• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I'm part way through building Lakeview, just the basic layout and part of the structure done, no decorations and nothing beyond the defaults outside - I'm heading nearby and a little overencumbered so decide to stop in, drop off some stuff (including a nice, but heavy daedric mace I was given) and maybe build a little whilst there. I ride up and, from nowhere, 3 tough bandits appear. My guy is a lightly armed and armoured thief/assassin - great if I can sneak up people, which is nearly always, not so great if plunged into the middle of a melee with 3 foes. With no follower and no house-carl at the site my only option is to run away. I'm just lucky they never think to look in the chest or take over the house as a base :)

Are these guys set to spawn at a specific time/place? I think this is the first game I've not used fast travel, so I'm used to the bandit attacks (or worse) when teleporting in, not so much when walking or riding there.

I may have to get the housecarl or leave a follower in the area, just to be safe in future.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
It really won't make much of a difference if you have a housecarl, steward, wife, children, bard, etc... at your house. You will get attacked occassionally, regardless. And it's not just bandits: it can be wild animals, vampires or even giants.

I find that, at Lakeview it's about every 10 days (it's pretty much the same for me at the other properties as well).

I think you'll find your housecarl isn't a whole lot of good when it comes to defending your house. My wife, stewards and bards are better at fighting off foes frankly.

Generally though - once you've got everything built, I find that the only things that are in serious danger most of the time are your cows and chickens and, occassionally, your horse.

The baddies don't come inside to attack you so that's a plus, although I have come home and had a giant coming out of my store room wall. That was just plain weird. I even had bandits on my deck over my armory once but they weren't hostile until they came down.

Look forward to Dragon attacks at Lakeview. There is next to no fighting room when you've got something that big, although your horse and cow are really brave. :)

I now have the housecarl living there, and have brought Lydia in as a Steward. Between the two of them they should provide a little protection. The big problem was the attacks against the horse, especially during the delay in dismounting so with them around they can take some attention away whilst I prepare to fight.

I've not had any other encounters there yet so I'll see how that goes.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Lakeview is the busiest place for bandit/wolf/vampire/giant/dragon (and sometimes all at once) attacks. I have owned all three Hearthfire homes and that place is the worst for attacks. The other two you may get the occasional bandit and giant.

I have even had bandits INSIDE the Lakeview house. :eek:

Wildroses

I on occasion have also had the bandits attack me inside. Once it was because I was walking inside just as they spoke to me, so I had a bandit chief running around slashing at my son, although not for very long. Husband, steward, bard, housecarl and dog were not impressed.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I on occasion have also had the bandits attack me inside. Once it was because I was walking inside just as they spoke to me, so I had a bandit chief running around slashing at my son, although not for very long. Husband, steward, bard, housecarl and dog were not impressed.

Mine were already in my house when I fast traveled there.. I saw the three red dots and ran round and round the house until I realised that they were actually inside. Heh. My wife Shahvee, attacked them like a crazed thing.

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
I only had 1 bandit attack at Lakeview - I cleared out their nearby base and they've never returned, nor have the 2 bandits on the bridge across the road.

Now I've posted this I am fairly certain there will be bandit activity at Lakeview again - just to prove me wrong.

Lucid

I have so many problems with bandits, giants and dragons at Lakeview Manor that I stopped building it. I prefer Haljarchen Hall. I see bandits there rarely, and Gregor is a beast against them. I also once had a pack of wolves attack there, but have far fewer random attacks there than the other Hearthfire houses.

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
In my latest playthrough, I didn't even have to deal with the bandits on the bridge. A group of Thalmor cleared them out for me :)

I've never known the Thalmor be so helpful. They spend more time telling me something is none of my business or sending assassins after me.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
In my latest playthrough, I didn't even have to deal with the bandits on the bridge. A group of Thalmor cleared them out for me :)

I've never known the Thalmor be so helpful. They spend more time telling me something is none of my business or sending assassins after me.

Oh it was most helpful. Now when I run through there I don't even have to worry about arrows flying at me. It's the only Thalmor patrol I have come across so far and they had their hands full blasting bandits to even bat an eye at me.

sticky runes

I got back to Lakeview yesterday with Benor as my follower. Benor, my housecarl, my steward and my husband all slaughtered them without me having to strike a single blow.

One thing pisses me off though - why doesn't Rayya ever think to take out that dodgy sorcerer who hangs out at the stones in the back garden?

Rhew

The missing snow elf
It really won't make much of a difference if you have a housecarl, steward, wife, children, bard, etc... at your house. You will get attacked occassionally, regardless. And it's not just bandits: it can be wild animals, vampires or even giants.

I find that, at Lakeview it's about every 10 days (it's pretty much the same for me at the other properties as well).

I think you'll find your housecarl isn't a whole lot of good when it comes to defending your house. My wife, stewards and bards are better at fighting off foes frankly.

Generally though - once you've got everything built, I find that the only things that are in serious danger most of the time are your cows and chickens and, occassionally, your horse.

The baddies don't come inside to attack you so that's a plus, although I have come home and had a giant coming out of my store room wall. That was just plain weird. I even had bandits on my deck over my armory once but they weren't hostile until they came down.

Look forward to Dragon attacks at Lakeview. There is next to no fighting room when you've got something that big, although your horse and cow are really brave. :)

I've totally had the bandits appear inside my house! Freaked me out but my housecarl (Rayya), that stupid bard, Meeko, and my steward (Faendal) all finished off the bandits (while my kids ran screaming) before I could even figure out what the heck was happening.

Weirdly enough, and maybe this was because my main built Lakeview partly as a Vampire Lord - I have more of a problem with the Dawnguard. They spawn way more often than bandits, who to my knowledge have only spawned once. I've had dragon attacks about three times. And I took out that Necromancer in the back from my Alchemy Tower balcony - he hasn't been back since.. Hmm.
Oh and my main isn't even a VL anymore ironically. She switched back over to being a werewolf after getting sick of catching fire in the middle of the day (no joke). :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mett1982

The only house where I haven't encountered any enemies is Heljarchen Hall. Lakeview and Winstead manor seem to have the most enemies spawning around the home. I would get all sort of enemies outside Lakeview from bandits, giants and dragons. Maybe it's because it's right on a trail? My favorite house is Heljarchen Hall. Seems the safest for my family. I don't want my kids eaten by a dragon now!

Shneeb108

I have had all characters show up at Lakeview, and it is fun to kick them. They even stole Camilla, and I had to go break her out of the jail. The Giant appearing out of the side of the house wall was really interesting!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts