• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Swordsmansmith

For so long I've seen people say that Daedric was the best armor, better even than dragon plate. This is not true. Daedric is only better if you don't upgrade it. Daedric has a better base armor rating than dragon plate. But if you upgrade both dragon plate is the better armor. My dragon plate is 50+ points better as a set than daedric and I still need to upgrade the boots. The Skyrim Wiki and my own experience can confirm this. DRAGON PLATE IS THE BEST HEAVY ARMOR! It has the highest armor rating AFTER being upgraded. To make and upgrade a full set of Dragon Plate you'll need 16 scales and 8 bones. Happy Hunting!!!

VolenKiller

The Idealist
Swordsmansmith, your misunderstanding people when they say daedric armor is better. It wouldnt make sense if you required 100 smithing to make dragonplate and only 90 to make daedric, and daedric having a higher armor rating. When people say that, they mean daedric armor LOOKS a lot better.

Is dragon scale the best light armor or is glass?

Swordsmansmith, your misunderstanding people when they say daedric armor is better. It wouldnt make sense if you required 100 smithing to make dragonplate and only 90 to make daedric, and daedric having a higher armor rating. When people say that, they mean daedric armor LOOKS a lot better.
No, the Daedric armor DOES have a better Base Armor Value. Look at factual information before posting, or fear the wrath of Hermaeus Mora o_O
The Dragonplate armor's armor rating increases more when tempered.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
Unfortunately you also look like your covered in wood in dragon plate.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
I have upgraded both Daedric and Dragonplate full armor sets without enchantments. When both are compared, Daedric wins in terms of a few extra armor points.

Swordsmansmith

Then you didn't use the same equipment or something between upgrading the two. Dragon has a higher armor rating when upgraded evenly against daedric. The only downside is you spend a perk point on the armor and there are no dragon weapons.
"Wheeeeew. Is your armor made of.........Dragon bones? What I wouldn't give for a set of that!!!"

Dvalin

Then you didn't use the same equipment or something between upgrading the two. Dragon has a higher armor rating when upgraded evenly against daedric. The only downside is you spend a perk point on the armor and there are no dragon weapons.
"Wheeeeew. Is your armor made of.........Dragon bones? What I wouldn't give for a set of that!!!"
If you go the 'Light Armor/Advanced armor side of the tree you get to Dragon armor in the same amount of perks, then you can make the best heavy and light armor, although you're stuck smithing glass weapons and not daedric.

Professor Skalvar

When I get on Skyrim, I'll post the armor rating I get for both of them as I have both upgraded to Legendary status on my first character.

Hulksmash

For so long I've seen people say that Daedric was the best armor, better even than dragon plate. This is not true. Daedric is only better if you don't upgrade it. Daedric has a better base armor rating than dragon plate. But if you upgrade both dragon plate is the better armor. My dragon plate is 50+ points better as a set than daedric and I still need to upgrade the boots. The Skyrim Wiki and my own experience can confirm this. DRAGON PLATE IS THE BEST HEAVY ARMOR! It has the highest armor rating AFTER being upgraded. To make and upgrade a full set of Dragon Plate you'll need 16 scales and 8 bones. Happy Hunting!!!

at lvl 55 orc i have with stoneflesh and heavy armor pots I make im at 1112 armor ratting. full set maxed heavy armor perks and as much as i could do on enchanting/smithing

Ender

I wish the Helm of Winterhold was better I think its the most badass looking helmet in the game. I love the attention to detail that was put into the engravings on it.

Professor Skalvar

Daedric.jpg

Daedric Full Set Armor at Legendary: 610

Dragonplate.jpg

Dragonplate Full Set Armor at Legendary: 585

That's a 25+ armor rating for a full set of Daedric armor without enchanting any piece of clothing to improve smithing skill or drinking any smithing potions.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts