Dawngaurd Build. Long and detailed. Contains Spoilers.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Hey guys, a little bit about me first, I've been playing Skyrim since 11/11/11 but have only been playing on master difficulty for about a year now and I've got to say its easily my favorite game. I've done like 99% of the quests most of them way more than once, restarted, literally countless times and tried many class types and skill/race combinations. It just occurred to me that I've never suggested a class build so here's a first hope you like it!!. My personal favorite of many.

Race: Nord
Ok, admittedly not the best race for this class, no, scratch that its one of the worst for this class but they're my personal favorite so Nord it is. A high elf, Breton or Imperial would be technically better choices.
Optional but appearance wise I prefer a male, I'll explain later.

Name: Hajvar
Again optional.

Skills
One handed: primary
Restoration: primary
Enchanting: primary
Heavy Armor: secondary
Block: secondary
Smithing: secondary

Attributes
Don't put any in Magicka, and keep your Health at double your Stamina.

Ok so One Handed: A must have as it works well with Restoration and block, also my weapon of choice for this class is one handed but more on equipment later.

Restoration: your going to have a lot of health anyway but this is still a major part of this build, it has plenty of spells for dealing with undead which will be your main enemy, and a few powerful spells against vampires sold by the dawnguard are Restoration. Also the respite perk helps those power attack loving characters who won't have as much stamina as they're used to. Also the necromage perk which keeps those weaker restoration spells that cost less magicka, viable for longer in the game AND makes those restoration enchantments used against undead, turn undead for example, 50% stronger.

Enchanting: Ok enchanting is an a**h**e to master, but once you have it pays HUGE dividends, plus its a great way to make money a petty soul gem which can be bought for 30 gold and an iron dagger which are literally found everywhere can make a novice enchanter around 350 gold profit, no sweat, just find a damage stamina enchantment early, disenchant that bad boy then rack up as many iron daggers and souls as possible you will be there in no time. Enchant a weapon with a lesser soul gem with soul trap and go a hunting.

Heavy armor: Heavy armor = more protection. Nuff said, you can go light if you like, but, the best dawnguard armor parts are heavy, full helmet, dawnguard shield etc.

Block: a great skill and very useful against vampires, as they like casting spells, a little shield bash up close followed by a couple sword swings and its all over, the elemental protection and shield runner perks also helps close the distance, if you don't feel like exchanging a few spells of your own.

Smithing: You don't really need to master this skill if you don't feel like it, but you do have to get it to at least 60 you should get the arcane blacksmith and advanced armor perks then leave it as that, come back to it later if you've sorted out the rest of your skills.

Training:
Ok this makes the character, early game get yourself a soul trap one handed weapon and get the enchanting skill up early, base yourself around Whiterun and join the companions(not necessary but very useful) advance quickly and become a werewolf, I personally like the whole werewolf/ vampire rivalry, plus you get 100% disease resistance to stop that vampire disease annoyance. Get as much training as possible from the companions to get those one handed, block and heavy armor skills up. Also Eurlond Graymane can get your smithing up, get them all to 51 for now as training prices rise dramatically after that. In Whiterun, find the priestess to Kynareth and complete her quest, she's a master Restoration trainer, again get it to 51.

Mid Game:
You should be a good level by now and you may have found Meridias Beacon by now if not don't worry it will pop up in a chest as random loot soon once you have it bring it to Meridea and “Cleanse” her temple she will give you Dawn Breaker, this will be your main weapon against the vampire menace. Once you have it you're ready to join the dawnguard!!, I'm not going to talk you through it but to summarize it up get yourself some dawnguard heavy armour, upgrade it with your advanced armor perk, and upgrade Dawnbreaker with your Arcane blacksmith perk, Dawnbreaker has a powerful enchantment against vampires, causing them to explode upon death harming other undead and sending them reeling in terror, also it looks f*****g awsome :D. Plus the necromage perk makes Dawnbreakers enchantment 50% stronger. Get the sunlight spells from the Dawnguard and once your enchanting reaches 100 double enchant your equipment as follows:
Torso:
Fortify Restoration 25%
Resist Magic 20%

Boots:
Fortify One Handed 40%
Fortify Block 40%

Gauntlets:
Fortify One Handed 40%
Fortify Magicka 62

Necklace:
Fortify Restoration 25%
Resist Magic 20%

Ring:
Fortify Restoration 25%
Resist Magic 20%

Dawnguard Helmet cannot be enchanted. Also cool looking optional, carry an apprentices hood it looks great on a male character wearing Dawnguard armour. :)

Oh and as for what stone to use, I would say either the Lord stone, or if you feel as though you're defensive enough use the, Ritual stone, vampires like to revive there dead comrades and beating them to the punch as soon as one goes down makes a fight a lot easier on you and you can cast it without aiming or using up one of your hands.

Ok I think that's it, please leave a comment if you like it and if you have any suggestions I'd like to hear it also before anyone states it, I know that I left out a ranged attack and I usually always have one in my builds, but this time I went without and it honestly wasent that different but I'll leave that choice to you. If you have any questions please comment.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts