1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Dawnguard is Freezing

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by Hecatone, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Maxlength Member

Message Count:
    Well, I'll tell you this for nothing - I won't be playing Skyrim AGAIN till it is fixed. Simply not good enough.....:mad:
  2. Links7o7o7 Member

Message Count:
    I believe that it is from having the companion from the dlc as well because it wasn't til just recently after I got her that my game started freezing, it has froze several times and is getting to be very annoying.
  3. Hunter9417 New Member

Message Count:
    See i still don't get why, cause Serana hasn't made any difference in my game
  4. Links7o7o7 Member

Message Count:
    I've noticed it freezes when she engages battle before me more specifically and ive been battling things from skyrim not creatures from dawnguard when it freezes. It also froze on me when i tried to change into the vampire lord while in battle with a steam dwemer thing (the giant ones), i forget what they are called. So ya it only happens while in battle. I have Serana wait for me before I go battle and no freezing, and before entering battle i change into a vampire lord to avoid freezing during battle that way as well.
  5. Links7o7o7 Member

Message Count:
    I'll post bugs as I encounter them with dawn guard to compare if anyone else is getting these problems as well and I will try to be more specific.
  6. Links7o7o7 Member

Message Count:
    Ok after playing the game for a while today I believe I have figured out the exact thing that is causing the freeze. Yes it has to do with Serana your companion. While in battle if her health drops to what would be considered dead then the game freezes, I am pretty sure that this is why it's freezing. I don't understand why it would do that but that seems to be the cause. If anyone can let me know if they notice the same thing or find another thing that is causing the game to freeze let me know because I want to get a list of these bugs and report them so they can get patched.
  7. Colonel Volgin Member

Message Count:
    My Xbox 360 froze three times when i was battling Harkon because there was so much stuff going on with 4 gargoyles and teleporting.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Links7o7o7 Member

Message Count:
    My xbox also froze while I was battling Harkon and there wasn't very many things going on. It was just him, Serana, myself and a couple skeletons. The thing that triggered the freeze I've noticed is when Serana's health hits zero.
  9. Colonel Volgin Member

Message Count:
    On mine Harkon summoned 2 gargoyles at the start of the battle and then right after i summoned 2 gargoyles with my vampire lord form and when you hit him for some time he starts running up onto the top ledge and then teleports back down onto the ground.

I eventually just lowered the difficulty because i couldn't kill him because i was such a low level and he kept absorbing health from myself and Serena making him impossible to beat. I was on Master difficulty and when i got him down to half HP he would always just go into invulnerable mist form and heal up to full health again. lol
  10. aNoM27 New Member

Message Count:
    Not sure if this thread is even still alive but Im just recently starting to have serious issues with Skyrim on my 360. Specifically on the quest where Serena either turns you to a vampire or soul shards you. Once she does either or (ive tried both), I try to enter the Soul Cairn and then 16 times over 2 days with trying every variation of "fix" I could I still get the same freeze on loading. Ive tried running off just the disk, tried with the disk installed... tried internal hdd, external hdd and cloud storage. Cleared system caches on each of them. Same outcome each time, freezes while loading the soul cairn. always within 15-20 seconds of the load... planned to buy hearthfire but seeing as to how they havent even fixed this bug yet then why would i want to load something with more bugs to it...
  11. Jennifer R Riley Member

Message Count:
    Your very lucky then I have been having the freezing issue in my games as well
  12. olivier73 New Member

Message Count:
    Same here. Mine freezes in the snowy valley collecting water for that elven bow retrieval mission. after killing a few sabre cats and walk to the portal behind the spiders. Easy part of the game, but as soon as I walk in the now erected portal to take out the water from the basin, it freezes. Every time. Need to manually shut off the xbox and start over. Very annoying. Hope a fix comes soon.
  13. LaughingSoDreamy12 New Member

Message Count:
    dont worry out of all the dlc ive noticed dawnguard has the most bugs especially the vamp lord form, since ive had it on my brand new char with a small save file ive gotten my first two freezes one from opening vamp lord skill tree in battle and one one a loading screen, dont open doors in blood magic or try not to revert form mod battle unless you have too, ive got lots of annoying glitchs too like damage not registering sometimes and spells not casting etc my enchantments not working on gear if i revert mid battle silly stuff.
  14. Maxlength Member

Message Count:
    Ok, now I can't cure myself......