• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Here's a game related question for you Gidian. How does one get summoned to fight for the Mirror Knight? So far, I've only seen NPCs come out of his shield, but I thought it was supposed to be other players?
I'm not 100% sure, but if you and someone else select the same god/goddess with the engraved ring, it will increase your chances. I'm pretty sure it works like the randomness of normal invasions and things. I have no idea how to get summoned for it though, and have only ever gotten NPCs myself (not that I am complaining).

Clau

The Fateless One
I'm on the PS3. Just downloaded the patch released this week.
NOOOOOOO!! Y u no b on 360?! Now we can't co op :sadface:

Yeah, that would have been awesome. But I'm moving to the PC soon enough. You on the Xbox, Kohlar the Unkilled with the PS3 and me with the PC, we can exchange information about bug fixes or perhaps common facts found with the patches.

Clau

The Fateless One
Wish me luck guys, I'm gonna fight the Ancient Dragon later. :Dragonborn:

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I didn't actually fight the ancient dragon with my first guy. It wasn't hostile, so I let it be. I meant to go back and fight it, but there were a few things left undone with that character. By the time I beat the final boss, I was so eager to start a new build that those things were left undone. This time around I'll do everything that I can do, then advance to NG+. My next boss is the Demon of Songs. What a hideous creature that is! I look forward to putting it out of it's misery.

Staff member
I didn't actually fight the ancient dragon with my first guy. It wasn't hostile, so I let it be. I meant to go back and fight it, but there were a few things left undone with that character. By the time I beat the final boss, I was so eager to start a new build that those things were left undone. This time around I'll do everything that I can do, then advance to NG+. My next boss is the Demon of Songs. What a hideous creature that is! I look forward to putting it out of it's misery.
I hate the Demon of Song. It was using the Milfanito as bait.

Clau

The Fateless One
Finally beat that Dragon after my 4th try. Swordsman lvl 66 constantly chopping on its hind legs all game.

Died from its aerial fire twice that has a large area of effect. :oops:

A one time stomp also did me in. :D

Staff member
Finally beat that Dragon after my 4th try. Swordsman lvl 66 constantly chopping on its hind legs all game.

After about 7 flawless victories, the fat bastar* finally managed to break my streak. Killed me six times (for reasons I felt were extreme BS), and I died another six times trying to get to him. Needless to say, I was foaming at the mouth angry by that point. I lost a total of over 300k souls during this process, and tomorrow when I play again I will be slaughtering every as*hole in that place until they go extinct.

Clau

The Fateless One

After about 7 flawless victories, the fat bastar* finally managed to break my streak. Killed me six times (for reasons I felt were extreme BS), and I died another six times trying to get to him. Needless to say, I was foaming at the mouth angry by that point. I lost a total of over 300k souls during this process, and tomorrow when I play again I will be slaughtering every as*hole in that place until they go extinct.

Dark Souls does this to us. Embrace the inner darkness, let the hatred flow from within. All shall tremble before your wake. :D

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I wish I could bring Kohlar out of Skyrim and into Drangleic. I know that he would not rule with such ease, but that's ok. He would summon Karstaag to help against the giants. Imagine, a Giant God from one realm battling a Gaint Lord from another. He would summon Durnehviir to battle with dragons. Kohlar would build a Heljarchen Hall in Majula, brew his own mead there, become head of his own covenant, and not stop fighting until the curse was broken. Then he would return to his wife and easy life in Skyrim, leaving his summon sign in Drangleic near the Throne of Want. In time he would be deified, and like everything else in the realm of Dark Souls, his origins would be forgotten.

Staff member
I changed my mind. It's probably Lordran. I am undecided atm, need to find more info.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Remember in the 1st game how in the DLC, Oolacile was in the distant past, yet took place in the same area that Lordran occupied? At that point, the land still had some of the same topology, especially at the forest/Darkroot Garden area. In the new game, the only parallel that I can find layout wise, (and it's someone else who pointed this out), is that in the first game, Blighttown lies under and slightly off to the side of Firelink. In the new game, the gutter sits almost directly below Majula. It is conceivably the same horrible area.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
What has made you change your mind?

Also, where the heck is Smough? Ornstien is still around...

I'm hoping for a DLC that, like the 1st DLC, goes back in time. To between the end of the 1st game and now. Something recognizable from the 1st game, that connects the two stories perhaps.

And another thing... WHERE are the primordial serpents?? So many questions.

Staff member
Because, a PALE DRAGON that once called DRANGLEIC his home is specifically mentioned, and the Old One's soul isn't taken from the spider, it's taken out from under the corpse of a HUGE pale and BLIND dragon. Plus, NG+ will reveal even more.

Staff member
I believe the Primordial Serpents were acting indirectly through you know who (the bit**!). They didn't really have a need to make themselves known. But that will change now that she is dead, similar to what happens after we slay the Four Kings.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Mmmhmm. If Frampt or Kaathe pop up in NG+, that would be amazing. Won't happen though. Nashandra does look like the bride of Nito. Or great great great great granddaughter.

Velstadt looks suspiciously like Garl Vindland. Is this simply a stylistic "shout out" to Demon's Souls? Or a hint of something more..? Perhaps Garl Vindland, (protector and guardian of Maiden Astrea), is a distant relative of Velstadt's.

Staff member
Nashandra is either a piece of Manus's soul or the piece of some other father of the abyss.

The other thing is a shoutout to Demon's Souls, though you could RP it however you wanted.

Edit: The serpents almost certainly don't make an appearance. At least, not one that has been found yet. Also, The Rotten isthe one connected to Nito.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I know Nashandra isn't directly related to Nito, but stylistically she really resembles him. Body made up of skeletons, and such. The Rotten supposedly carries the same ancient soul as Nito, hence your reference. That's interesting because they're so different. The only similarity is that they're both made of bodies; Nito of skeletons, The Rotten of writhing fleshed bodies, (which is pleasantly disturbing in appearance).

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I'm surprised that there aren't more Skyrim folks that are into Dark Souls like we are. Tis a shame, really.

I know this much for certain though. I will eventually get back to Skyrim, and it will be awesome anew. Skyrim and Dark Souls; each offers something the other does not. Between the two franchises, what other gaming does one need?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts