Dawnguard PS3 is ready ASAP

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Stone

Retired Moderator
Finally Skyrim PS3 players can rest in the knowledge that patch 1.7 will be available on their platform today, although this is for the UK and Europe considering the US has already received the update. It’s not completely clear why Europe had been delayed, but it seems like there had been approval problems with Sony in Europe.
When Bethesda’s VP of marketing submitted a message on Twitter you could see the words were chosen carefully, and Pete Hines used the word “expected” Monday just in case they hit any issues, which is certainly something PS3 owners are used to. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 1.7 update should read as v1.6 on the PlayStation 3, and this is thanks to Bethesda combining two updates into one for this platform.
You can see the Tweet in an image below and no matter how careful Hines had been with this tweet, it had to lead to questions about Dawnguard on the PS3 and claims that Bethesda favors the Xbox 360 platform. This saw Hines return to a defensive stance again, and saw him explain that they’re “equally as unhappy” that Dawnguard is not on the PS3 yet.

Hines logic makes sense but PS3 users are still upset – yesterday we published an article that explained how some gamers are shunning other Bethesda published/developed games thanks to the situation with Skyrim DLC on PS3, and while this seems a little extreme, it is just one way certain gamers are handling the lack of communication from Bethesda and updates on just where they are with the fix.
Another tweet from Hines in reaction to this latest Skyrim PS3 patch said “The truth is I’d prefer to get it out to everyone because then fans are happy and we make money. Win win.” This logic makes sense and it also shows that Dawnguard will be coming to the PS3, although when the release date will be is anyone’s guess.
Are you happy that Dawnguard will eventually make it to the PS3?

See it formatted better here: Skyrim PS3 patch 1.7 is ready, Dawnguard ASAP - ProductReviews

I am happy im just very impatient as im sure everyone else is. I feel like i will appreciate it more since i have to wait longer.

Ive heard that it is on psn from a few random poeple i have not confirmed this yet so stay calm. im pretty sure it will take them awhile to get it into psn bieng such a large format

thatwudbryan

yet another skyrim enthusiast
Ive heard that it is on psn from a few random poeple i have not confirmed this yet so stay calm. im pretty sure it will take them awhile to get it into psn bieng such a large format
I thought they update on tuesdays? That'd be mighty sneaky of Bethesda to release it so hush but ise wouldn't mind.:)

From my general knowledge they update everyday around 4pm thats usually around the time ive gotten all my just released Dlcs. even if it isnt tuesday

Meh, I may or may not get it. Seems kinda cool and it'd give me a reason to be a vampire, but $20 seems a bit excessive, imo.
$20 is good to me i will admit ive spent more money on stuff for games that lasted me one day but i would love the extra content compared to COD BF3 and Assassins creed it seems this would be a well investment for me becuase skyrim is a never ending game :)

thatwudbryan

From what I've heard/read they might release dawnguard with the new planned hearthfire dlc for free, then again hearthfire probably won't come out till late sept.-octoberish. So PS3 users get left to dry even longer, too much love from bethesda

From what I've heard/read they might release dawnguard with the new planned hearthfire dlc for free, then again hearthfire probably won't come out till late sept.-octoberish. So PS3 users get left to dry even longer, too much love from bethesda
Ive heard we might get the Dawnguard for free. but i have also heard we will get Dawnguard then when hearthfire comes out we will get it free not to say for sure just have to wait and find out ourselves.

thatwudbryan

One things for sure $20 will be paid for either dlc whether ones free or not. I call out those of us on PS3 won't get dawnguard until mid-late september at the earliest, then couple weeks later hearthfire will come out n we''l have to wait another 2-3 months to play that as well.

One things for sure $20 will be paid for either dlc whether ones free or not. I call out those of us on PS3 won't get dawnguard until mid-late september at the earliest, then couple weeks later hearthfire will come out n we''l have to wait another 2-3 months to play that as well.
Definitely im getting probably all there Dlcs becuase i love the game but still they couldve give us a set date instead of making us run around looking like idoits lol :)

thatwudbryan

Definitely im getting probably all there Dlcs becuase i love the game but still they couldve give us a set date instead of making us run around looking like idoits lol :)
Same here and EXACTLY! If bethesda jus would said aye look are game don't run that well on this platform as it is so it guna take a lil longer to dish out the dlc for ps3 users but instead treated it like a grade schooler trying to hide a bad report card from his parents only for them to eventually find out n b all WTF!? I would been more than ok if they woulda said it wouldn't be ready instead of leading everyone to believe it'd be out by july. Reasons like this why I'm such a pessimest hahaha.

Start Dale

I got 99 problems but a Deadra ain't one.
By the time this comes out i'll have another massive Nord killer made. So no starting from fresh for me. Thankfully i just got Oblivion so i can explore that while i'm impatiently waiting for Dawnguard to arrive for my PS3.

Meh, I may or may not get it. Seems kinda cool and it'd give me a reason to be a vampire, but $20 seems a bit excessive, imo.
$20 seems a bit excessive to you? To be honest it's a fair price, Infinity Ward and Treyarch sell there map packs for CoD at the same price. (And there terrible) And even if MW3 combined all of it's map packs into one $20 price, I would still buy Dawnguard before it.

Rainbow

Criminal Scum
$20 seems a bit excessive to you? To be honest it's a fair price, Infinity Ward and Treyarch sell there map packs for CoD at the same price. (And there terrible) And even if MW3 combined all of it's map packs into one $20 price, I would still buy Dawnguard before it.
I guess, I'm just not sure what would count as a "fair price" as far as DLC goes. Most the games I play don't have any DLC. $20 only seems pricey to me since I usually spend that on about 4 or 5 PS1 games. Either way, I still plan on getting Dawnguard.

Clau

The Fateless One
Hi, is Dawnguard confirmed at $20?

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.

Skyrim: over 300 hours (so far) of gameplay. 60 dollars.

Dawnguard: 20 hours of gameplay. 20 dollars.

Jackie-chan-meme.png

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts