• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SaveVsBedWet

OK...I'm fairly certain this issue is directly related to the "follower-won't-leave-you" bug, usually in conjunction with Companion quests. I had an issue awhile back where Farkas kept running after me, even if I told him to "part ways". He eventually ticked me off enough that I killed him - big mistake. I think the game still thinks Farkas is following me, though he's lying face-down/ass-up in a meadow somewhere. This is unfixable, and several other forums indicate that unless you go back to a save point before the "event" you can't undo it by waiting, taking on other follower quests, or by any other means. I guess I'll have to shelf Skyrim in favor of other means of entertainment until a patch comes out for this issue, since it's now brought the Dawnguard quest to complete halt. Thanks Bethesda...great programming.

Can't even fix it with the console or the Skyrim Resource Kit or whatever that allows you to set the flags and variables for every NPC in the game directly?! I used the official editor (whatever its name was mentioned above) to go in and make several followers marriage capable who were not as well as to change their appearance. Seems you should be able to also change the flags associated with whether or not you have followers as well as whether or not a particular character has been marked a follower.

Eduardo

if you are playing in pc use the console comand to set your followers to o , just type: "set playerfollowercount to 0" whitout the quotation marks

Nighthiker77

Any multiple follower mod will fix it too. I walked right in with Serena, Selene, and Hannah, all the way into the soul cairn. Xfo is the one I use

azraelx2

ok people.. I don't know if this solution have already been told, but what I did (ps3) when Serana told me to get rid of the interloper, was just let 24 hs to pass by, just beside her... select, put 24hs and when the day is gone, just talk to her... is that easy.. (and who could tell about it)I read a lot of different solutions, including killing your wife.. haha...
hope it works for u 2...

DigiGuy777

In the Chasing Echoes quest, I'm at the point where I'm supposed to "Speak to Serana" at the castle. So I meet her there, speak to her, and no matter what I do, after the prliminary greeting and my request to enter the castle's secret entrance, she says: "Well, I don't just take anyone... Get rid of this interloper and you and I can be on our way. I'll wait for you at the dock." My problem is that there is absolutely NO ONE else around. It doesn't matter if I speak to her at Dawnguard, at the Castle, or anywhere in between - she says the same thing. I have tried killing anyone within a half-mile radius - no joy. I've tried dropping everything I own, thinking maybe she's sensing a random soul in my inventory - no luck there either. No matter what I do, I can't get any other dialogue out of her, nor can I move forward with this quest, which is holding up the main quest, as well. Any one else encounter this?

I had the same issue... Finally I gave up and used the ( setstage ) console command to get me through so I could continue on. Once I did that, she then would follow me to the back side of the castle where the entrance is and I could go through the door. So far everything else is working fine.

type setstage DLC1VQ04 20

I got this info from this website it's helped me through alot of bug issues. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Chasing_Echoes

Hope this helps.

Jobidiah

I have the fix!!! Just wait for 24 hours 3 times. Then fast travel to Castle Volkihar and talk to Serena and you are good to go.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts