• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Yeah, it looks nice.

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
Does anyone know if you have to be a normal vampire before becoming a vamp lord? because being a normal vampire sucks

Even if you are a normal vampire it won't matter because (although being a normal vampire isn't really exiting) they are changing things so that normal vampires can go into cities and not be attacked on sight.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Does anyone know a rough date as to when it comes out on ps3

June 26, tentatively, based on how the beta goes.

ETA: Oh nevermind! I didn't see the PS3 bit before. Sorry. I believe it'll be released for PS3 and PC roughly a month after the XBOX release.

Partmis

I can't wait for this dlc, I've already made a werewolf/archer with the ring of Hircine who will be my Dawnguard character. My only problem is I have no idea what armor type the Dawnguard will use. From the images I've seen they use some sort of thin steel armor but it could be either or. (Also the perk trees for the beast forms is a great idea, I'll finally be able to improve my werewolf form)

Verac

I can't wait for this dlc, I've already made a werewolf/archer with the ring of Hircine who will be my Dawnguard character. My only problem is I have no idea what armor type the Dawnguard will use. From the images I've seen they use some sort of thin steel armor but it could be either or. (Also the perk trees for the beast forms is a great idea, I'll finally be able to improve my werewolf form)
from what ive seen armor goes from light to heavy. so your good.

SeriousTack

Haven't seen the latest Dawnguard details anywhere on the forums yet, so... here, have some links!

Skyrim Dawnguard Information Blowout
Skyrim Dawnguard Details
Dawnguard DLC Leak

Quick points:
  • The story revolves around the return of the vampire lord, Harkon, who wishes to use an Elder Scroll to blot out the sun.
  • Vampire lord and werewolf skill trees!
  • New homes, dependant on which side you choose: Castle Volkihar and Fort Dawnguard.
  • New Shouts, including Soul Tear, which raises the soul of a slain enemy to fight for you.
  • New enemies, including Legendary Dragons, Gargoyles, Death Hounds, and Armored Trolls.
  • One of the new locations will be Soul Cairn, a plane of Oblivion filled with undead.
  • Dragonbone weapons? (Mentioned on UESP but I haven't seen this anywhere else.)
  • Ability to change your character's appearance.

but where is castle volkihar all i can find is for d

I think the perk points used in the lycanthropy or vampire trees would remain there should you cure yourself. Think of it like spending perk points in light armor, and then deciding to use heavy armor instead. Curing lycanthropy or vampirism is as much a choice as is switching armor types, and part of that choice is cutting your losses in the perk points you've already used on those trees.
Game cannot allow you to reallocate those points, because they arent normal points, these points are received differently, you earn points to apply the measure that bites people.

Maverickhawx

"I'd be alot happier with a belly full of mead"
New to this, but does anybody else find that the vampire lords melee powers are generally underpowered & also the vampire drain life spell is very soft? Also, avoiding the obvious, can you only play in night time, even when your in human form? Cause whenever I go outside, Magika, Health and Stamina, do not regen? So confused!!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts