1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

Dawnguard Forgotten Vale secret room *Spoiler*

Discussion in 'Skyrim Guides and Tutorials' started by Derek Jeder, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Derek Jeder

Derek Jeder Member

During my adventures in the Forgotten Vale, i encountered a pillar, similar to the one that releases the Moth Priest during the earlier quests. When I clicked on it, it informed me that I lacked the required item, and looking around me I found a small cave with a Frost Giant inside just across a small stream. When I searched his body I found the missing piece, a Paragon, and applied it to the pillar, wich opened a portal to the "Inner Sanctum". When I entered there lay in front of me a desk with 3 chests, a few pieces of Elven Armor lying around, and 2 giant piles of gems. I found this just South East of the northernmost "Dome" to fill the Initiates Ewer. Any questions?

So far there are 4 such paragons, Ruby, Amethyst, Emerald, and Sapphire. They are dropped by I'm guessing every Frost Giant in the Forgotten Vale. One is right across the river from the gate, mentioned above. Another is just down the river, past the waterfall. Another is in the cave leading to the last Ewer room, and another still is in the Inner Sanctum, in the room opened by the Initiates Ewer platform.

Also after recieving the Ruby Paragon (Inner Sanctum), the place the portal leads to seems desolate, but there are 2 Trolls, 1 chest, and a Falmer holding Auriel's Shield, Falmer Heavy armor, and a Falmer helm.

2. Tyrone

Tyrone Member

I... I.... SOLD A PARAGON THINKING IT WAS JUNK!!! :mad:

3. Derek Jeder

Derek Jeder Member

Theres still 3 more, don't worry.

4. swoobear

swoobear Member

Haha, I did too!

5. Derek Jeder

Derek Jeder Member

Correction, theres 4 more. Theres one right after Glacial Crevice, when you leave and go up the hill to the last Ewer depot, turn around and go right up the hill.