1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

PC Dawnguard doesn't work!?

Discussion in 'Skyrim Help' started by z-Ghost-z, Aug 24, 2012.

1. dreamslayer1999 New Member

Message Count:
    i bought it through steam and it downloaded
    i dont know how to uninstall and reinstall withough doing that to my whole skyrim
  2. Exelex Member

Message Count:
    I think you may have to do that. Besides, if you uninstall and re-install Skyrim, your saves, data, etc. will be kept. There's most likely a way to uninstall and re-install just the DLC though.
  3. dreamslayer1999 New Member

Message Count:
    and what if that doesnt work will i have to repurchase
  4. Rayven Global Moderator

Message Count:
    Not sure if it's been stated earlier, but you do have to be level 10 I believe in order for the guards to talk about the Dawnguard. So make sure that's the case before doing anything complicated.

If you do have mods, you need to check the information that comes with each one to learn how to disable or uninstall them so that may be a route to take as well. Also, through Steam, make sure you verify the game data and it will check that everything your downloaded is in good working order.
  5. Exelex Member

Message Count:
    If it comes to that:

Email Form: Bethsoft.com - Contact
    Customer Support: (910) 568-3685
  6. dreamslayer1999 New Member

Message Count:
    well im lvl 81 so it should work and im going to have to get rid of all my mods?!?!?1
  7. dreamslayer1999 New Member

Message Count:
    hey guys i did a game files cache thing and it redownloaded skyrim so imma see if that works brb
  8. Rayven Global Moderator

Message Count:
    Typically if it's a mod issue, there's one certain mod that is having a problem with the latest patch or DLC or whatever. The problem is, the only way to figure that out is to shut them all off then bring them back in one at a time until you find the culprit so it's a process of elimination. First, I'd go to nexus or wherever you got your mods and read any updates for each mod. If there's a conflict with Dawnguard and a mod, I'd guess someone else has had a problem already since the DLC has been out long enough. There may be a new version of the mods you have that work properly.
  9. O'mallee New Member

Message Count:
    Okay I've done countless missions and talked to all kinds of gaurd and waited around. But not only is there no way of accessing the mission but I also cant make any dragon bone weapons. I'm curious is dawngaurd only available on the profile that downloaded it beacuse I had to use a different profile sense I couldn't remember my live password for the other profile?
  10. O'mallee New Member

Message Count:
    Someone please tell me something useful I've already heard pleanty of "Thats weird I don't think your profile downloaded right"
  11. Tornado2457 New Member

Message Count:
    I found out that if you just talk to a guard they might mention something about dawnguard and then you get the quest.