• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
meh.ro9891.jpg

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
I don't remember if any of the links had this info already, so I'll post it anyway.

Per GameInformer | Issue 231 | Date July 2012

(My thoughts are in white):

Vampires:
1. "Each fort will provide the player with unique benefits," says Carofano. "The Dawnguard will build new weapons and armor to fight vampires, including crossbows. The vampires can grant the player bonuses to vampiric powers and give blood potions, which heal and count towards feeding." Kind of kills the whole "thrill of the hunt" for me, but I can see the blood potions being a helpful tool for those who aren't used to playing as a vampire.

2. "Townspeople will attack a vampire lord on sight, though this no longer happens if you are just a "regular" vampire." - Does this mean at Stage 4, the Townspeople are no longer hostile? Do we finally get to blend in?!

3. "Players can exit the vampire lord form at will, unlike the the werewolf form." HAPPY!!!

4. "One ability, vampiric grip, suspends an enemy in the air with telekinesis as you drain it's health. Other powers include hovering above the ground and turning in to a swarm of bats." Can't wait! Feels like Dracula a bit, minus his giant wolf form.

Werewolves:
1. "Own unique perk tree, complete with abilities with names like "animal vigor" and "savage feeding." One power, called "totem of the moon," let's players summon ally werewolves with a howl." I may have to play as a werewolf. These perks sound amazing.

Something I found interesting:
"By killing foes with your powers, you can continue to learn new vampire and werewolf skills. This approach means that all players can see what these forms offer, despite the fact that gaining standard perks might be difficult (or impossible) for high-level characters." So does this mean high level characters are screwed?

Necromis

Oh and one small issue. Your perk tree for Vamps is wrong, I found that one too, but there is a new and accurate one out there, now. Also Dragon weapons will do more damage than Daedric.

SaveVsBedWet

I'm severely worried about the very real possibility that the DLC will break and force me to uninstall the 4 sextillion texture, post processing, and other mods that I have on my game and either reinstall them after they are updated or start a new character without them. The Skyrim scripting thing continuously has to be bypassed every time there's an update to the executable until the devs that make it catch up.

Or worse - the NMM itself fails to operate until further notice.

Of COURSE I would love to hear there will be no effect whatsoever! What are you thinking?! :eek:

TJohnson

Torbjorn
Thanks for sharing the video - it's a must buy for me now

Chryss

TJohnson

Torbjorn
Yeah and I'm glad it says they've put a lot of other stuff in their too, like side quests and extra stuff that make it seem more like an expansion than an add-on.

My characters don't tend to be evil though, so I'd probably be more excited about the Dawnguard side and the additional werewolf features

Mahone

Does anyone know if you have to be a normal vampire before becoming a vamp lord? because being a normal vampire sucks

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
No idea, maybe? unless you go through some change and you're an auto lord, But I want that evil vampire's armour, the one with that cape.

TJohnson

Torbjorn
No you don't - you can be normal or a werewolf or a vampire it doesn't matter

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts