• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DClyde

So including the DLCs, what is currently the best mage gear? I'm not including stuff you enchant yourself, purely stuff you find or quest rewards? Is it still the Arch-Mage robes for instance?

Archmages never where, the Master Robes of any given school out-perform them. Also, Miraak's are pretty good, if you use Spell Absorbtion to soak up enemy magic to recharge. With those, his boots, the Atronach Perk, and Stone, you get 100% so all Magic, Poison, and Disease, even SHouts can be used to cast spells. You can't summon, anything, but instead, you can use a Staff, or Scrolls of summoning for free Magicka, useful!

If you don't ming wearing (Heavy) Armor, Vokun, and Nahkriin, both fortify multiple schools. Morokei isn't technically Armor, so you can wear it, and still have the Magearmor multipliers. Shields too, I prefer the Targe of the Blooded for good damage without using weapon skills, or Spellbreaker for Ward Absorb without using Magicka. With Azidal's Gauntlets, that's 70% at will that doesn't interfere with Summons (So you can still play a conjurer) and there's some other neat enchantments in that set.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
It depends how you play your mage, if you use all the skills fairly equally then archmages robes probably is the best, theres no other way to get reductions on all schools and more magicka and magicka regen on 1 item.
If you focus on 1 school then the master robes are great like psiber said^ very good regen increase plus high reduction.
I think the ring of the erudite can be the best ring in the game for a mage, you get it through a sidequest for the vampire clan in dawnguard. The ring increases magicka by 100 points but it also says it increases magicka regen, this is actually a unique enchantment. Instead of increasing regen it actually doubles your current regen rate, similar to how highborn works for the high elves.
So if you had 150%+ regen it would be 300% with the ring of Erudite + the increase in regen from the extra magicka points, the ring works in and out of vampire lord form.
For headgear the dragon priest masks are all mostly good for mages, if you focus on destruction then the new masks in dragonborn are a must +25% damage of 1 element and +50% resistance to 1 element, the only increase destruction damage items in the game. Personally I like the aetherial crown, it's unique and looks mage like + it's handy having two standing stones, I like the lord stone + the lady stone (because i'm a vamp)
My favourite mage outfit at the minute is vampire royal armour set + aetherial crown with gauntlets and boots self double enchanted or the ancient falmer armour with aetherial crown, all self enchanted.
I normally go for reduction in conjuration to about 25-50% and some more magicka/resists.

It depends how you play your mage, if you use all the skills fairly equally then archmages robes probably is the best, theres no other way to get reductions on all schools and more magicka and magicka regen on 1 item. If you focus on 1 school then the master robes are great like psiber said^ very good regen increase plus high reduction.
Well, this is personal choice, but with the Archemages', you get 100 Magicka Recovery, with Master Robes, you get 150. Also, the Archmages give you 15% off all schools, while the masters take off 22% of one, and the Archmage's give you 50 more Magicka. However, the Archmage's are hooded, which means you can only wear them with certain headgear (Like Morokei, and other Circlets.)

Here's the thing, its not what's the best piece of gear in each slot, but what works best for your character of whatever is available. If you are using Heavy Armor (And robes) then you can wear Vokun, Master Robes of Destruction, some heavy boots, and gloves (Like Ahzidal's Gauntlets of Warding, with Spellbreaker.) This is a good outfit, it's got 20% off Alteration, Illusion, Conjuration, 22% off Destruction, 150% more Magicka Regeneration, and the highest drain Restoration effect, Warding costs nothing (Because of the Shield) and Absorbs 50-70% (with Ward Absorb) of Magic it blocks without absorbing Summons.

Another good one, for an unarmored Wizard might be Miraak's Robes, Boots (20% Spell Absorbtion) to stack with the Atronach Perk/Stone for 100% as long as you aren't Summoning anything, ever. (And a Ring/Necklace/Circlet of Whatever's Clever that won't interfere with Mage Armor.) If you are primarily a Conjurer, then this might be the Worst possible outfit, because it will make Summoning impossible.

The Archmage's Robes, and Diadem of the Savant together take off 20% of all spells, and that's good. Unless you use all schools pretty much equally, however, it's not going to be ideal. A build, including your gear, is going to be a Gestalt, greater than the sum of it's parts through synergy. A lot of people try to dumb this down to "Craft/Wear/Use all the best items, and perks." Well, the "Best' ones might be the most powerful, OR, they are the ones that work together as a holistic System. For instance, Mage Armor increases the effectiveness of ...Flesh spells to up to 300%. That's Awesome! However, if you also wear Capped out Armor, then they don't increase your protection at all, and you wasted 3 perk points. This is not Synergy, but conflict.

So, to build an Optimum outfit, you need to look at all the parts, including the character wearing it, and the tactics the Player (That's you) generally use to work out what'll work together best without conflicting, and canceling out. If you don't summon, Spell Absorbtion is the best Magickal defense there is, because it also can re-fill your Magicka. If you're not using one, or more schools, you can fortify the others with as much Magicka Regeneration as you can strap on. If you only use one, or let's say Destruction is the school you spam fast enough to run yourself out of Magicka, while the other schools have Durations (so your Magicka has time to recover) or are only cast occasionally between Combat where you have the luxury of Time, then you can stack up multiples of Fortify Destruction (or whatever) to make that 1 critical school cost little, or eventually no Magicka. (This can be done without enchanting, but you have to depend on Random Loot, that is Luck, and playing the Radiant system to find Robes, Circlet/Helmet, Ring, and necklace of Peerless Destruction with 25% Fortify Enchantments. Or, you can use the Console, and look up the codes online.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Yeah I agree completely, I often just wear things that are enchanted for roleplay, for example I have fur armour for snowy regions that is enchanted with resist frost, because it makes sense that being warm would prevent you freezing.
My main armour is the Ancient Falmer Armour just because it looks really good on my high elf, especially with the Aetherial Crown.
I'm mostly a conjurer, I focus mostly on the summoning dead spells though like mistman and wrathman, I also like the seeker. I don't use illusion much apart from invisibility vary rarely, I only use Ahzidals ring of arcana for destruction because they are the only 2 good destruction spells in the game imo, especially Ignite. Freeze is great for using on warriors whilst your summons deal with them. The best thing is they are both apprentice spells and they are more affective than any other destruction spells at any level, so you don't need any equipment with fortify destruction, allowing for more alternative enchantments.
Primarily I use Conjuration and Alteration (For flesh spells, detect life, light and paralysis) I don't put any perks in mage armour because I smith armour but I use flesh spells with it until my smithing is high enough for the armour cap. Normally just perk up through to stability with all magic resistance, no atronach because I conjure.
I've never used wards much though, they take a lot of magicka, does the ward absorb perk actually work with normal wards? Last time I used it I didn't notice anything but I think wards just take so much magicka to maintain that any makicka you absorb is used up.

does the ward absorb perk actually work with normal wards? Last time I used it I didn't notice anything but I think wards just take so much magicka to maintain that any makicka you absorb is used up.
It's only 20%, which means a 1-in-5 chance of soaking up any given spell. Before Dragonborn, this made them mostly useful for Dragon Breath, because that's basically a whole bunch of little effects that stack over time. The net effect of Ward Absorb is absorbing 20% of those, and therefore the resulting Magicka. (It also means you can completely block it without taking any damage, or shattering to stagger you.) However, with Ahzidal's Gloves, you can bump this up to 70%, but with the 25% biff (This is to the Ward's "Armor" value, or how much damage it can take before shattering, and staggering you) you need a higher level version for the same level spells. (Greater Ward goes down to 60, so as effective as Lesser Ward, only with higher Casting Cost, and half again more Spell Absorbtion.) As a Vampire, with Necromage, this nerf may be enhanced as well, IDK, I haven't tested it, but the Absorbtion chance may go up as well! (Somebody please confirm, or disprove this for me, please?)

I will point out that this Absorbtion is seperate to whatever you have on your body, and does not soak Summons (You can cast a Dremora Lord right through a hand cast ward) so it may be "better" for a Conjuror, even though it's higher cost, and not as effective, with the possibility to stagger. You can still Summon, though, and as these are some of the more powerful spells in the game, the defensive value against other mages (With Physical resistance from your Armor) should really help while they're doing most of the fighting. Instead, you can just use Necromancy, which isn't affected by Spell Absorbtion at all.

Honestly, for the purposes of Synergy, and maximizing your gear's potential, Enchanting is probably the way to go. I listed mostly just the pieces that have either Unique Effects, or more of common enchantments than you can make yourself. For instance, Vokun, or Nahkriin effectively have 3 effects, while you max out as 2 if you DIY. Also, Robes of any school have that, and more Magicka Regeneration that you can get with the same effect, because when you do it, the Regen is set at 10, while the Fortify School scales up with your Enchanting. However, you can add Magicka Regeneration as an Extra Effect, and get those 10 more points on top, Or, stacks Fortify School to double that effect, or add another school. You can, for instance make your own Robes of mass Destruction (You can rename them whatever you want) with 50% Fortify Destruction, and 10% Magicka Regeneration. (Just put more regen on something else, or don't.) Or, Fortify Destruction, and Restoration with 10% Magicka regeneration from each...

This basically gives you 12 wearable slots (Circlet, Necklace, Robes, Ring, Gloves, and Boots x2.) to dial it in for Your character, if you enchant every piece of gear yourself. Not every effect will go on every piece, for instance the Robes combo enchantments from above will only go on the Body Slot (Either Robes, Clothes, or some kind of Armor.) Gloves can take Fortify Magicka, and have another slot that don't really have any other Wizardy effects for. I generally go with Fortify 1 handed so I can use a Sword, or Fortify Block on a Shieldmage. (Shields don't count as Armor for the Magearmor perk, and as pointed out, Spellbreaker can Ward without using Magicka, not to mention the other uses for a Shield.)

To help you, all of you reading this, and thinking about how they can use it, here's my rundown of Effects specifically for Wizards: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Enchanting_Effects

Head: I go with a Dragon Priest Mask unless I'm doing light/unarmored, because I can't make anything as good. For mages, Vokun is 20 Fort Conj/Ill/Alt, which is the most cost reduction you can get on the head. Nahkriin is 50 Magicka, and 20 points Fort Destro/Resto. Also, Otar is 30% Resist Fire/Frost Shock, which can stack with the Elemental Protection (Block Perk) for a lot of resistance on a slot that normally can't carry it. So, if you're going for the Resist Magic/Fire/Frost/Shock cap, you can have this in addition to the maximum of these effects in their normal slots. (Both cap at 85%, but combined lower all incoming spell damage to >5%. Even Warriors can benefit from this level of protection with their Armor.)

This is also where All of the Fortify School effects can be put, so you can get two, or one with Fortify Magicka, or Regen. Let me point out something about that last effect. Charge up a spell, see how your Blue gauge goes down? Now, release the spell, and see how it goes back up. It doesn't regenerate while you're spellcasting, so with Concentration Spells, you have to stop for Magicka Regeneration to have any effect. Even with 350% (From Master Robes, and Morokei) and Highborn, you have to stop casting to rgenerate, but with all that stacked up, it's near instantaneous, so you can throw a couple more Fireballs. Waterbreathing is the oddball, but you can put it on a Ring, or necklace, and swap it out only when you're exploring Shipwrecks, or whatever.

Neck: Takes virtually every effect, except the Robe enchantments, unarmed, and muffle. Make your necklace last, the versatility of this slot means that whatever else you've got in your outfit, you can dial in that last bit of performance with a nice necklace. The best one in Vanilla is arguably the Gaulgur Amulet, because it fortifies all 3 stats, which you can't do. Until you get your magicka, and Enchanting up, you might want to wear some here, like Savos' Amulet for training with.

Robes/Body Armor: I already dealt with the unique enchantments for this slot, now allow me to discuss the ultimate debate. "Should I wear Armor?" If so, should you wear light, heavy, a combination of the two, or robes with armor? Up to you, but there are inherent advantages, and disadvantages you want to weigh for synergy. First of all, are you going to be in the Melee? (Incidentally, a Place, or time, the crush of battle, with the emphasis on a Free for All. Melee isn't something you do, but the wrong place, and the wrong time to be a squishy Wizard.) If you have any hand weapon skills (the ones with "Handed" in the name) then some Armor so you can survive the kind of fight where they're actually useful would be nice.

However, for the purposes of this discussion, I'm going to assume that you're going to be using some Magic. Go fig. That means even if you're going for a Heavy Armored Battlemage/tank, until you can enchant your body armor, Robes are going to be very nice for not running down your Magicka, and recovering once it does. At that point, you're a warrior, and the sooner you can get back to enhancing your effectiveness in the melee, the better. Once you have Extra Effect, not to mention the rest of the outfit, and Conditioned so you have the mobility, and Stamina of an unarmored Wizard (or the Steed Stone) I'd Enchant your Armor like Robes, only tougher.

This is also one of the slots where you can wear Resist Poison/Disease, just in case all the rest of your Resistances are up to snuff. Also, yet again Duration Spells largely eliminate the need for Magicka Regeneration, if you have the Magicka to cast them. For instance, a Battlemage can pop Flame Cloak, then wade into the melee and have a minute of extra damage to everyone around them. Even without Robes, not enchanted Armor, by the time that wears off, natural magicka regeneration will have them back up to a full gauge. This goes for Ebony Flesh (100 more Armor even if you're in heavy, this really makes up for wearing Robes on your torso.) Summons/Revenants, (Thralls, especially, because they don't time out you can cast 2 of them, then let your Magicka recover before entering any dangerous area, or leaving the safety of the guardhouse.) and Bound Weapons. This makes Fortify Conjuration a lower priority unless you plan to use Flaming Familiar a lot, and likewise, Fortify Alteration mostly for spamming Paralysis. Destruction, Illusion, and Restoration tend to be spammed repeatedly, and therefore run you down faster, so are higher priorities to Fortify, possibly to the point of costing Nothing.

The only reason I would go for Light Armor is for hybrid builds that use it in their other (Non-Mage) class, like Nightblade, Arcane Assassin/Archer, or Spellsword. the first two are obviously Stealth types, and between the Nightingale, and Shrouded sets, don't even really need Enchantment, except for possibly weapons. Sure, you could dial it in even better with Extra effect (And the pieces you can't reproduce, like the Shrouded Gloves) but for the most part, the investment is disproportionate to the returns. Spellsword is a special case, because they don't fight like anyone else. The style is characterized by Skirmishing, running into, and out of the melee rather than standing there, and outdamaging the enemy. Therefore, Stamina (And regeneration) is at least as critical as Magicka (and Regeneration.) For them, it's either Light Armor (For Wind Walker, as much as anything) or Robes, and enchanted heavy, because the loss of mobility will get them killed faster than the lack of Physical protection.

But this isn't a Spellsword thread, so I'll move on...

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
I mostly go for resistances, as conjurations my main offense I don't need that much magicka reduction, and I only get novice reduction, even without the reduced costs I find summoning 2 dremora lords still leaves me with magicka left over + I'm a vampire lord so I have 100% resist poison and disease, which is great against Chaurus and Falmer.
Summon 2 wrathmen and with necomancy perks they have 900 health each I think, then you can just sit back and relax, play about with destruction or just make yourself a coffee haha, it's a relaxing playstyle, although I've always loved conjuration.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Robes/Body Armor: I already dealt with the unique enchantments for this slot, now allow me to discuss the ultimate debate. "Should I wear Armor?" If so, should you wear light, heavy, a combination of the two, or robes with armor? Up to you, but there are inherent advantages, and disadvantages you want to weigh for synergy. First of all, are you going to be in the Melee? (Incidentally, a Place, or time, the crush of battle, with the emphasis on a Free for All. Melee isn't something you do, but the wrong place, and the wrong time to be a squishy Wizard.) If you have any hand weapon skills (the ones with "Handed" in the name) then some Armor so you can survive the kind of fight where they're actually useful would be nice.

However, for the purposes of this discussion, I'm going to assume that you're going to be using some Magic. Go fig. That means even if you're going for a Heavy Armored Battlemage/tank, until you can enchant your body armor, Robes are going to be very nice for not running down your Magicka, and recovering once it does. At that point, you're a warrior, and the sooner you can get back to enhancing your effectiveness in the melee, the better. Once you have Extra Effect, not to mention the rest of the outfit, and Conditioned so you have the mobility, and Stamina of an unarmored Wizard (or the Steed Stone) I'd Enchant your Armor like Robes, only tougher.

This is also one of the slots where you can wear Resist Poison/Disease, just in case all the rest of your Resistances are up to snuff. Also, yet again Duration Spells largely eliminate the need for Magicka Regeneration, if you have the Magicka to cast them. For instance, a Battlemage can pop Flame Cloak, then wade into the melee and have a minute of extra damage to everyone around them. Even without Robes, not enchanted Armor, by the time that wears off, natural magicka regeneration will have them back up to a full gauge. This goes for Ebony Flesh (100 more Armor even if you're in heavy, this really makes up for wearing Robes on your torso.) Summons/Revenants, (Thralls, especially, because they don't time out you can cast 2 of them, then let your Magicka recover before entering any dangerous area, or leaving the safety of the guardhouse.) and Bound Weapons. This makes Fortify Conjuration a lower priority unless you plan to use Flaming Familiar a lot, and likewise, Fortify Alteration mostly for spamming Paralysis. Destruction, Illusion, and Restoration tend to be spammed repeatedly, and therefore run you down faster, so are higher priorities to Fortify, possibly to the point of costing Nothing.

The only reason I would go for Light Armor is for hybrid builds that use it in their other (Non-Mage) class, like Nightblade, Arcane Assassin/Archer, or Spellsword. the first two are obviously Stealth types, and between the Nightingale, and Shrouded sets, don't even really need Enchantment, except for possibly weapons. Sure, you could dial it in even better with Extra effect (And the pieces you can't reproduce, like the Shrouded Gloves) but for the most part, the investment is disproportionate to the returns. Spellsword is a special case, because they don't fight like anyone else. The style is characterized by Skirmishing, running into, and out of the melee rather than standing there, and outdamaging the enemy. Therefore, Stamina (And regeneration) is at least as critical as Magicka (and Regeneration.) For them, it's either Light Armor (For Wind Walker, as much as anything) or Robes, and enchanted heavy, because the loss of mobility will get them killed faster than the lack of Physical protection.

But this isn't a Spellsword thread, so I'll move on...

Which do you think is actually better for a mage? heavy or light armour?
I go with light because I prefer it, + smithed light armour is the same protection as heavy but lighter, although I think if you perk the armour trees then heavy armour is better because of the reflect damage perk. Thoughts?

Accessories: As listed above there just ain't a whole lot going for the Glove slot beyond Fortify magicka, so i'd call this manditory. In fact, I often Enchant these first, as Extra Effect doesn't seem to help much. If you're using Armor, you can fortify that here (Or Block for a Shield.) Lockpicking, so you don't have to put any perks in it, or any Weapon skills you might be using. Also, it does nothingin combat, but if you just want to fill the slot for completedness, Alchemy is a common skill for Wizards, going back to Gandalf, so I guess it couldn't hurt.

Rings are like necklaces, there's less effects that Can't go on them than can. Stamina Regeneration is the oddball, because you can find rings likeat in random loot, but can't enchant it yourself. So, only if you're maxing for that, you can save 1 ring of Renewal, but otherwise, you're probably better off with 2 different enchantments here. Also, all jewelry is ultralight, so there's no reason not to have several (Within reason) to swap out, and adjust for different situations. At best, you may want a single piece of Body Armor to replace your Robes for tough fights, but for the same weight, you can get a pile of Necklaces, and Rings fore almost countless combinations, and situations...

Shoes/Boots: If you're Heavy Armor, and want to sneak at all, Ever, Muffle is pretty much Manditory. You can also get it on the Ebony Mail, which really helps out in the Melee, and also warns you in 3rd person whenever you're being targeted, or there's enemies nearby by turning Black. Otherwise, this is as good a slot as any for that effect, until you get the Silenced, and Conditioned perks, then you can replace it with something that isn't completely obsolete. Also, you can enchant Regenerate Stamina here, though it doesn't appear pre-enchanted anywhere. Other than that, not the best slot for mages as far as enchantable effects, no magicka/recovery, Spell Schools, just Resistances, and Carry Weight, and Health (Which is always nice, especially when you're heavily invested in magicka.) Resist Shock is one of the best here, because it depletes your magicka, and that's your life-blood. Resist Magicka only if you don't have enough piled up from other effects, including Spell Absorbtion. Miraak's Boots aren't Armor, and add 5% to the robes, making 100% just possible as a constant, even without a Breton. Considering all else that's available in this slot, that could possibly be your best bet, or possibly not. Waterwalking is all right, but not something I would consider vital to have active all the time, so you can always put on Ahzidal's Boots whenever you actually need them...

As you can see, Enchanting really complicates things, which is why it's generally simpler to go with pre-enchanted. however, if you want the absolute best combinations across ALL of your gear, this is the only way you can dial it in on nigh "Perfect."

Which do you think is actually better for a mage? heavy or light armour? I go with light because I prefer it, + smithed light armour is the same protection as heavy but lighter, although I think if you perk the armour trees then heavy armour is better because of the reflect damage perk. Thoughts?
Again, depends on the Mage. Reflect Damage, and Stagger resistance are great for a Battlemage who likes to slug it out in the melee. Even if you cap it out, and have it Weightless from perks, Light Armor is going to be better for mobility than Heavy because of the Wind Walker perk. It also takes less Perk Points, and lower skill level to make Weightless, and so forth.

I personally use Armor as my last defense. Whatever I don't kill before they get a chance to counter, evade, then stagger to prevent them attacking, THEN I have to worry about physical damage. Other than the Enchantments, that's all Armor does, reduce the damage from physical sources. This is the main reason i don't Smith much, it's extremely limited compared with every other skill tree in the system. It's just 2 effects, increase physical damage, and resistance to Physical damage, for a ludicrous amount of grinding to reach one of the lowest caps in the game.

For most of my characters, it's Robes/Heavy, because of all the scripted items in the game, these give the most useful effects for my combat style with a Mage, even before Ahzidal's stuff came out. I wouldn't bother with Armor at all if it weren't for all the nice pieces they put in to tempt me... Like I said, it's not the pieces, but the system you can create with them that make you effective.

For a Spellsword, Light, definitely. Stamina is just too critical for that fighting style.

All right, I know I just cast Wall of Text, again, but that's because the simple answer is, "There is no simple answer." If what you want is the absolute best performance for you, the player, and your character, you're going to have to apply the alien (Unless you happen to be German) concept of a Gestalt. You have 2 extreme choices, pile up the most powerful individual enchantments, or put together a System where every piece complements every other, and Multiply, rather than adding.

So, if you'll indulge me one last illustrative analogy, allow me to compare it with another complex system that has nothing to do with Magic. The Tuner, and the "Rice Car". Even if you aren't familiar with the latter term, I'm sure you've seen, and heard the Civics with a chromed Exhaust tip you can stick your fist in without touching the sides. That's pretty much the signature part that separates someone who actually knows how pieces fit together from Poseurs who thought the Fast&Furious movies were really cool, but have nothing but Fantasies to back them up.

The thing is, you can't get more air Out of an engine than you put In, so if you're Tuning a racecar, that's the LAST piece you put on. Back pressure is a butter zone that ultimately determines Power Efficiency to turn every BTU into expansion to push the pistons, and drive the shaft to turn the wheels, and push against the pavement to go thataway with a quickness. At one extreme, you can just block off the tailpipe, and the engine will stall. Congratulations, you've created a half ton door stop. At the other extreme, you hack it off at the exhaust manifold, make a lot of noise, and blast mostly unburnt fuel into your engine compartment. This reduces the fuel efficiency of what was an economy car to the consumption of a turbojet, and actually transfers less energy to the wheels, and pavement.

The Fast&Dirty trick is to jerk the pipe straight, hack off the muffler, and put a nickel plated coffee can on the end so it sounds like a race car. This eliminates the Back Pressure the Dual Overhead Cams, and performance timing chip need to regulate fuel, ignition, and throughput to get every footpound, and horsepower out of the gas tank, and onto the pavement. However, if actually going fast is secondary to your friends realising how cool a racer are, then this technique is about as effective as painting it Gofasta Red (Games Workshop) sticking on "Sponsor" decals (No corporation on Earth sponsors illegal street racing) and bolting a bookshelf spoiled stack onto the trunk. (On a front engine, front drive car, downforce in the back actually reduces the power going to the pavement at speed, and aerodynamic effects like that don't even kick in significantly below about 75MPH.)

A real mechanic starts under the hood at the Intake. This determines how much air you have to mix with the Fuel, and make it go "BANG! in the cylinders. Next, you set the fuel pump to spray in just enough petrol that you use all that air without blackening the insides with unburnt hydrocarbons, gumming up the valves so they don't open on time, and plaiting the spark plug terminals so they don't arc reliably, not to mention wasting a lot of expensive gasoline, so you have less money for parts, and have to weigh yourself down with more tank so you can cruise all night. While you're in there, replace all the internals with lighter weight ones so the mass that has to stop, and go back the other way 4 times per Otto cycle (Suck, squeeze, bang, and blow) per piston doesn't use up so much horsepower on inertial losses. And finally, before you close the hood, dial in all the timing so that it runs sustainably at peak efficiency, and check the cooling to make sure you don't burn it up at the redline.

THEN, you start on the Exhaust. Now, someone who doesn't know how to do all this in the first place is probably also not going to understand other complex multifactor interactions like Aerodynamics, Handling, and How To Drive A Race Car. That's fine, for burning up tires in the parking lot, cruising slow enough that they can hear your high drain, and heavy weight sound system thumping out Tek 9ine's "Night and Day", and driving your half asian girlfriend to the motel because even she's too big to make out with in the back seat with the 1.5 farad bosting capacitr, "NoX" tanks, and sub woofer.

What does this have to do with Enchantments? First, do what you did, figure out what the best pre-enchanted outfit is for your particular build. Then, get your Enchanting up by whatever methind you feel comfortable with, and finally, use the open slots like Necklace to Dial In the last bit of performance out of your now completed build. Or, you can rice out from the beginning, make Destruction free, and never have to learn to build/drive a performance Mage.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts