• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

XbSuper

I didn't read through this whole topic, so I don't know if someone already posted this, but it really makes no difference which one you use, because the armor cap is 567, or 80% dmg reduction. Anything higher than 567 armor isn't helping you, and since both dragon plate, and daedric can easily make this cap, it's really just about which one you think looks better. Personally, I used the alchemy-smithing glitch to make shrouded armor hit this cap, just because I love the look.

Edit: I've read most of the posts now, and this clearly has already been discussed. Also, I tested this theory, and it is false, daedric will always be better if using the same skill set for upgrading.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
I love bling, so I hope to stick to glass armour as much as possible.

Daedric looks like a typical evil manga character, dragonplate looks lame.

Tiger_Wolff

My lvl 32 Breton one hander paladin/resto/conjurer, put his daedric armor on his follower and wearing wolf armor. Not the best hvy but, I move allot quicker.

Kuurus

Just to further illustrate the pointlessness of which is better, I upgraded my Ebony (which I happen to love the look of) to epic last night and my armor is now 542. My smithing skill is only 78 and I don't even have the ebony smithing perk. I only took the necessary 2 perks in that tree to be able to improve enchanted gear. I used smithing gear with a total of +65% and a +20% potion. I will be able to reach 567+ just by getting some more points in smithing and upgrading this same ebony armor to legendary next time. I only need a smithing skill of 92 with this same gear/potion setup to do so.

Halkin

pzzzztt
ebony armour is where its at, even though i have a ton of dragon plate and deadric crafting gear i stick to ebony, or glass for sneaky roles.

Halkin

pzzzztt
ROFL That's very scientific. Did you break out your tape measurer and measure the bar? You just proved that you don't have any idea how much damage you did. The only way you can know how much damage you do is by using console commands. Saying you must have done 100 damage based on a visual measure is meaningless and reminds me of the console game users that claimed that damage is location based because they shot something in the head and body and the headshot did more damage. It's meaningless, inaccurate and has no persuasive authority. Plenty of PC users have already tested Fists of Steel perk damage accurately and reliably using the console commands and it caps at 50 for normal attacks. It's math not guesswork.

Light armor doesn't need to use enchantments to be better for stealth than heavy armor without the enchantments. That was the point. :rolleyes:

insert u mad comment here

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Daedric Armor is stronger then Dragon but it is much harder to make. Dragon is also lighter in comparison to Daedric.

Even when you improve Daedric it will remain stronger. My Daedric Armor when tempered is 350+

Epic Keith

Plus, your Heavy/Light armor skill depends on the armor rating.

e.g
My Khajit with Light Armor had Dragonscale armor (tempered) had a higher rating then Daedric and Dragonplate armors(Tempered)

Halkin

pzzzztt
for me looks is where its at, i spent forever and a day in ebony armour because i like it. now i run around in the nightingale gear. damage reduction isnt important for me

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
As people said 3 months ago... the armor cap is 567 so it doesn't matter which one you wear, because almost every armor can reach the cap. And if you want a low-weight heavy armor and to save perks, you should wear wolf armor. The set weighs 32. Daedric set weighs 81. That way you don't have to waste 3 heavy armor perks for conditioning, and you don't have to waste 4 smithing perks for Daedric. Unless you want to roleplay, or like the look of a certain armor.

Epic Keith

UPDATE

I did an experiment. I upgraded my Daedric Armor using my Fortify Smithing potion (116% better) and upgraded a Dragonplate armor with a Fortify Smithing potion (120% better)

The results are:-

Daedric, Base Armor 1600+

Dragon, Base Armor 1200+

So......

DAEDRIC WINS

^^you failed to realize that they both meet the armor cap, therefore they are equal. Neither set is better than the other

Metas

Redguard Battlemage
I personally stopped at daedric not only does it look cooler but my armor rating is 705 without a shield. i havent found dragon armor to have the same kind of rating. i will always be wearing daedric until i need to train light armor.

"the armor cap is 567"

that is mentioned in this thread multiple, multiple times

Metas

Redguard Battlemage
"well excuse me for being retarded"-- Peter Griffin

i read the first couple of arguments then put in my 2 cents

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
I just really like the look of Daedric armor. So demonic and just all around badass. The Dragon Armor's appearance disappointed me a little. I was expecting something more visual awesome. NIghtingale Armor is my second favorite in the game.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts