• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Haven't seen the latest Dawnguard details anywhere on the forums yet, so... here, have some links!

Skyrim Dawnguard Information Blowout
Skyrim Dawnguard Details
Dawnguard DLC Leak

Quick points:
  • The story revolves around the return of the vampire lord, Harkon, who wishes to use an Elder Scroll to blot out the sun.
  • Vampire lord and werewolf skill trees!
  • New homes, dependant on which side you choose: Castle Volkihar and Fort Dawnguard.
  • New Shouts, including Soul Tear, which raises the soul of a slain enemy to fight for you.
  • New enemies, including Legendary Dragons, Gargoyles, Death Hounds, and Armored Trolls.
  • One of the new locations will be Soul Cairn, a plane of Oblivion filled with undead.
  • Dragonbone weapons? (Mentioned on UESP but I haven't seen this anywhere else.)
  • Ability to change your character's appearance.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Dragonbone weapons would be lovely. And I love they are bringing in a feature to change your character's appearance for console users. And a plane of Oblivion?! Hell yea!

skyrimboy89

"The ultimate rpg......er"
Not only am i excited for the new perks, characters, and home's, but also the dragon bone weapons which no doubt will be in the new content judging by the look of the bow in the Dawngaurd trailer at 0:50 and because of all this new stuff i signed up for the beta as soon as it came out.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
And I love they are bringing in a feature to change your character's appearance for console users.

Half of me is relieved, because I'll finally be able to fix this or that miniscule detail that annoys me even though I hardly ever see my character's face. But the other half is terrified of how much time I'll spend tweaking their faces in an impossible quest for perfection. Sigh.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Half of me is relieved, because I'll finally be able to fix this or that miniscule detail that annoys me even though I hardly ever see my character's face. But the other half is terrified of how much time I'll spend tweaking their faces in an impossible quest for perfection. Sigh.

I can spend hours on the regular character creation screen. I have an Argonian character I'd like to tweak, glad I didn't just flat out delete him now.

I'm interested about the new enemies as well. The Gargoyles are what is really getting me excited, I just wonder how they are going to fit into everything. And a new dragon? Man, beasties all around!

skyrimboy89

The new enemy's more dangerous and more aggressive, i mean c'mon a deep sea diving dragon!
Plus the details in this download look good hopefully there wont be tooooo many glitches

I am excited about the 2 new houses, the new shouts, gargoyles, hell hounds and armored trolls.
I was very disappointed in being a werewolf because I am weaker as a one than my character in Daedric armor with heavy armor perks and weopons/magick plus you can't drink a health potion while in werewolf form.
I haven't been a vampire. A crossbreed would get me excited.
New dragons? I'm sure I am a huge minority but dragon attacks and fighting them are not much fun for me.

I would have love to have more NPCs everywhere. The ability to reinstate NPCs who are dead or at least new characters taking over stands and stores. Oh and more NPC dialogues.

I am just glad something new is afoot. I love this game. Can't wait for this!

skyrimboy89

Being a werewolf has it's benefits but im worried about the silver bolt's they will have and wonder if i should hold out being a vampire till the download comes out so i can get used to no sunlight.

Maybe they are including a respec option for perk points.

*******Spoiler- ish (Lycanthropy- related)******

Since they're going to have a Lycanthropy tree, what would happen to the perk points in that tree if the player decides to cure it? Would the points burn off or would the game allow you to reallocate those points. If they allow reallocation- maybe they allow respec of all perk points at some ( hopefully significant) cost.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Since they're going to have a Lycanthropy tree, what would happen to the perk points in that tree if the player decides to cure it? Would the points burn off or would the game allow you to reallocate those points.

I think the perk points used in the lycanthropy or vampire trees would remain there should you cure yourself. Think of it like spending perk points in light armor, and then deciding to use heavy armor instead. Curing lycanthropy or vampirism is as much a choice as is switching armor types, and part of that choice is cutting your losses in the perk points you've already used on those trees.

I think the perk points used in the lycanthropy or vampire trees would remain there should you cure yourself. Think of it like spending perk points in light armor, and then deciding to use heavy armor instead. Curing lycanthropy or vampirism is as much a choice as is switching armor types, and part of that choice is cutting your losses in the perk points you've already used on those trees.
I suppose they will also have created a way to regian lycanthropy should you have cured it. Duh-doy! Unsure of what I was thinking.

Verac

as excited for dawnguard as i am, i want these huge glitches fixed. such as the most annoying. *SPOILERS* skor from the companions dying in the main quest then resurrecting and my harbinger status is gone and im a mead fetching "whelp" i think this is the second or third time ive killed him and hes resurrected...i worked hard to become harbinger, id like to be referred to as such.

If we are given more perk points I will be using them on other perks and skipping the lycanthropy tree.
This would be a bummer for those cured of lycanthropy and cannot be a werewolf.

KITTEH

Khajiit
Not only am i excited for the new perks, characters, and home's, but also the dragon bone weapons which no doubt will be in the new content judging by the look of the bow in the Dawngaurd trailer at 0:50 and because of all this new stuff i signed up for the beta as soon as it came out.

You too! Lol :D

I have deleted my Argonian characters over and over, wasting hours of progress. I finally think I have it right... and only THEN do I here about this?! Turd.

PelagiusIV

You don't get any additional points to use for the vampire/werewolf tree. Those tree's are separate from the current one's. I'll try to find the link later and post it, but you gain points for those tree's only while in vampire or werewolf form.

skyrimboy89

Ok todd howard recently confirmed that there will be a set of dragon weapons OOOHHH MYYY GODDD(in other words i'm freaking out)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts