Dark Brotherhood - disadvantages?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

theriel

Hello,
I play a mage. A bored overpowered mage who is looking for something new to do. I thought about taking Dark Brotherhood quests.

I have, however, a few questions:
1.What is the character of the Dark Brotherhood? Do they do "good" assassinations, or hmm... kill widows and orphans? :).
2.Are high sneaking/assassination related skills necessary to complete the quest-line? Can I just assassinate everyone with... a fireball?
3.What are the long-term DISADVANTAGES of joining the Dark Brotherhood? Do any of their quests frustrate any other quest-lines? Does killing the Emperor affect anything in any way (e.g. chances for joining Empire later on)?

Thank you for help!

andrea

1-anwering this will spoil a lot of stuff, in my opinion they aren't really "good"
2-you can kill people in any way you want, so those skills aren't necessary, I did the questline with my first char who is a two-handed weapon, heavy armor warrior.
3-there's a chance that you will kill some NPC that gives you a misc objective (no big deal IMO)

Doomy

Did the same:
1) Not really very good. Most are not too bad, but some are just plain murder
2) You can use your Magic quite often, especially at the beginning, it's more your skills than your skill levels. You will get a few levels of Sneak and Bow quite quick which should give you the few perks you need to get your backstab up.
3) None that I know of - I have killed the Emperor and Ulfric

BADASSARGONIAN

For me, since i killed the bride, i go to any major hold and they want to arrest me. However, before i joined
the brotherhood i did complete the stormcloak stroryline, dunno if that matters but its pretty annoying.

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.
1. It really depends on your point of view. I would say that the Dark Brotherhood isn't for you if the thought of killing innocents upsets you. Some would say that some of the contracts are 'justified', though.

2. The vast majority of the contracts can be completed in any way - using stealth, brutal combat, or the arcane. I would say that stealth is particularly helpful for some of the contracts if you want to earn a bonus, but it's never strictly necessary.

3. Highly unlikely. Most of your targets are little more than that.

Wraith

Being a Destruction mage for the Brotherhood works just fine, in fact one of the Brothers is exactly that and he talks about how fun it is to simply walk up to a target and fireball them in the face. When you join, there are some clothing armor options on the shelf at the entrance that are free for you.

1. There is no good or evil, there is only the contract. Most of the time you dont know the whole story for the kill, and the general idea is....you dont care. The fact that someone wants this person dead bad enough to form an effigy of them out of human bones, organs, and flesh, lay it out on the floor and then stab it while praying repeatedly for an assassin is really more than enough to go on.

2. Sneaking is not needed that much, but it will help. I would recommend the silent casting perk simply for the option. Remember also, most marks will eventually either go to bed alone or wander off by themselves if you follow them, and they dont know that you are there to kill them.

3. Occassionally a guard will say they recognize my armor, but other than that theres no "down side".

As for getting caught... I've been able to avoid being seen or caught on every kill except the "Big Boss Man". But I started off a Thief and then joined the brotherhood, so 'not being seen' is second nature at this point.

For the "White Wedding" mission, I'll give you the small hint of "Follow the instructions of the girl who is not".

brandon

i did the db with my first character. i enjoyed it alot. and who cares if its good or evil? thats your job. you kill for money. im a mage and once i decide to go to windhelm im gonna join them. i wanna see if i can still be paid for using fury on my target. if i dont get paid for that then ill lay down runes infront of my target.

BADASSARGONIAN

I cant wait to get my stealth better (its pretty good now, 70 with some of the perks) because guards
trying to arrest me everywhere i go sucks, i kill them then take off somewhere else.

Speech500

If you do want to learn more about it, The dark Brotherhood clan is reforming into something awesome, and it would be great if you were apart of it

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
I finished all but the NM recurring missions and have had no drawbacks. Other than missing Cicero since I offed him.

Speech500

You get cicero as a follower, if you don't kill him, but i didn't kill him and i haven't got him as a follower yet \:

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.
Cicero is hungry... need a sweetroll... or a carrot...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts