• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dawnguard or Volkihar

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nirl

Premium Member
Dawnguard (vampire Hunters) or Volkihar (vampires)?? I was wondering what most people sided with. I have done both and still don't know witch one I prefer.

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
My main character went with the Dawnguard, though I'll eventually get around to making somebody else a vampire.

zane

I did both, but I preferred Dawnguard. It was more fitting I should say, I believe that the vampire sided story should of had more interactions with Harkon and the others. Make it a growing hate between you and him, so the final battle would be more satisfying.

.... if Serana would go VL, that'd be awesome too -.-

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I did both sides, Dawnguard with my main character build, and the vampires with a character I made specifically for the DLC. The quests for both sides are very similar, but I have to say that going with the Dawnguard is more satisfying at the end of the quest. I won't reveal what happens, because of spoilers, but let's just say the vampire side of the quest felt "incomplete".

Kynareth

I did both, and have to say I prefer the Dawnguard side. Mainly because, as other posters have said, it felt more complete than the Vampire side. Not to mention all the cool stuff you get if you side with the Dawnguard that you don't really get if you side with the Vampires.

yodarox

I prefer the Dawnguard since the Vampires don't give out too many items that are of good use, and the sunlight does become an issue if you decide not to feed on humans. I like the Dawnguard more because I enjoy being a werewolf (although a khajiit becoming a werewolf is a bit odd) as well.

Dovakhin Sadir

Vampire Goddess
I am the only one here that thinks this but i prefer Vampires. Dawn guard have no right to eliminate a race from Tamriel and I think that Vampires soon as they were here before Nords or Imperials or any other race they have a right to rule.

Janus3003

Given that vampirism is a disease and they were first created by Molag Bal just to give Arkay the finger, they need to go.
Furthermore, the first vampire was a Nede, so humans definitely came before vampires. I can hardly call vampires a race, seeing as they're afflicted members of other races. It's like calling lepers a "race," though thankfully lepers don't seek the blood of the living.

Aquillus

I went Dawnguard, because my main is an assassin and I feel that a mage is the only suitable archetype for a VL (just my opinion). And it's also the only archetype I get bored with rather quickly. I might make a dark mage Nord just to see that side of the dlc though.

Dovakhin Sadir

Vampire Goddess
How is it vampires fault that they were made to drink blood? They talk dont they? They sleep dont they?
They are a race because they do everything other races do. They have rituals they hunt their own people they have their own land (Castle Volkihar) and they have feelings. So my point is proven

Dovakhin Sadir

Vampire Goddess
Well, if vampires were to have a cure then the race would dissapear from the face of the world. If they prayed all the time then they would never even be known to exist. However if they drink other peoples blood they will be known for what they are not abominations, not murders but for what they are, vampires.

Janus3003

Well, if vampires were to have a cure then the race would dissapear from the face of the world. If they prayed all the time then they would never even be known to exist.
Good.
However if they drink other peoples blood they will be known for what they are not abominations, not murders but for what they are, vampires.
If a creature sucks another person's blood, either killing them or turning them into a creature themselves, calling them "murderers" and "abominations" is totally fair.
And like I said, they're no more a race than people with colds are a race.

Dovakhin Sadir

Vampire Goddess
Vampires are not murderers or abomnations because you go around killing your prey like fish,Bucks etc and you are not called a murderer

Janus3003

I think most people kill vampires because the vampires are trying to eat them. Pretty much the only good thing that comes from vampires (that can't be provided by anyone else) is a specific alchemical ingredient. Otherwise, they're very bad for business, and their cons ultimately outweigh their pros.

Dovakhin Sadir

Vampire Goddess
Look vampires are good people i learnt that by being friends with a few don't get me wrong some of them will try and kill you but in their mind they have no other option.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts