PS3 Dawnguard for PS3 delayed because Bethesda is not working on one thing at a time.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
Though keep in mind that upgrading a PC to be usable with games means that everything is going to go a lot smoother, such as web browsing and watching videos, so that's another plus to upgrading a PC.

Leedsy

I really don't see where these calls for free DLC for PS3 users and insults at Bethesda come from?

I can see how it must be super frustrating for PS3 users but your complaining about not getting something you haven't paid for! Now if they released it half arsed and broken and charged you for it, that's another thing altogether. But any company has the right not to release a product I they do not think it is of the standard they want.

As far as I aware they never sold the original game with guaranteed promises about DLC. You paid for the game, got the game and I assume enjoyed the game. They delivered what you paid for.

So yeah, I understand the frustration as Xbox has the DLC already, but c'mon all the posts about Bethesda are BS and incompetent are so far wide of the mark. As I said at the start, people are complaining about not getting something they haven't paid for?!?

Now paying for COD Elite.... Now that was daylight robbery ;)

Also, don't sweat Herthfire, novelty wears off after 10 mins, adds nothing to the game for me

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
PS3 users don't even have the option right now to buy Dawnguard and/or Hearthfire for any price. They have NO OPTION, while PC and 360 users do.

Also, your opinions on any DLC is your opinion, but it is not a thought shared by all. I know many people find Hearthfire to be a lot more than a ten-minute novelty.

Leedsy

I thought it would be taken for granted that any comments i made were my just my opinion.....as it was my after all me giving my opinion?

Not trying to speak for anyone else and I do not dislike Hearthfire, it's just not adding the kind of content that Dawnguard did or shivering isles / KOTN in oblivion before it. I see it as an interesting little add on that fun but not really adding anything else is all.

If I was a frustrated PS3 user, I'd be more concerned with getting Dawnguard released than Hearthfire, was my point.

I know they have NO OPTION, it's just the aggressive posts that take the tone as having been ripped off or conned in some way and they should get it for free when fixed. My opinion was that if they haven't charged you for something you can't demand some sort recourse when you don't receive anything. The frustration tho, I can understand totally

SprSynJn

While I don't think it should be free, I think they might want to consider discounting it out of respect for their poor performance in programming. I'm no programmer mind you, but the track record with this game and previous ones shows this company is not a fan of the hardware. It's easily seen too, and almost a bit insulting. That's probably why many are upset, and why I would even suggest an action for such a trivial matter. To be honest, I'll buy it regardless of whether it's full price or not. A good gesture would help their image though.

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
I know they have NO OPTION, it's just the aggressive posts that take the tone as having been ripped off or conned in some way and they should get it for free when fixed. My opinion was that if they haven't charged you for something you can't demand some sort recourse when you don't receive anything. The frustration tho, I can understand totally

They've been waiting for months for something that other people have had all that time. I think a lot of them are beyond frustrated at this point. As I said, they don't even have a choice in getting the DLC besides going to PC or 360, both of which can be expensive things to do.

Leedsy

We're going around in circles a little as I am not sure we actually disagree in essence. Yes I understand their frustration and yes a discounted DLC gesture would be nice seeing the delay and yes it does not reflect well on Bethesda.

My only disagreement with some earlier posts was in the fact some people felt they should get it free or were entitled to something (other than an apology). My point was that of they haven't charged for it, they haven't failed I deliver anything. Where is if people had Pre-ordered on PS3 and had still not received it, then that's different matter.

But I don't want to dag this into something its not, I respect others opinions wont be the same as mine and wish PS3 users luck in getting this resolved ASAP

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
I really don't see where these calls for free DLC for PS3 users and insults at Bethesda come from?

I can see how it must be super frustrating for PS3 users but your complaining about not getting something you haven't paid for! Now if they released it half arsed and broken and charged you for it, that's another thing altogether. But any company has the right not to release a product I they do not think it is of the standard they want.

As far as I aware they never sold the original game with guaranteed promises about DLC. You paid for the game, got the game and I assume enjoyed the game. They delivered what you paid for.

So yeah, I understand the frustration as Xbox has the DLC already, but c'mon all the posts about Bethesda are BS and incompetent are so far wide of the mark. As I said at the start, people are complaining about not getting something they haven't paid for?!?

Now paying for COD Elite.... Now that was daylight robbery ;)

Also, don't sweat Herthfire, novelty wears off after 10 mins, adds nothing to the game for me

You're right and wrong. Yes, PS3 users haven't paid for it, but they expected something because Bethesda promised to deliver it. They deserve something.

GratuitousViolets

PS3 Addict
A lot of people are going on about the "we should get it free" issue. I'd like it free, but I'm pretty confident it's NEVER going to happen. Others think we should have NO absolute NO rights to have it even remotely discounted in the slightest. In fact, a fellow console player who has xbox says we have NO right to even have the discount and it should be DOUBLE the price for PS3 since it obviously takes more work (i.e. she's paid for it and wore it out and now she thinks it's unfair anyone else gets it cheaper than she does).

I will say though I think we SHOULD have a hefty discount, due to the amount of time we've been palmed off, waited and absolutely RUINED by nonstop people's spoiling parts of the DLCs for us. Honestly by the time this DLC gets released, it's most likely I won't be buying it because I'm not going to pay full price on a DLC after the game has worn out it's enjoyment value already because Bethesda were too busy being Microsoft's star pupil. Having played every type of character, having played every storyline available, knowing every reaction, every little trick, being able to max out as much as I can...and then to have a DLC released about a year or so later would be a slap in the face and if they think I'm gonna stand there with my wallet open so they can dig their talons in and take my money (and make me pay for really what now is no better than second hand goods) is just pretty much not bloody likely.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Creating games is a business, Bethesda needs money to keep making games, Microsoft made them a deal and they took it, not like they became a PC or Microsoft exclusive. Sony has also done this in the past with other games, Bethesda took a deal which made them more money and people complain. Well here is a wake up call, Bethesda doesn't pay it's workers with love and affection of adoring fans, they pay with money. Not like fans of Elderscrolls will be like "Oh Microsoft go a deal with Bethesda well I'm never buying their games cause I'm going to make a statement" If Sony made a better offer then the tables would be turned.

People also say they should stop making more download content and focus on just PS3 to get it fixed... That doesn't exactly make them more money, they have staff teams that work on the game content are they just going to stare at the wall for 8 hours and get paid for it? I'm fairly certain a Company can focus on a few different things.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
A lot of people are going on about the "we should get it free" issue. I'd like it free, but I'm pretty confident it's NEVER going to happen. Others think we should have NO absolute NO rights to have it even remotely discounted in the slightest. In fact, a fellow console player who has xbox says we have NO right to even have the discount and it should be DOUBLE the price for PS3 since it obviously takes more work (i.e. she's paid for it and wore it out and now she thinks it's unfair anyone else gets it cheaper than she does).

I will say though I think we SHOULD have a hefty discount, due to the amount of time we've been palmed off, waited and absolutely RUINED by nonstop people's spoiling parts of the DLCs for us. Honestly by the time this DLC gets released, it's most likely I won't be buying it because I'm not going to pay full price on a DLC after the game has worn out it's enjoyment value already because Bethesda were too busy being Microsoft's star pupil. Having played every type of character, having played every storyline available, knowing every reaction, every little trick, being able to max out as much as I can...and then to have a DLC released about a year or so later would be a slap in the face and if they think I'm gonna stand there with my wallet open so they can dig their talons in and take my money (and make me pay for really what now is no better than second hand goods) is just pretty much not bloody likely.

No need to comment anymore, guys. This right here hit the spot.

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
As a PS3 user I would happily pay for the DLC, I don't expect anything for free though I would, obviously be happy to accept it. I'm at a point now that I rarely play the PS3, my 11yr old daughter likes to watch me play it so an hour on a sunday morning is about all.

Fortunately, I play on PC as well.

As a PS3 user I will say it is a kick in the chest to think about the Dawnguard scenario, I guess I don't understand why there is an issue really.

Ritterkreuz

Even if all of Dawngaurd doesn't work, part of me was hoping for something. Maybe just the weapons, or skip Dawngaurd for now and let us at least have a crack at Hearthfire.

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens

The problem is that you would be Spoiled by other players if the DLC's were delayed or they came out exactly at the intended time, which is "One Month after it's Xbox" release.

I think by the time it comes out for PS3 it will be discounted though. Not because of a "We need to make it up to PS3 owners" idea, but because of a natural shelf life of a DLC/Video Game. You won't pay what other had to pay for it at first release. I do think it would be nice if they perhaps put an Armor Set or something that would be exclusive to the PS3 with the DLC's (aka "Armor of the Patient")

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts