Curare' {Thalmor Infiltraitor}

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Author's Notes: This is intended to be SFW. There's no sex, nudity, nor even suggestive language. As far as the story is concerned, the people of Skyrim spawn in place, fully grown (or as children) and never age. However the narrator was not born here, and basically never says anything truthful about her origin.

She is not the Dragonborn. He's around too, and they may encounter each other, so when those events are activated, they will continue independent of her. The same goes for the Listener, or any other Chosen Ones. If she had a destiny, it was sacrificed for her her job.

She is a spy, and assassin. Not one of the standard builds, but most resembles a Nightblade, except for being Unarmored, and preferring a Bow. (So swap LA for Archery.) For those who are curious, she's named after a Poison, typically applied to arrows, and blow darts.

Also, this text is comprised of Reports, with responses from her superior in Italics. I'm not going to name any names, probably, but a prominent NPC holds her leash, and gives her direct orders. I also had to invent a Plot Device/artifact for this archive. Don't look for it in game, you won't find it...

Book of Transliteration:

Congratulations, Agent, on your first assignment! This book, a creation of our most powerful craftsmen, is enchanted with a Blood Seal. No other may open it, and any attempt to do so result in it's destruction. Yet care must be taken not to leave it open, read from, nor write in it without the utmost privacy. We must not risk anyone reading over your shoulder. The primary enchantment entangles it with an identical copy in the possession of your superior. Every letter written, or diagram drawn herein is immediately reproduced in its counterpart.

This is to allow you to receive orders without reporting in person. You are no longer Thalmor, officially. You never have been, nor are you to claim any ties with the Aldmeri Dominion. You may denounce us, publicly avow loathing to us, our organizations, and actions if it furthers the execution of your duties. You have been qualified sufficiently trained to operate independently, and should this prove not to be the case, it will be grounds for termination.

Remember your Oath, binding your life to our cause in your own words. Knowing, or unintentional failure will trigger it instantly, with the destruction of this book. There may, or may not be further equipment issued with this, to be detailed by your Superior.

Welcome, Initiate, and congratulations on your promotion. If you have not already, do read the Spell Tomes you received with this immediately. I was assured that you demonstrated promising skill in archery, so Mystic Bow is provided for your benefit. As this is incompatible with Invisibility, you are instructed to practice more with Mystic Sword. Further spells may be acquired from The College of Winterhold, where you are inducted, ere you would not be reading this.

Be aware, our agent there is not your contact, he merely delivered these to you. He is not to be interfered with, nor undue interaction to possibly betray affiliation. You Orders come from me, and I alone am to be reported to, through this medium. You need not know my location, nor identity, and I am to end your involvement at my discretion. You are nothing more than a weapon, My weapon, to loose, or discard. Failure, disobedience, falsehoods, and excuses will not be tolerated, but punished immediately.

I will not have my tools dulled, particularly by disuse. Should you prove valuable enough asset for further assignments, you may find other superiors agreeable to granting you breaks, and vacations. I am not in the habits of allowing my tools to rust, nor polishing, and sharpening them as a lowly crafstman. Assets are best kept in working order by continuous use, so I assure you, should practice become scarce, I will find something for you to do. Do you have any questions?

Yes, superior. How am I to address you?

"Superior" is adequate, though if you must use the custom of referring by title, know that I am internally ranked High Inquisitor of this unfortunately inhospitable region. My public title is not of your concern.

Merely in the interest of efficient use of ink, would Sir be an appropriate expedient?

"Madam" would be more accurate, yet I will not accept any bastard abbreviation such as Maam. I am not your mother, nor matron, so I will not be coddling, or reassuring you with affection.

Understood, Madam Inquisitor.

Now, to business. I do have other matters to attend than getting to know my underlings. Your starting Orders are to travel at once for Windhelm, and begin survielance of that hold's Jarl, one Ulfric Stormcloak. He is not to be eliminated, under any circumstances. Protect his life with your own until further notice, should it be necessary. By any means, gain his confidence, and trust, the better to stay close. Report at once any and all actions, plans, or preparations of import. I leave this to your judgement, but do not bore me with pages of inane personal habits. Report Immediately, should you make contact.

Madam Inquisitor, I have successfully spoken with the target. Unfortunately, due to the direction of the conversation, I had no opportunity other than to join the Stormcloaks. Not unexpectedly, I was greeted with suspicion. I am not aware if my Dossier details my excellent memory for conversations, but I recall every word, as usual.

Yes, I believe it was mentioned. Feel free to repeat all important particulars verbatum.

Ok, well he at first said that I was either "Brave, or Stupid to approach a Jarl on his throne without introduction." I must say, he was quite intimidating, with his General standing behind me like the bear who's skin he so proudly wears.

Go on...

Your pardon, superior. Ulfric then asked the reason for my intrusion, and joked that surely I was not there in support of their cause. I made up a cover story on the spot, about my father being accused, and murdered for treason in front of me by the Empire. His eyes showed surprise, but he smiled.

He avowed that such stories were becoming more common of late, and asked my opinion of the Thalmor, and worship of Talos. Again, forgive me, but I lied, saying "Talos was always of the Nine Divines, and while i do not worship Him, nor do i seek it's abolishment.

As per your training, you are permitted to say anything to advance our goals. Even claiming such herecies as the outward worship of the divine pretender. You waste my time with these pleas for forgiveness. I do not forgive, and were I offended, you would know, immediately..

His general interrupted, accusing me. Do not underestimate him, for his first thought was of a Thalmor agent. I protested, asking for a chance to prove myself. Galmar, his General has dispatched me to Serpent Stone Isle, near enough to the Collge, though I suspect he believes it a suicide mission. I will leave immediately after this report.

By all means, continue your mission, then.

Yes, Superior.

Simplcity, I found more difficulty reaching the site than destroying the Ice Wraith. Galmar Provided Ice Wraith's Bane, a potent toxin, but the bow sufficed. In the interest of getting most of the trip, I cleared out all 3 of them, and took the blessing from the Standing Stone. It could prove useful, otherwise a waste of time just to prove something for that low born Racist, Galmar. He assured me I don't Have to be a Nord to join, but it was blatantly implied that would be preferred.

Report received, continue.

Apon my return, I was allowed to take the oath. Fealty to the Jarl, and fighting to drive the invaders from Cyrodiil. I remember every word, but will not repeat it unless you feel it important.

No, of course not. You are not the first to have gotten so far, nor would you be the last.

There are other Infiltrators?

None of your concern. I remind you that you are an independent agent, so if one is caught the others can not even be accused.

Yes, Superior. I am to report to Riverwood, in Whiterun Hold for duty. I was issued their inferior armor, an iron sword, and longbow, as I told them I'm a better shot than fighter. My trainer is to be one Ralof, a Nord no doubt, in such a back country location.

Proceed, then, and report when you have something interesting.

I do, apparently, Ulfric himself will be headed there after me. Further details are to come from this Ralof, but he explicitly mentioned we are to "go ahead, and help prepare for the Jarl's arrival" according to Galmar, who is staying behind.

Also, I have heard rumors of a Black Sacrament being performed in Windhelm. I was told that the Dark Brotherhood was inactive in Skyrim, and wiped out in Cyrodiil, so this may be information for one of the other information branches. I am not yet aware if there is a connection to some recent murders of women.

Yes, have you yet left for the south?

No, Superior, I was still packing.

I passed your information to a colleague, and any intelligence on other assassin's guilds would be invaluable. There has been uncorroborated allusions to Morag Tong activity in the Grey Quarter, but nothing about the Sithis Cult. If you can delay, do dig around until another agent can be dispatched.

Yes, Madam. I was instructed to "take your time, and if you get lost on the way, you might not even be missed." This is what Galmar considers subtle hints.

Without sacrificing what little progress you have accomplished, do continue pursuing valuable information on your initiative. You are only worth what we can learn from you that we don't already know.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts