• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dr.Madness

Overlord of the Void
Hi, I just got the Skyrim Legendary Edition, which faction should I join? I want Vampire Lord form but I hear Dawnguard gets a bunch of followers, cool weapons, and armored trolls. My character is a Altmer Necromancer, he is level 29 and I feel joining the Vampires would make sense for him, what are some perks for joining the Vampires?

Varra

Of course you become a vampire. With that you become some sort of "royal" vampire in which you can transform. It levels up similar to the werewolf transform. The vampire transformation is kind of like a hovering caster. Rather than the transformation I really enjoyed the stuff inside the castle, such as the bloody goblets, plates. You can sleep in a coffin, have a death hound follow you, and frankly, i loved the quest.

If you don't mind doing "evil" quest I would go for it. Though one of the major downsides is not being able to regenerate health or stamina while in the sun (not so sure about magic, was using an shadow classed character at the time.)

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
Hi, I just got the Skyrim Legendary Edition, which faction should I join? I want Vampire Lord form but I hear Dawnguard gets a bunch of followers, cool weapons, and armored trolls. My character is a Altmer Necromancer, he is level 29 and I feel joining the Vampires would make sense for him, what are some perks for joining the Vampires?

I've started with the vampire faction, and personally enjoy the macabre atmosphere of the whole thing.

Which faction should you join first? Just go with your current choice. You could always do the Dawnguard faction afterwards.

Oh, and btw, once you get the Vampire Lord form, you won't need followers, cool weapons, or armored trolls, since you'll be as bad-ass as all of the above combined...

AS88

Staff member

Judging by your Sig?

Volkihar :p

Sean

lost somewhere
Bet you can't guess what I chose.
76756877.png
16727554.png

I think the whole Vampire thing a lot more fun than the Dawnguard side.

AS88

Staff member
Bet you can't guess what I chose.

I think the whole Vampire thing a lot more fun than the Dawnguard side.

Yeah, I think playing the vampire side is much simpler for RP, too. I always feel conflicted as a Dawnguard :confused:

That decision should essentially come down to these: Do you prefer and actually want to use any followers in the DLC? Do you prefer Amulets that make your Vampire Lord even more powerful or Crossbows? And most important of all, would you rather be a Vampire Hunter or Vampire Lord? There could many other reasons to join either, it really comes down to personal preference. I personally went for the Vampires, because I would much rather be a Vampire Lord than a Vampire Hunter, and I wanted the Amulet's/Ring's that make my Vampire Lord even better.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I am still tying to make up my mind about it as well. In my normal Skyrim I am like "Death to all vampires!" but with the DLC I am not to sure. Think I will end up joining the Dawnguard. I can always play it again as a vamp later if I want. That's the beauty of RP, you can do what you want :)

I am still tying to make up my mind about it as well. In my normal Skyrim I am like "Death to all vampires!" but with the DLC I am not to sure. Think I will end up joining the Dawnguard. I can always play it again as a vamp later if I want. That's the beauty of RP, you can do what you want :)

I used to be against Vampires before I got the DLC's as well, but it was just too tempting, especially due to the fact that I'm Undead increases my enchantment's effects by 25% due to Necromage. The weaknesses in sunlight are a pain until you manage to counter it effectively. I also chose Vampire Lord for the roleplay reasons, due to the immortality aspect of it.

Every time I fast travel to Whiterun at night now there is a Vampire and the townsfolk are attacking it.. I am getting a big pile of naked vampire and thrall bodies in the drain next to the main gate..lol.

Surprisingly, I haven't seen a Vampire raid on a town yet. I did, however, find some Vampires who were beating on that petty Hakar while he was running away screaming.

Tyer032392

You get some very nice toys if you are a warrior with the Dawnguard. If you are a mage, than you get some very effective spells against the undead including Standars Aura that basically builds a shield around your character made out of pure sunlight that can catch and burn any undead for 80 seconds.

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
Preferably I'm always a werewolf and since vampires tend think of us as base animals.I'm sure you can guess where I go.besides vamps have too many downsides as far as hoods,sunlight,and depending on race,what it does to your face/skin colour.always rp that I'm a special type of were that when I come into full power(all perk) I gain immortality.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts