PC Dawnguard doesn't work!?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

z-Ghost-z

I have dawnguard installed on my skyrim. Everything is where it should be. I try going on one profile I made, none of the guards talk about dawnguard. Period. I go to where the dawnguard fort is. Mages block the entrance. I died, first time. Then I went of there again, miraculously an orc comes riding in with a horse and tries to kill me for whatever reason. I kill him, steal the horse, run past the mages on the horses and I can something like "Can't enter this area" RIGHT where the quest starts.... Like fort dawnguard doesn't exist. I go on one of my other profiles, a Master Vampire attacks me in whiterun. THEN this dude starts talking about dawnguard. I didn't want to do it on that profile, I deleted the profile, started a new one, STILL no dawnguard. WTF?! I might as well just kill every guard I see. Pissing me off. I have a lot of mods on, perhaps they are interfering with the quest? I'm on PC. Somebody help!

TheDredges

Hydrophilic
I'm having the same problem with the XBOX version of this. I talked to someone to get the quest to go to DG, but it won't let me past the bridge. Any updates on this?! I'm lvl 30.

TheDredges

Hydrophilic
I have dawnguard installed on my skyrim. Everything is where it should be. I try going on one profile I made, none of the guards talk about dawnguard. Period. I go to where the dawnguard fort is. Mages block the entrance. I died, first time. Then I went of there again, miraculously an orc comes riding in with a horse and tries to kill me for whatever reason. I kill him, steal the horse, run past the mages on the horses and I can something like "Can't enter this area" RIGHT where the quest starts.... Like fort dawnguard doesn't exist. I go on one of my other profiles, a Master Vampire attacks me in whiterun. THEN this dude starts talking about dawnguard. I didn't want to do it on that profile, I deleted the profile, started a new one, STILL no dawnguard. WTF?! I might as well just kill every guard I see. Pissing me off. I have a lot of mods on, perhaps they are interfering with the quest? I'm on PC. Somebody help!

I figured it out! It isn't a glitch, just really bag design. That are where you can't walk past is just park of the game. You have to turn around and walk back and hug the mountain on the right. There will eventually be a crevasse with two torches. It is called Dayspring Cavern.

dreamslayer1999

actually no u didnt figure it out i am having all the same probs except none of the guards will mention it and the perk trees arent even there for vampire lord and all that and that crevice isnt there but i am getting cant go that way thing wtf is going onn

Exelex

actually no u didnt figure it out i am having all the same probs except none of the guards will mention it and the perk trees arent even there for vampire lord and all that and that crevice isnt there but i am getting cant go that way thing wtf is going onn
Well, the perk tree for Vampire Lord can only be accessed once you have actually transformed into a Vampire Lord. Same goes for the Werewolf perk tree just to let you know.

TheDredges

Hydrophilic

If you hang around Whiterun, someone will approach you about Dawnguard. They found me by the blacksmith in the front. You need to get the mission to access DG.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
For me, I waited forever in whiterun. I went to solitude, talked to guards, nothing.

After about five minutes I left (I was level 13 I think at the time mind you) and just went on with quests. It was until I was in... Dawnstar? Yes, Dawnstar that the Orc found me while I was working at the smithy.

I think you just have to wait around guys, just do some quests, walk around a bit. Just continue with your adventures. They'll come to you.

After all, do you expect the FBI to appear out of no where in real life who HAPPEN to find that you have 'magical' powers to save the world? No! It's gonna take them a while to find you first off, all the while finding people who also perhaps have the same abilities.

^ that was just an example, it's not real or anything obviously.

Maybe that was their intention, to make it seem more real. Not "OMG! This 'person' is level 10! Lets find them now! Omg! Let's teleport immediately!" When other NPC's have tendencies to join the Dawngaurd (that was a spoiler kinda, but I'm not saying anything more than THAT, thank you very much)

If it doesn't appear any time soon, like I've read/hear a couple of times, maybe you need to uninstall/reinstall and maybe then it'll work.

Exelex

You don't have to wait. You can just walk to the Fort by foot and start the quest without the waiting hassle :)

Dabiene Caristiana

Good places to go are major hold cities. Keep stoping by for about 5 minutes at Solitude, Windhelm, and Whiterun. Ask guards as well. After that, do a quest, repeat.

After all, won't hurt to try this ^ Got nothin to lose really. And again, you can try and reinstall it if none of that works.

Dabiene Caristiana

You don't have to wait. You can just walk to the Fort by foot and start the quest without the waiting hassle :)

Plus what he said. Sometimes you have to just go directly there.

If that doesn't work, y'know what to do lol.

Exelex

Good places to go are major hold cities. Keep stoping by for about 5 minutes at Solitude, Windhelm, and Whiterun. Ask guards as well. After that, do a quest, repeat.

After all, won't hurt to try this ^ Got nothin to lose really. And again, you can try and reinstall it if none of that works.
Good one Dabiene, you just reminded me:

@dragonslayer1999: At level 10, you can talk to the guards to start the quest also.

Dabiene Caristiana

Yea, I thought he knew that, that's why I didn't remind 'im again :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts