• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Skarv

So I still don't have the DLC, since I use a PS3, and I am trying to make a Dawnguard character and a Volkihar character. The Volkihar was the easiest, I picked a Dark Elf female named Celice and she uses Illusion magic along with Archery and One Handed, although I am starting to not choose Archery, so if anyone has any wisdom please help me with also. For the Dawnguard character I don't know what to do! I heard you can get *SPOLIER* a Rune Axe and a Rune Shield? and they are supposedly a Paladin weapon and shield, so I could be a Templar and kill Undead, Werewolves, and of course Vampires, but since you get phenomenal perks for the Werewolf I can also go a Vampire Hunter, except I will be a werewolf to that. Anyone have any tips?

Kage

I'm not the best person for builds, as I just do whatever. However, for your Vampire, I recommend getting Necromage, it basically doubles all your enchantments and spells that effect you. So every boost enchantment and the like gets doubled, making you twice as strong.

Go ahead and check that link out, it should help you with your Vampire. When I want to make a specific build, I always listen to this guy's vids for advice.

Here's a build for your paladin. Hope I helped.

Skarv

Thanks, you helped a lot but I am still trying to decide whether to do Archery with Illusion or no Archery, and being a Werewolf and not being one!

Kage

Go with illusion and archery, I don't think you can go wrong with that combination. There isn't any reason you shouldn't be a Werewolf, there are no cons to being one, unlike the Vampire. if there isn't any reason you shouldn't, then why not?

Skarv

Wait, will it effect my Vampire Lord gameplay if I don't even put 1 point into Magicka, meaning it stays at 100, or will it make me horrible? I already have an Assassin but I'm not sure I want to add Illusion because I remember hating that school of magic

Skarv

Oh, because the Templar or Paladin hunts undead, werewolves, and vampires, so it would be kind of weird for a Werewolf/Undead/Vampire hunter to be a werewolf :p

Skarv

The thing I hate about Illusion is it makes most Assassin perks worth nothing, oh well I might just have to tinker around some more and maybe think of another way....

J

Jeremius

i am trying to come up with a good build for my first Dawnguard character, will have six, three DG heroes, the Volkihar Villains.

Skarv

Yeah, same with me I have no idea what to play, or to even make a specific Dawnguard character.

J

Jeremius

right now i have an imperial Paladin (uses 2-handed instead of the traditional paladin arms) and a bosmer Ranger girl who will marry the Steel Heart and use twin axes. She will also be a werewolf.

the advice i can give is pick a theme for the character then build them around that theme.

Subtle

An Unexpected Ally
Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but I wanted to say that the Dawnguard isn't really a "noble paladin" thing. They're more like witchhunters if you know what I mean. I'm talking Crossbows, Restoration, Destruction (only use runes though, and try and use Destruction more like a utility rather than rely on it), One handed, Heavy Armor etc. Stuff like that. Also, the Dawnguard really only hunts vampires; they have no problem with werewolves and the like.

As for your nightblade vampire I totally understand your problem. In Illusion, I would only really worry about invisibility, and maybe calm. The rest is totally optional (invisibility is an expert level spell by the way). I would also invest in conjuration for the bound bow and maybe the bound sword. The rest is just a regular assassin build meaning sneak, archery, and one handed. You'll be playing pretty much the same way, only you've got Illusion to back you up.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts