dawnguard/bloodline bug can not go through door

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Godsarecrazy

ps4/special edition. in bloodline quest with serana at front door, guard opened gate but now the door does not open. does anyone have a solution?

This page has a few useful tips. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Bloodline

I take it you're on about the gate at Castle Volikhar? If so, this is a known bug. You are playing on a console so most of the easy fixes don't apply. You may have no choice but to load an earlier save and try again.

Are you using any mods? One interesting point on that page is that mods that effect NPC behaviour can cause this glitch.

After that, I'm clutching at straws, like fast travelling away making a new save, reloading and going back to castle Volikhar. On occasions I've had NPCs not behaving as scripted and in frustration I've walloped them with unrelenting force or a weapon and it worked. Of course, it could go wrong and they might all attack you, so save before thumping them!

Godsarecrazy

thanks for your reply. the problem is not the gate at the castle but the door after the gate. i no longer have any saves that go back before i met serana. It appears to me that the door just does not have an active hotspot on it that allows it to open, when clicking on the the door message. i will try attacking serana and the door guard in various ways and see if that helps. If all else fails i will just continue the game without completing the dawnguard quest, and keep serana with me until,or if, she decides to leave me. i hope serana's clan of vampires are not the ones responsible for killing the various holds citizens, or that could cause some problems eventually. thanks again for your help. i will let you know if the attack options work. not using any mods. as far as i know i have no way of entering any console commands on the ps4, so those other posted messages, re:console command fixes, can not work for me.

Godsarecrazy

attacking the guard/serana does not accomplish anything. if at some point i decide to restart the game at the beginning i will make sure to keep some long term saves from before starting the dawnstar scenario and from before i free serana from her sarcophagus

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts