• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I imagine the OP crafted his daedric set when he reached 90 smithing, and didn't realize that he could improve it again once he got to 100 smithing.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
For so long I've seen people say that Daedric was the best armor, better even than dragon plate. This is not true. Daedric is only better if you don't upgrade it. Daedric has a better base armor rating than dragon plate. But if you upgrade both dragon plate is the better armor. My dragon plate is 50+ points better as a set than daedric and I still need to upgrade the boots. The Skyrim Wiki and my own experience can confirm this. DRAGON PLATE IS THE BEST HEAVY ARMOR! It has the highest armor rating AFTER being upgraded. To make and upgrade a full set of Dragon Plate you'll need 16 scales and 8 bones. Happy Hunting!!!

The best armor can be made better through Enchanting and Alchemy, to almost an infinite level. My daedric and my dragonbone are always neck and neck depending on which I'm improving at the time. But when your armor is say, 960 for Daedric and 964 for Dragonplate, there's no discernable difference.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
For so long I've seen people say that Daedric was the best armor, better even than dragon plate. This is not true. Daedric is only better if you don't upgrade it. Daedric has a better base armor rating than dragon plate. But if you upgrade both dragon plate is the better armor. My dragon plate is 50+ points better as a set than daedric and I still need to upgrade the boots. The Skyrim Wiki and my own experience can confirm this. DRAGON PLATE IS THE BEST HEAVY ARMOR! It has the highest armor rating AFTER being upgraded. To make and upgrade a full set of Dragon Plate you'll need 16 scales and 8 bones. Happy Hunting!!!

The best armor can be made better through Enchanting and Alchemy, to almost an infinite level. My daedric and my dragonbone are always neck and neck depending on which I'm improving at the time. But when your armor is say, 960 for Daedric and 964 for Dragonplate, there's no discernable difference.
Does it really matter when you get to that level? It's so far above cap, it ceases to have meaning, doesn't it?

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.

Does it really matter when you get to that level? It's so far above cap, it ceases to have meaning, doesn't it?

I've never noticed a level cap. I have doubts it exists! Bigger numbers are always better, and there's a lot of evidence that my armor at 960 is better than it was at 700. True for my bows, too, which have rolled over the thousand mark and are at about 1105--which shows up as "105" when you look it them. They certainly don't recognize a level cap. They're strong enough to 1-shot an elder dragon if I'm sneaking, and they regularly shoot dragons right out of the sky which makes for spectacular crash landings.

HouseHosted

Mundus 9-5, Oblivion weekends
I find unless you're playing on Legendary difficulty, it's rather difficult to notice when the hard cap comes into play. I've done my share of playing with armour ratings, and you'll take pretty well the same amount of damage at 700 as you will at 900. Hard caps like this make me sad. I wish the game had a diminishing returns type formula for damage resistances.

NaseemisOP

The difference in Daedric and Dragonscale armor is so small it's negligible. To be honest the only difference between Daedric armour and Dragonscale armour isits appearance. I personally prefer the look of Daedric armour, there really is no other word to describe it other than epic. Dragon armour sounds like it should be amazing but it just looks so primitive and nowhere as threatening as it should be.

deathbyprayer

I'd still prefer the Daedric armor though just because of the overall design, it just looks totally badass compared to the Dragonplate armor which seems a bit lazy and clunkly, almost like you're covered in wood and it doesn't help that they dangled bones on your skirt, it looked really cheap.

Snake Tortoise

Here's For Your Trouble
I was coming in here to say the best armour is the lightest armour that relies on the fewest perks in smithing and heavy/light armour to reach the armour cap, and you can certainly take steel armour and probably even iron all the way up to the cap.

Then I remembered mixed sets of armour. A good argument for the higher level armours (dragonplate, stahlrim, daedric etc) is that you could wear master robes with boots, gauntlets and helmet and still hit the cap. Maybe even just boots, gauntlets, robes and no helmet. One of the coolest sets I've worn was dragonscale boots and gauntlets, fur armour (the topless kind) and a foresworn helmet. Armour that made me look like a barbarian but was better than daedric because it was so much lighter and offered the same defence

When alchemy, enchanting and smithing are maxed it's fun to strip down a character's armour and find an unusual combination that still reaches the cap

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
My personal favorite is Vamp with scaled gauntlets and boots -or- vamp with dragonscale gauntlets and boots (it depends on whether my spellsword is male or female - female for scaled since they only where diadem's and dragonscale for males since they wear Morokei).

JMO :)

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
My personal favorite is Vamp with scaled gauntlets and boots -or- vamp with dragonscale gauntlets and boots (it depends on whether my spellsword is male or female - female for scaled since they only where diadem's and dragonscale for males since they wear Morokei).

JMO :)
I use light armour on my current char. I am currently waiting for high smithing/enchantment before I cap out Ancient Falmer armour. :)

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Why would they make a cap that's so low? I didn't even realize that there was a cap. This whole time... I've literally wasted hours smithing and enchanting, just so I could get a few more points in armor, all for nothing after 567??

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
Why would they make a cap that's so low? I didn't even realize that there was a cap. This whole time... I've literally wasted hours smithing and enchanting, just so I could get a few more points in armor, all for nothing after 567??

Pretty much, 667 if you're not wearing any armour or shield.

max resistance of physical is 80%, but you could go legendary to make the game more interesting, and add a reasonable regen to help balance the drastic increase in damage taken.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts