1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Dawnbreaker: How to get one of the best early-game weapons

Discussion in 'Skyrim Guides and Tutorials' started by Robert M, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Robert M New Member

Message Count:
    Dawnbreaker was one of my favorite weapons when my character was in the early-game stages. Up to level 25 or so, this is one of the better swords in the game. I just published an article on how to obtain it, characteristics of the weapon etc: Skyrim: How to Get the Sword Dawnbreaker
    Some of my best times in Skyrim involved raiding ancient Nord tombs so that I could hunt down Draugr with Dawnbreaker. Nothing quite like blasting undead to smithereens or watching them flee from you in terror as they burn from Meridia's holy fire! One of my favorite combos up till level 30, was employing Dawnbreaker and the Pale Blade in a dual-wielding attack. Pretty lethal.
  2. TheEyeBuster Member

Message Count:
    Whats the Pale Blade?
  3. Clau The Fateless One

Message Count:
    Pale Blade is a uniquely named ancient nord sword found in the Frostmere crypt where you have to complete the quest that goes along with it. Essentially frost damage + terror effect.

Thanks for the guide Robert M.
  4. Robert M New Member

Message Count:
  5. Neriad13 Premium Member

Message Count:
    Heck, I'm level 38 and I'm still using the Dawnbreaker. It's one of the few swords that I've found that repeatedly proves to be effective against vampires in those times when I find myself in a melee with them. I recently chose it over even an ebony sword. Though I must confess that I did cheat to obtain it and still feel badly about that. :oops:
  6. Robert M New Member

Message Count:
    You're right. Dawnbreaker is still great to use at higher levels also. I just think it's one of the best weapons against the undead period. Plus, I never get tired of that explosion when it goes off on those poor draugr or vampires. Too much fun!
    • Agree Agree x 1