Dawnbreaker: How to get one of the best early-game weapons

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Robert M

Dawnbreaker was one of my favorite weapons when my character was in the early-game stages. Up to level 25 or so, this is one of the better swords in the game. I just published an article on how to obtain it, characteristics of the weapon etc: Skyrim: How to Get the Sword Dawnbreaker
Some of my best times in Skyrim involved raiding ancient Nord tombs so that I could hunt down Draugr with Dawnbreaker. Nothing quite like blasting undead to smithereens or watching them flee from you in terror as they burn from Meridia's holy fire! One of my favorite combos up till level 30, was employing Dawnbreaker and the Pale Blade in a dual-wielding attack. Pretty lethal.

Clau

The Fateless One
Pale Blade is a uniquely named ancient nord sword found in the Frostmere crypt where you have to complete the quest that goes along with it. Essentially frost damage + terror effect.

Thanks for the guide Robert M.

Neriad13

Premium Member
Heck, I'm level 38 and I'm still using the Dawnbreaker. It's one of the few swords that I've found that repeatedly proves to be effective against vampires in those times when I find myself in a melee with them. I recently chose it over even an ebony sword. Though I must confess that I did cheat to obtain it and still feel badly about that. :oops:

Robert M

You're right. Dawnbreaker is still great to use at higher levels also. I just think it's one of the best weapons against the undead period. Plus, I never get tired of that explosion when it goes off on those poor draugr or vampires. Too much fun!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts