Dark brotherhood overhaul

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shadowhunter377

Okay guys how's progress going? I've done a whiterun sanctuary and another sanctuary (Not sure which city it could go in). I've had alot of trouble with Navmeshing though so i've been researching alot on that. I've also been looking into adding a morag tong base inside of morrowind. It's been a while since i've played morrowind so i'm gonna play it again with the morrowind overhaul 3.0 when it comes out to get a good sense of what the base should be like..

I havn't read most posts yet so you may have planned new ideas and I dunno yet, so i'll read over them now ;)

Wedox

Well Shadow, the fact is we would like to start planning out the main campaign.

VirussxD

Id definitely use this. Oblivions DB was GREAT. Skyrims, was dissapointing to be honest. For example the Solitude mission where you kill the bride. It just didnt feel like I was assassinating someone, like it did just killing people in public. No stealth at all. PLEASE make more stealthy approaches to assassinations, or at least some variation besides "Run into the crowd and kill ____"

Wedox

Well, there is also the issue how the player wants to feel like, like a stereotypical ninja assassin or as a slaughtering berserk tanking his way, or maybe a mage assassin? That is one of the issues I have encountered while making an overview of the quests.

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
Wedox im thinking of redoing the markarth sanctuary because there is too many issues or unless you could fix them?

Wedox

Re-do it, but do not delete the old file, if you do not like your new concept you can go back to the old and fix things, i'll help if you want.

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
Re-do it, but do not delete the old file, if you do not like your new concept you can go back to the old and fix things, i'll help if you want.
Wedox if you could help that would be great ill start a new one anyway and see how it goes

Wedox

Are we able to send files through private message or the forum itself?

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
Name: "Shadow Scale Recruits"
Type: Find someone
Objective: Find Shadow Scales
Description: You have to get the quest from someone inside the Shrine of Sithis to find some shadow scales Falkreath you go and find them but there are two guards kill them and bring shadow scales back that will end the quest.

Reward: 450 gold

Name: "Freak Show"
Type: Free someone
Objective: Go to the freak show carnival in Falkreath
Description you get this quest from the shadow scales and they tell you that they were apart of a freak show from Morrowind and the two guards were making sure they didn't run away. The shadow scales tell you to find the freak show and free everyone else and there are... 2 Khajiits, 1 Orc and a mad Dumner. You have to go and free them but you a cant just go and free them because there are 2 jesters a illusionist and conjurer and finally the show host. You have to wait for the jester who are sitting at a table talking to each other who then get called away by the show host but they left the key on the table so you have to take it and get to the prisoners you will see the orc training he will tell you that the others are still locked up and he will ask you to get his sword out of chest it will be locked with adept lockings you then have to give the orc the sword and free the prisoners the illusionist will come and ask what you think your doing and the orc will kill her when you try to get away the 2 jesters will be walking around along with the conjurer and this is a bonus quest which is if you dont kill any of the show hosts exept from the illusionist so anyway you then have to get away but this is also scripted like the one with the illusionist the show host will stop you and attack you. Once youve killed him get the freak show back to the Shrine where you will get your reward.

Reward: 600 gold an enchanted weapon the the dagger of the poison heart drain 10 hp and the bonus the ring of the underworld +20 hp and magika and resistance to shock of 10%

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
Name: "Contracted Blood"
Type: Find someone
Objective: Give new recruit an initiation test
Description: You get the quest from a leader of the dark brotherhood and he/she will tell you to find a young lady named Alice Blood a female Wood elf. When you find Alice (she will be at a tavern away from any major cities) tell her you are a member of the dark brotherhood ( this must be done at night). She will be very happy and you then give her a note the leader gave you and she will tell you that it will be done that ends "Contracted Blood".

Reward: 500 gold

Now this is a 2 parter after a while the leader will tell you to check on her and go to the location you first met which will start " Checking the Blood " when you get there, there are patches of blood leading to the front door from upstairs . You then have to see the tavern owner and he will say that a mad woman started to attack one of his guests by biting her! You then have to follow the blood down the road were you will find a dead woman and if you carry on a man is dead as well and the blood carries on into a wood where 2 guards will be lying against a tree dead. Alice will be just standing next to the guards she will tell you that when she smelt the blood of her contract she couldn't resist and she bit her and the woman screamed and ran outside to where her husband is and they both began to run and she will tell she killed them both and noticed there were 2 guards after and she had to kill them as well.

She will begin to get into hysterics she will ask you to return to the leader and ask for help. The leader will tell you to go and bring her back to the sanctuary as she has proved her loyalty to Sithis. When you get back though you will see the girl dead drenched in her own blood. You then have to return to the leader and she will tell you to find out who did it and kill the person you can ask anyone at the inn and they will tell you it was and it was a member of the Solitude guards but he had gone away to do business and you will find him in the silver blood inn at his room in Markarth where you can kill him when no ones looking and return to the leader and that will end " Checking the Blood"

Reward: 1000 gold

Dequire

-Mage assasains will be in for a treat as i'm adding in new spells, creating ancient shrouded robes and adding unenchanted robes so you can make them to you personal choice. They're will be more ranged spells and more useful illusion spells to make the mage assasain class more balanced and fun.
...DAMNIT. I had JUST deleted my mage assassin!

Wedox

Its a shame i have no time to devote to this project, i really have some ideas.
But having education does its crap -.-.

Cave

been waiting for something like this after i finished it, the plot of it felt so.. dead :p (horrible pun) but yeah i didn't like it very much so i'll be looking forward to this :)

Epicazeroth

This is awesome! I played through the DB, and (like almost everyone else) I was kinda disappointed (esp. after you beat all the main quests, it gets boring), so this sounds awesome. Basically, I just wanted to say that and ask how far you've gotten.