• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I've just been approached by Lucien. I really didn't intend to do the Dark Brotherhood, because I assume that it's geared toward the 'sneaky assassin' type, which my character is not. And yet I've seen it stated many times just how good the quest line is. So, I'm conflicted. Would you recommend a character such as mine, a 'Blade Mage' in light armor with virtually no sneaking skills, get involved with LaChance and the Night Mother? Yes or no, and why? :beermug:

On a side note, I was amused by LaChance. He speaks all conspiratorial and low-voiced when he makes his proposition, then I asked him about rumors and he broke character, reverting to a very upbeat, normal sounding person! I just thought that was funny.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Just remember not to piss them off, it isn't like Skyrim where you pay a little fine to get back in. They send a wraith of Sithis after you if you break the rules.

I know that this is the Oblivion subforum, but in the Skyrim DB they do have a Destruction Mage and a Two Handed Warrior in the guild. I guess there are sometimes when you need a bit more power for particular marks.

Guild? They're nothing like the Dark Brotherhood of Oblivion. Bunch of cut throats with no pride.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
A guild is an association of people for mutual aid or the pursuit of a common goal.

So shouldn't be to loosely since that is what they are, since the cultist aspect has lessened in Skyrim at least.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Very well. I just don't want to go through what my first character in Skyirm did, having to pay fines to the guards after almost every kill because I wasn't sneaky. The guards on Oblivion are even worse than the ones in Skyrim, seemingly materializing from nowhere!

I'll give LaChance, a chance. :beermug:

hershangames

Just remember not to piss them off, it isn't like Skyrim where you pay a little fine to get back in. They send a wraith of Sithis after you if you break the rules.

Guild? They're nothing like the Dark Brotherhood of Oblivion. Bunch of cut throats with no pride.
I know it's a bit too late but:
-It's not that they're simple cutthroats, it's just that they're not so this fanatics, they have more personality
-If you're not a sneaky type, you can still play DB well, but you're gonna have a hard time. However, this isn't like Skyrim, if you kill someone in a closed room with noone else, nobody knows. So I'd say you give it a shot.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Felidae

The White Wanderer
-It's not that they're simple cutthroats, it's just that they're not so this fanatics, they have more personality
You reckon? I thought the characters in Oblivion's Dark Brotherhood were much more interesting than Skyrim's (with the exception of Babette, of course). I actually felt really bad when I performed the Purification quest in Oblivion and yet I didn't give a monkey's when Penitus Oculatus massacred the entire Falkreath Sanctuary.

hershangames

I still haven-t advanced much in oblivion's DB so I don't really know that much but Nazir, Vezaara and Astrid were quite interesting I think.

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

Felidae

The White Wanderer
Ah, I see. In that case I highly recommend speaking to each member before carrying out contracts because they'll give you different advice on how to assassinate your target, as well as relate little life stories. The Orc is especially amusing.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
No it's not too late, as I haven't done any of the quests yet, except killing that first guy. I'm waiting until after I complete the main quest, which I'm taking my time doing since it went rather quickly the first time. :beermug:

hershangames

Ah, I see. In that case I highly recommend speaking to each member before carrying out contracts because they'll give you different advice on how to assassinate your target, as well as relate little life stories. The Orc is especially amusing.
Oh, thanks for the advice. When the vampire guy(can't believe I forgot his name) told me to do so I didn't listen 'cause in Skyrim Nazir and Vezaara are the only ones who actually answer your question, but if oblivion's like that then I'll start questioning them.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

lyndi_dather

Spell Slinging Derp
Also, keep in mind some of the peeps give optional quests that yield some cool rewards. Do it before you complete the Dark Brotherhood, trust me, you will understand after. Also, do all the optional parts of a main mission, the rewards are awesome and unique.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts