Spoiler Dark Brotherhood quests - how to avoid bounties?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

mellojoe

Ok, I have logged just at 100 hours on my current character. I've done all the other storylines, and so now I'm on to the Dark Brotherhood. In all my time in Skyrim, I've amassed very few bounties throughout the nine holds. Lifetime, I'm at less than 2,000. And that includes entering peoples homes without permission. So, I'm playing VERY clean.

Except, now, each of the quests I seem to come across for the Dark Brotherhood requires me to kill someone. And it seems as if all of them stand around in plain sight of a thousand guards. I've waited hours adn hours and followed them into their houses, and yet they scream as they are dying and guards come running in.

I've pulled the "I'm a Thane" as I'm known in all the cities/holds. I've done the Thief's Guild stuff, so I've done the bribery thing. It just seems as if I still end up having guards chase me.

Are there any tips to avoiding getting "caught" and getting new bounty on my head? Any help at all trying to keep this character clean?

Demented_Demon

Full time badass
Use the stealth equitment they gave you, and steath kill them. Its easy to do it with a good bow, or from behind due wielding two powerfull wepons (or one one handed, whichever deals the most damage).

Sunnie

Happy Mask Saleswoman
Most of the contracts you can do stealthily, so killing them while sneaking with no one watching you. You can sneak up behind them and slit their throat with a dagger (or a sword) or use a bow to kill them from a distance. I always found it difficult killing stealthily with a bow, I almost always went with slitting their throat.
There are some contracts you have to do that you pretty much can't get away with doing stealthily and the guards (and townsfolk) will inevitably come after you and try to kill you. I guess you just have to deal with it and run away until they've stopped trying to pursue you (you can check this by trying to fast travel, if they are still chasing after you, you won't be able to fast travel) and then on your next visit to wherever you killed the target, you'll be stopped by the guards ("you have committed crimes against Skyrim and her people--" blah) and you'll have to pay your bounty.

The quests are definately made in a way that you are capable of doing each of them without ever being seen. A couple are tricky such as the wedding assassination, but it's still possible. If you wait long enough most of your contracts will end up walking to somewhere alone or they will go to bed. Those are perfect times to strike. Having high sneak definately helps too like others have said.

Sunnie

Happy Mask Saleswoman
The quests are definately made in a way that you are capable of doing each of them without ever being seen. A couple are tricky such as the wedding assassination, but it's still possible. If you wait long enough most of your contracts will end up walking to somewhere alone or they will go to bed. Those are perfect times to strike. Having high sneak definately helps too like others have said.
I tried so many times at so many angles and places to kill Vittoria Vici stealthily whilst she was giving her speech on the balcony to get the bonus, I just wasn't able to do it. I was always being looked at somehow, even though nobody seemed to be looking at me. I just killed her by pushing the gargoyle statue off above her, everyone tried to kill me and I didn't even end up getting the bonus...so frustrating.

I tried so many times at so many angles and places to kill Vittoria Vici stealthily whilst she was giving her speech on the balcony to get the bonus, I just wasn't able to do it. I was always being looked at somehow, even though nobody seemed to be looking at me. I just killed her by pushing the gargoyle statue off above her, everyone tried to kill me and I didn't even end up getting the bonus...so frustrating.
I couldn't get that one either. But I have heard there is, on the opposite roof on top of the temple, a bow and a Potion of True Shot. I think that would be the ideal way to get her. It's tough, but I know people who have done it.

Sunnie

Happy Mask Saleswoman
I couldn't get that one either. But I have heard there is, on the opposite roof on top of the temple, a bow and a Potion of True Shot. I think that would be the ideal way to get her. It's tough, but I know people who have done it.
Ah, dang. I didn't see that. Would've saved me a lot of trouble too, those guards were chasing me for so long T__T

The Fallen Hero

Master Assassin; Hybrid
Try using a bow and some invisibility potions. They help in these types of situations.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts