PC Dawnguard doesn't work!?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Exelex

I think you may have to do that. Besides, if you uninstall and re-install Skyrim, your saves, data, etc. will be kept. There's most likely a way to uninstall and re-install just the DLC though.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Not sure if it's been stated earlier, but you do have to be level 10 I believe in order for the guards to talk about the Dawnguard. So make sure that's the case before doing anything complicated.

If you do have mods, you need to check the information that comes with each one to learn how to disable or uninstall them so that may be a route to take as well. Also, through Steam, make sure you verify the game data and it will check that everything your downloaded is in good working order.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
well im lvl 81 so it should work and im going to have to get rid of all my mods?!?!?1

Typically if it's a mod issue, there's one certain mod that is having a problem with the latest patch or DLC or whatever. The problem is, the only way to figure that out is to shut them all off then bring them back in one at a time until you find the culprit so it's a process of elimination. First, I'd go to nexus or wherever you got your mods and read any updates for each mod. If there's a conflict with Dawnguard and a mod, I'd guess someone else has had a problem already since the DLC has been out long enough. There may be a new version of the mods you have that work properly.

O'mallee

Okay I've done countless missions and talked to all kinds of gaurd and waited around. But not only is there no way of accessing the mission but I also cant make any dragon bone weapons. I'm curious is dawngaurd only available on the profile that downloaded it beacuse I had to use a different profile sense I couldn't remember my live password for the other profile?

O'mallee

Someone please tell me something useful I've already heard pleanty of "Thats weird I don't think your profile downloaded right"

skmskm31

I have dawnguard installed on my skyrim. Everything is where it should be. I try going on one profile I made, none of the guards talk about dawnguard. Period. I go to where the dawnguard fort is. Mages block the entrance. I died, first time. Then I went of there again, miraculously an orc comes riding in with a horse and tries to kill me for whatever reason. I kill him, steal the horse, run past the mages on the horses and I can something like "Can't enter this area" RIGHT where the quest starts.... Like fort dawnguard doesn't exist. I go on one of my other profiles, a Master Vampire attacks me in whiterun. THEN this dude starts talking about dawnguard. I didn't want to do it on that profile, I deleted the profile, started a new one, STILL no dawnguard. WTF?! I might as well just kill every guard I see. Pissing me off. I have a lot of mods on, perhaps they are interfering with the quest? I'm on PC. Somebody help!

listen i have the answer and its incredibly simple. when i first realize i felt like idiot for not thinking it before :D okey first you should launch the game with launcher. then before clicking play, click data and select the dlc whichever you want. for dawnguard you MUST select dawnguard of course.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts