Dawnguard Ownership of Castle Volkihar???

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
OK, so I've played through the Dawnguard DLC several times as as Vampire Lord, and Finally decided to join the Dawnguard instead and have yet to finish the questline... My question is this: Is there a way to end up Owning or Using Castle Volkihar??? I was turned to a Vampire Lord so as to enter the Soul Cairn, so is it also possible to turn against the Dawnguard and join the Vampires instead of destroying them???

Thanks,
Evil Dave

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
To my knowledge, no. Once you've picked a side, it's permanent. I might be mistaken though.

JClarke1953

OK, so I've played through the Dawnguard DLC several times as as Vampire Lord, and Finally decided to join the Dawnguard instead and have yet to finish the questline... My question is this: Is there a way to end up Owning or Using Castle Volkihar??? I was turned to a Vampire Lord so as to enter the Soul Cairn, so is it also possible to turn against the Dawnguard and join the Vampires instead of destroying them???

Thanks,
Evil Dave
I think the only way you can inhabit the Castle is to be the Vamp Lord. The drawback on that is as with the other "organizations", you'll be sent out to do, rather than you sending out others to do the job.

As far as switching sides? How far in are you? Is Harkon and his crew dead? If not, you might be able to get him to give you his "gift", or perhaps by Serana. If Harkon and his crew are dead, and you're a Vamp Lord, you might can occupy the Castle, but certain things won't be rebuilt within the Castle. And if he and his crew are dead, last I was in the Castle, and all were dead, anything you take is deemed a theft (this is on XBox).

I'd make a save, and go on with the plan to see how it plays out. In either case, Harkon will have to die. If you're a Vamp Lord, it'll be you who kills him. If you're Dawnguard, it'll be you.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !

Thanks,
Evil Dave

>> You do have a point here. It should be like that. If you destroy vamps, then that castle should be owned by the Dawnguards and turn it into a vamp museum and make it profitable for their cause .... or if the game does not allow that, then the freaking vamps still alive, should re-concentrate there and start their menace with a new leader but they don’t. I have come back to the castle to kill more vamps but it is empty, or they hide, or they don’t like my blood and they just simply are afraid to face me ...

JClarke1953

Well, if you've been in already, and to the Soul Cairn, there'll be no more within the castle (unless there's a feral vamp in the tunnels). The only vamps you'll see will be outside of the Castle.

And you'll have Vamps waiting for you if you fast travel to a place, or even when you go through the gate. You'll have to figure where and when to go into your home town or wherever, especially the smaller towns. And if you fight, and hit a guard or NPC'S, there'll be a bounty.

Brewman

Do I look worried?
Once you choose a side your in for good, and don't forget to get the piece of your soul back before you leave the cairn, your not a vamp just missing a piece of your former self

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts