's an exploit for the enhanced crossbow schematics quest. If you go into the cave that acts as the exit from the Dwemer ruin first and find the waterfall, you can hop up the left side of the waterfall and Whirlwind Sprint into the tunnel, allowing you to get the Enhanced Crossbow while only having to fight a few bandits.
  20. Johann404

Johann404 Member

I'm having the same problem but I don't have a save I can reload to. I hope they fix this.
    • Agree Agree x 1